Transfer: 2016 Summer transfer discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
It's not inaccurate. Herrera did go to Napoli...

Metro and others reported it, not that it matters because they're all trash and pollute the board.

Do you know what cold reading is? Like John Edwards?

Cin

Eurosnob.
Feb 29, 2008
Austin, TX
I don't see any issues in posting any rumors at all. This thread should be a fun environment where we discuss any and all scenarios of player movement.

Trying to moderate 'good' sources is an unwinnable war in football.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Walcott to Liverpool links

Next up, Football Insider suggest Theo Walcott could be on his way, with the club preparing a £25m bid for the Arsenal man.

They believe that fee would be enough to tempt the Gunners into parting with a player who hardly featured last season - gee, you think? - with the report claiming the Reds are ready to offer him a four-year deal.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/spor...erpool-transfer-rumours-kante-linked-11463549

Timeless Winter

SaveD the Crew
Oct 13, 2006
Cleveland, Ohio
This is where soccer makes no sense. If you're Roma, why would you sell Pjanic to a team you're battling with to win the league? So dumb. It's not like Roma really needed that $30 million. I don't understand why teams don't try and build something great, instead they sell their best players to Juventus, Bayern, Madrid, Barcelona, etc.

yoplait

May 4, 2011
This is where soccer makes no sense. If you're Roma, why would you sell Pjanic to a team you're battling with to win the league? So dumb. It's not like Roma really needed that $30 million. I don't understand why teams don't try and build something great, instead they sell their best players to Juventus, Bayern, Madrid, Barcelona, etc.

They triggered his release clause. Pjanic gave up the 20% he was owed from sale as well to facilitate the transfer. You can't stop players a lot of the time when they've made up their mind.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Walcott to Liverpool links

Next up, Football Insider suggest Theo Walcott could be on his way, with the club preparing a £25m bid for the Arsenal man.

They believe that fee would be enough to tempt the Gunners into parting with a player who hardly featured last season - gee, you think? - with the report claiming the Reds are ready to offer him a four-year deal.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/spor...erpool-transfer-rumours-kante-linked-11463549

Who or what is football insider?

Click bait rehashing the annual Walcott to Liverpool rumor I see. It's BS. If you read what you quoted you can see the article is making fun of how BS this rumor is. This is further reinforced in the Tello section.

"And finally, you know it's summer when Cristian Tello is linked with a move to Anfield.

The Barcelona winger has supposedly been joining the club for about 20 years, and Catalan newspaper Sport have kept up the annual tradition, although Fiorentina are also in the mix."

I'm surprised you didn't lead with Daily Star linking Kante to Liverpool. Which is equally BS.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
They triggered his release clause. Pjanic gave up the 20% he was owed from sale as well to facilitate the transfer. You can't stop players a lot of the time when they've made up their mind.

Pjanic actually had the balls to hand in the transfer request too. Which many players won't do because they will lose bonus money.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
I don't see any issues in posting any rumors at all. This thread should be a fun environment where we discuss any and all scenarios of player movement.

Trying to moderate 'good' sources is an unwinnable war in football.

As soon as this hits 1000 posts we can lock this up and we can have two threads for the next phase.

One thread for tabloid fodder where people can discuss their self proclaimed fantasy football.

One thread where people who don't know want to read that can talk about what is closer to reality.

Problem solved.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
No, we're going to have one thread.

Everyone has a scroll wheel and can scroll past people's posts if they don't like what they find in them.

Milos Krasic

Best Serbian Footballer (2009) / Serie A Winner
Jul 1, 2008
Sky have cited Mundo Deportivo saying Barcelona will sign Gabriel Jesus from Palmeiras for €24 million.

Cin

Eurosnob.
Feb 29, 2008
Austin, TX
As soon as this hits 1000 posts we can lock this up and we can have two threads for the next phase.

One thread for tabloid fodder where people can discuss their self proclaimed fantasy football.

One thread where people who don't know want to read that can talk about what is closer to reality.

Problem solved.

We already have a confirmed thread.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Sky have cited Mundo Deportivo saying Barcelona will sign Gabriel Jesus from Palmeiras for €24 million.

Watching the U20 south american championship... I was wondering why teams haven't bought those Brazilian kids yet? There was this kid and a couple of others that I get confused by... Mosquito and Gabriel I think.

24 million is probably too much and I think Correa is the next big think out of SA...but I'm biased.

Edo

The Mightiest Club
Jun 7, 2003
vancouver
wowhockey.com

Pjanic wrote a letter to the chief at Roma saying he wanted to go to Juventus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad