Transfer: 2016 Summer transfer discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Bobby Wood has joined Hamburg. Sorry cgf, now you guys need a replacement.

What does Hamburg's striker position look like besides Wood?

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I don't buy the talks of Tielemans to Mon'Gladbach in terms of Anderlecht's business plan. Why sell him for 15-20 million Euros now, when two, three years from now he could be had for 35-40 million? Just pay the player whatever he wants on the contract and sell him when he's 23/24 for an absurd amount.

Savi

Dec 3, 2006
Bruges, Belgium
No player from the Belgian league will be sold for €35m or more. Also, Tielemans should leave as soon as possible, even this season he hasn't made any progression at all, he needs to be in a better league, surrounded by better players. Anderlecht have been a mess all season long in terms of player management.

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
I don't buy the talks of Tielemans to Mon'Gladbach in terms of Anderlecht's business plan. Why sell him for 15-20 million Euros now, when two, three years from now he could be had for 35-40 million? Just pay the player whatever he wants on the contract and sell him when he's 23/24 for an absurd amount.

Whatever he wants on a contract? What if he wants more than 5M per season? Then that 20M difference is lost on wages. The source isn't infallible and it doesn't say that the transfer is guaranteed to happen. Anderlecht could probably use the money now.

Cucumber

The best
Feb 7, 2014
I imagine Mitrovic, Townsend, Elliot, Krul, Jonjo, Sissoko ect... will all leave the toon this summer.

Any rumours on these players?

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Piotr Zielinski signed for Liverpool.

CihcZEvWwAEu7T0.jpg

Obviously he's not wearing #10, but this was on a Polish show where he was presented with a Liverpool shirt with his name on it and accepted it.

Cin

Eurosnob.
Feb 29, 2008
Austin, TX
I could see the reason for wanting Werner at Dortmund. He could learn from Auba how to use that speed he's got. Just not a move I'd make.

njdevsfn95

Help JJJ, Sprite.
Jul 30, 2006
I imagine Mitrovic, Townsend, Elliot, Krul, Jonjo, Sissoko ect... will all leave the toon this summer.

Any rumours on these players?

Krul and Sissoko are almost definites

Elliott is going to be injured a while and that would be risky

Shelvey, Townsend, and Mitro cost quite a bit of money. Personally Id love to keep the latter two but imagine all 3 would be beneficial in the Championship.

Jeffrey

Feb 2, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
I personally don't like the Zielinski signature (if it's true) He seems like an average player without any specific skillset to push Liverpool forward and the Italian league quality of players/clubs are sub-par. Hopefully for Liverpool I'm wrong and Klopp can develop him as a top player.

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
I could see the reason for wanting Werner at Dortmund. He could learn from Auba how to use that speed he's got. Just not a move I'd make.

Yeah. Dortmund already has enough fast attackers: Auba, Dembele, Mkhi, even Reus. That's not what they need.

I personally don't like the Zielinski signature (if it's true) He seems like an average player without any specific skillset to push Liverpool forward and the Italian league quality of players/clubs are sub-par. Hopefully for Liverpool I'm wrong and Klopp can develop him as a top player.

I watch Empoli fairly often and I like him in general and for Liverpool. Italian league is kind of slow-paced but the cliche about Serie A players not being able to adapt to other leagues is badly exaggerated and he's actually a fairly dynamic midfielder plus technically sound and pressing resistant. Empoli doesn't press very intensely, but I think he could adapt to Klopp. I saw a guy on twitter post the radars that showed that his statistical contributions to Empoli are quite similar to Henderson's to Liverpool, only that he pulls off a lot more successful dribbles.

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
My trouble is I would prefer an established keeper. He's a guy who probably competes for the #1, maybe not the clear favorite. I think he's less dodgy than Mignolet, but I don't know that he's loads better.

On the Polish kid, it's a value buy. Heck, everything they've done so far under Klopp has been value buys. The Serb kid, the potential German keeper, all are valued players that should get a bit better, will be on cheap wages and that are Klopp buys.

I would rather see them splash the cash, especially if they do manage to make it into the CL, but none of these buys is a big risk. If anything they're going to deepen the squad with more talent and hopefully play out like it did in Dortmund.

McOilbleeder

We are all Kloppites
Aug 5, 2006
Oil Country
Man LFC are getting their business done early. Karius, Zielinski and Matip all done. Grujic will be joining too. Rumored bid in for Gotze.

Karius, while not an outright starter, should be able to settle a bit than other young goalies.

With Zielinski and Grujic coming in, I wonder who makes way in LFC's midfield. Assuming Milner stays out wide (where he's been good), we have Can, Hendo, Lucas and Allen. At least one will leave, but it wouldn't surprise me if we're not done adding to the midfield.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Why? Karius is a young, good goalie. The EPL needs young and good goalies.

I'm not sure he is a guaranteed upgrade on Mignolet. He certainly has a higher ceiling, but his track record isn't anything special. I think they did well to get him in for sure, but depending on how the GK market developed, maybe they could have gotten someone like Hart or Navas.

Liverpool want to be top 4, dare I say win the league, caliber annually. If you look at who their rivals have at GK, there is a gulf between Karius/Mignolet and De Gea/Lloris/Cech/Hart (or MATS) and you can throw Schmeichel in there too.

PL is an arms race. You can't bring a knife to a gun fight. No matter how sharp the knife is. To be clear, I like Karius in a vacuum, and think he can be great, but GK is not the position that I wanted to take a chance on.

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
Considering the market should rise with the summer tournaments and all the clubs having more TV money, early is better.

I will also throw in the fact that Klopp likes a pretty rugged preseason, so more time to get the players in and fit would be better.

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
Joey Barton, Kranjcar and Ings all linked with Glasgow Rangers, how realistic these are who knows. Barton just promoted with Burnley, Ings could probably play at a lower EPL club while Kranjcar is on semi-retirement in the NASL and a luxury player even for SPL

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
I'm not sure he is a guaranteed upgrade on Mignolet. He certainly has a higher ceiling, but his track record isn't anything special. I think they did well to get him in for sure, but depending on how the GK market developed, maybe they could have gotten someone like Hart or Navas.

Liverpool want to be top 4, dare I say win the league, caliber annually. If you look at who their rivals have at GK, there is a gulf between Karius/Mignolet and De Gea/Lloris/Cech/Hart (or MATS) and you can throw Schmeichel in there too.

PL is an arms race. You can't bring a knife to a gun fight. No matter how sharp the knife is. To be clear, I like Karius in a vacuum, and think he can be great, but GK is not the position that I wanted to take a chance on.

I don't understand why you wanted Liverpool to spend big money on a keeper (assuming Real or City would have asked for a lot of money for those keepers) but not on Mustafi. I know I've criticized you for this before, but you overrate the importance of the keeper to the defense. I'm also skeptical that Hart is a lot better than Karius.

Burner Account

Feb 14, 2008
Man LFC are getting their business done early. Karius, Zielinski and Matip all done. Grujic will be joining too. Rumored bid in for Gotze.

Karius, while not an outright starter, should be able to settle a bit than other young goalies.

With Zielinski and Grujic coming in, I wonder who makes way in LFC's midfield. Assuming Milner stays out wide (where he's been good), we have Can, Hendo, Lucas and Allen. At least one will leave, but it wouldn't surprise me if we're not done adding to the midfield.

Transformed or rejuvenated as he may be, I'd think Allen would be most likely of those candidates to depart.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad