OT: 2016 Rio Summer Olympics

Georgetown Al*

Georgetown Al
Oct 6, 2015
I figure with the opening ceremonies tonight a thread to discuss the Olympics is appropriate.

Ho Hum!

Winter Olympics has Hockey! Well at least I hope so! You never know now tho!

Go Jets Go :jets Go Jets Go

-----Chipman! Let Our Jets Soar!-----

flyingkiwi

Oct 28, 2014
France
US beat our ladies at soccer. Boo.

Predicting medals in rowing, sailing, canoeing, cycling, sevens, and shot put.

Bring it on, Canada.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
A good day for our women's sports teams. Excellent performance in Soccer, Rugby and Basketball.

Edit:

Add the 4 by 100 free style to the list. If they run a similar race could meddle.

Last edited:

CaptainChef

Jan 5, 2014
Bedroom Jetsville
Like to watch cycling but boy were the commentators on that terrible. I think they mentioned the Canadians in the race once & that was when all 3 were near the front of the pack. Pretty bad when you have to switch over to the US networks to get decent commentating.

EastRiver

Jul 1, 2012
Canada
Like to watch cycling but boy were the commentators on that terrible. I think they mentioned the Canadians in the race once & that was when all 3 were near the front of the pack. Pretty bad when you have to switch over to the US networks to get decent commentating.

I agree. Went to Sportsnet to watch it, then switched to NBC and noticed the commentators were better and not homers. But I guess there were no Americans in the race.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Have not started watching the Olys yet.

CaptainChef

Jan 5, 2014
Bedroom Jetsville
Wow, that cycling crash was nuts.

That was a wild finish. Nederlands cyclist home free for the gold going down the mtn and she wipes out seriously bad. American looks like she's home free but gets caught by 3 cyclists on the home stretch. A different Nederlands cyclist wins it in a sprint to the finish

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg

That was a wild finish. Nederlands cyclist home free for the gold going down the mtn and she wipes out seriously bad. American looks like she's home free but gets caught by 3 cyclists on the home stretch. A different Nederlands cyclist wins it in a sprint to the finish

Both men's and women's race shows how much drafting makes a difference, group riding sure helps and paid off both days. Yesterday tho the polish rider only became lone cause two guys crashed in lead pack.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad