OT: 2016 Rio Summer Olympics

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
Rough night for Elliot Friedman. Just blew a Phelps race. Got the lanes mixed up.

That was brutal! Worst call of all time on his fourth gold in a row in that race, fourth person ever to do it and that was the call lol
He's lucky he wasn't on US feed or that wasn't a Canadian, cmon Elliotte

bustamente

Kinda Optimistic
Jun 29, 2015
Fraud City MB
She's 16 years old and looks like she will have a great career ahead of her. The look she had when she turned around is pure Olympics.

meedle

May 17, 2011
Winnipeg
Her mom better get a PR person or something from all the attention she is going to get when she is back home.

wpgsilver

Jun 14, 2011
Winnipeg
So he should, two awful calls in the two biggest races of the olympics so far.

:dunno:
What else can you do?

I didn't think the Penny call was all that bad. The graphic that he's looking at was far from clear with an OR beside one swimmer, and a 1 beside another.

Either way, I'm over it. Honest mistake, it happens.

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
:dunno:
What else can you do?

I didn't think the Penny call was all that bad. The graphic that he's looking at was far from clear with an OR beside one swimmer, and a 1 beside another.

Either way, I'm over it. Honest mistake, it happens.

Called her Emily overholt three times down the stretch. (She's a different Canadian swimmer) I miss ctv for olympics.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Called her Emily overholt three times down the stretch. (She's a different Canadian swimmer) I miss ctv for olympics.

Yeah he had a rough night. Just watched the replay and they have already cleverly overdubbed his Overhart mistake. I don't think they can fix the Phelps Lochte race though.

Funny maybe he was actually thinking about Trouba negotiations earlier and had that name in his brain ;)

rahzar

Oct 9, 2005
I feel for announcers when they make a mistake/mistakes. Everyone piles on, without really knowing how tough a job it is, myself included.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad