Transfer: 2016 Summer transfer discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Considering the lack of creative talent in the midfield at Juve, He'd get reasonable PT and he can just run with it. I'd rather they go after the like of Isco( who I'm amazed hasn't pushed for a move and teams haven't been really going after him. It's weird).

The fact that Isco signed with Madrid in the first place means he shouldn't surprise you anymore.

Fake Suarez transfer is 3.5 million. Will be completed July 1st. He'll sign a 4 year contract then.

Good signing that they can't really afford not to make. He may struggle to get minutes depending on everyone's fitness, but I see him getting 20-25 starts over the course of the full season. More a player for the future really, but he can definitely help out now.

yoplait

May 4, 2011
Speaking of that Juve midfield, what's their development plan for Andres Tello? Would love to see them sell early on that kid so he could develop in the BuLi.

They don't waste young players on the bench. (Rugani this year was very bizarre for them) But they seem to like giving loans with options to buy, as long as they have buy back option later on.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Agreed

Good decision from Isco since he has already won 2 CL's

Even the biggest Madrid homer, would tell you he's been a let down. Him being excluded out of the euro spot, clearly indicates that. At this point in his career he he should be the catalyst for the NT based on his talent.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Even the biggest Madrid homer, would tell you he's been a let down. Him being excluded out of the euro spot, clearly indicates that. At this point in his career he he should be the catalyst for the NT based on his talent.

Oliver Torres & Isco should team up at BVB when they miss out on Kovacec (or fail to listen to me about Cardona). *nods*

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
I'm curious to see what happens with Hertha this summer. Their finishing will regress, but they can improve the creativity around Darida and generate a lot more chances than they did.

In the dream scenario of Ziyech and Sarenren-Bazee moving to the capital club, that team could be very intriguing: as Darida & Ziyech could really make some magic happen, with 3 of Stark / Lustenberger / Hegeler / Langkamp / Brooks behind them at the 6 and CB spots to maintain that defensive integrity that was paramount to the club's success this season...or if Darida takes on a deeper role in Ziyech's presence, then one of Skjelbred or Cigerci would enter the equation as b2bers. With Weiser / Kalou / Haraguchi / Stocker / Sarenren-Bazee / Kurt on the wings being joined by skilled FBs...Weiser / Mittelstadt / Plattenhart / Pekarik...they'd have some nice pace and skill to support Kalou / Ibicevic / Schieber from the wide areas as well.

That striker group will be their downfall next season regardless of any changes they make behind it, but that midfield could be lovely with Darida & Ziyech pulling the strings; and Dardai did keep them very tidy against the ball...even if they sat deeper than the modern philosophy prefers...so they could still squeeze out a midtable finish despite having the EL to contest with and the regression in their finishing that's sure to come.

**** it I'm in.

Right? If Watzke just ante's up for 1 or 2 guys once the international tourneys are behind us, this summer could be a huge one for BVB despite losing Ilkay & Mats; with the likes of Kovacec, Tielemans, Torres, and Hamez seemingly on the move, and kids like Isco / Gotze having all the reason to move. Bartra, Merino, Rode, Guerreiro, Mor & Dembele is a strong haul thus far, that just needs those last 1 or 2 big moves to set them up for a spectacular season...though another CB probably wouldn't hurt unless Tuchel has figured out what to do with Ginter.

Last edited:

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
Right? If Watzke just ante's up for 1 or 2 guys once the international tourneys are behind us, this summer could be a huge one for BVB despite losing Ilkay & Mats; with the likes of Kovacec, Tielemans, Torres, and Hamez seemingly on the move, and kids like Isco / Gotze having all the reason to move. Bartra, Merino, Rode, Guerreiro, Mor & Dembele is a strong haul thus far, that just needs those last 1 or 2 big moves to set them up for a spectacular season...though another CB probably wouldn't hurt unless Tuchel has figured out what to do with Ginter.

I'd be elated with Kovacic and Toprak as the final additions. Both seem like long shots this summer atm.

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
I still have day dream of Hamez, but Kovacec would certainly be a great solution to the Ilkay departure.

James is going to get a far bigger fee than Kovacic if he were sold though, and I think Kovacic is a bit closer to Gündogan style-wise.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
-Madrid has met with Pogba's agent.

-Telegraph is linking Azpilicueta with Barça as a replacement for Dani. Haven't seen anything on him in the Barça papers so I'm not convinced by this one. Athletic Club was also mentioned and there might be something to that. Anyway, paper said the player isn't in Conte's plans.

Cucumber

The best
Feb 7, 2014
-Madrid has met with Pogba's agent.

-Telegraph is linking Azpilicueta with Barça as a replacement for Dani. Haven't seen anything on him in the Barça papers so I'm not convinced by this one. Athletic Club was also mentioned and there might be something to that. Anyway, paper said the player isn't in Conte's plans.

conte uses 3412 iirc so doesn't surpise me he would ship out azpillcueta.

only thing though is that azpillcueta is a LB and Dani was a RB. Alex Sandro could be another name that barca might target. No rumours on him yet but would make sense. 25years old, tons of pace and Brazilian. Sounds a lot like dani :laugh:

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
Seeing a lot of John Stones to City links on twitter.

Maybe I'm just not a good judge of talent, but I just don't see the mania over Stones. If he was Danish or Bosnian, would he really be getting this kind of press/rumors?
Seems to be massively overrated, no?

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
wouldn't be a summer without this guy being linked to 10 teams

Sky Sports News HQ ‏@SkySportsNewsHQ 3m3 minutes ago
SKY SOURCES: Watford make bid for West Brom forward Saido Berahino #SSNHQ

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Maybe I'm just not a good judge of talent, but I just don't see the mania over Stones. If he was Danish or Bosnian, would he really be getting this kind of press/rumors?
Seems to be massively overrated, no?

I don't get it with Stones either. Everton has been a lousy defensive team and he is part of it. He has tools but makes a lot of mistakes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad