OT: 2016 Rio Summer Olympics

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Ok wait......when did they do away with head gear in ametur boxing and why?

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Yeah me neither. Even the coverage has been poor. TSN barely has anything on their website. I love the olmypics myself, even sports I don't care for.

But to be honest I do prefer the second week when it's track. I like the track stuff better than swimming. Of course women's volleyball is my favourite summer olympic spot :naughty:

I like following events with Canadians in them but I'm having a hard as heck time finding out what those events are and when they are on. Incredibly hard to find this out on either the TSN or CBC site.

LadyJet26

LETS GO BLUE!!!!!
Sep 6, 2004
Winnipeg, MB
Yeah me neither. Even the coverage has been poor. TSN barely has anything on their website. I love the olmypics myself, even sports I don't care for.

But to be honest I do prefer the second week when it's track. I like the track stuff better than swimming. Of course women's volleyball is my favourite summer olympic spot :naughty:

Mens swimming is mine. :popcorn:

ps241

Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Wow Canada what a comeback in the first set vs Brazil in Men's volleyball.

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
As a Finn, these olympics are a total catastrophe. Not only does our team suck as a whole (our athletes have literally been beaten left right and center), but on top of that most of the events start after midnight, so I'm not able to follow the olympics as closely as I usually do. But at least the events I've seen so far have been entertaining.

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
Another medal for the Canadian women swimmers. Crazy, when did Canada become ok at swimming? Usually Canada never gets medals the first week when it's swimming.

Evil Little

Jan 22, 2014
Apparently Brooke Henderson looks like the favourite for women's golf. Nestor and Pospisil looking good for doubles as well.

Henderson is certainly a medal favourite, but golf is a difficult sport to predict. Anyone can win any given week.

Nestor and Pospisil are going to be in tough against Spain--depending on Nadal's health--but they'd need to lose out not to medal.

(****ing) Friedge also pointed out that the women swimmers have a really good shot in the team medley, given how much hardware (and/or qualifying times) those swimmers have got in those individual races.

ps241

Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
A buddy of mine made this point and I could've agree more:

I love women's soccer - no diving, no *****ing, just heart, passion and respect for the referee. C'mon girls!!

irunthepeg

Board man gets paid
May 20, 2010
The Peg, Canada
Watching the women's soccer team has always been awesome. Really cool seeing young Penny Oleksiak make a name for herself too.

Even though it's the Americans, love seeing Lochte/Phelps go out there and swim too.

Was glad to see that Lilly King beat the Russian girl the other night too.

mcpw

WPG
Jan 13, 2015
And in the only meaningful sport event at Summer Olympics, we beat Fidji 10-0 :naughty:

*runs away quickly*

that's like saying the Ivan Hlinka is the only meaningful sports event in Europe in August...

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
That dude santo has a great attitude in the pool, his interview last night after getting fourth was the best I've seen, kid is positive an easy going, hope he medals tonight

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad