OT: 2016 Rio Summer Olympics

flyingkiwi

Oct 28, 2014
France
One things for sure, the women can't kick very well after those tries :laugh:

Yeah they're not as polished. But the place they kick from is determined by where the try is scored so if they get it in the corner you're pretty much guaranteed an awful angle.

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
Yeah they're not as polished. But the place they kick from is determined by where the try is scored so if they get it in the corner you're pretty much guaranteed an awful angle.

I know I played rugby ;) some Canadians know the rules :nod:
In fact even played some Aussie rules when I was down there.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Penny Oleksiak with a silver in the the 100M butterfly. Shes having a phenomenal games so far.

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
That was a stellar performance! What power from such a young kid, exciting stuff.

Oleksiak's finish was ridiculous - she powered right to the wall. I think Volmer was ahead of her and glided a bit early and ended up in 3rd. And wow, was Sjostrom fast...

Penny's the 16 year old sister of Dallas Stars D Jamie...

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
So I watched 15 minutes of men's volleyball last night and I was blown away by the skill level.

Howard Chuck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Winnipeg
So I watched 15 minutes of men's volleyball last night and I was blown away by the skill level.

I've become quite a fan after watching my daughter for the past few years. I just caught the last half of the match set of that game. I was all alone in the house cheering loudly for the Canadians lol. That was such a display of talent and sheer will, but they have a lot of powerhouse teams yet to face. Looking forward to watching more.

JetsWillFly4Ever

May 21, 2011
Winnipeg MB.
Watching Ron MacLean interview Penny Oleksiak, you can really appreciate how young she is.

It is crazy how some of the top athletes in the world are so young... I was smoking weed and getting hammered and she's winning olympic medals. Crazy.

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
Big day today for Genie and the rugby 7s. I really think we'll win a few in rowing and kayaking, pairs looked good this morning.

Hammer Slammer

Mar 26, 2010
Winnipeg
Big day today for Genie and the rugby 7s. I really think we'll win a few in rowing and kayaking, pairs looked good this morning.

My mind is fried from work today so I went about a minute thinking Genie was part of the rugby 7's team and I was like "wow a tennis/rugby dual athlete that's so cool"

:shakehead:shakehead:shakehead

I need a nap

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
Nice work Canada!

This final is intense!

Great final, congrats on the silver. I know it's tough for nz to lose to the Aussies but that was s good game. I will admit I cheer for Aussie most of the time, sorry. Loved that country, in fairness I never made it to nz in my year of travel, cause I ran outta money, but I have never heard one bad thing from any traveller that has been there.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Great final, congrats on the silver. I know it's tough for nz to lose to the Aussies but that was s good game. I will admit I cheer for Aussie most of the time, sorry. Loved that country, in fairness I never made it to nz in my year of travel, cause I ran outta money, but I have never heard one bad thing from any traveller that has been there.

NZ is Magic!! Stunning beauty and amazing people.

MardyBum

Jul 4, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
I've become quite a fan after watching my daughter for the past few years. I just caught the last half of the match set of that game. I was all alone in the house cheering loudly for the Canadians lol. That was such a display of talent and sheer will, but they have a lot of powerhouse teams yet to face. Looking forward to watching more.

Hah, I became a fan after reading a manga. Used to just pass over it entirely unless we had a chance at a medal.

Was just watching the American vs Netherlands earlier. Some ridiculous skill on display.

flyingkiwi

Oct 28, 2014
France

Disappointing loss but Aussie deserved the win. Better team on the day.

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
It seems like few people are into the games as I am. Nice bronze in diving today, a big vb match on tonight plus some swimming drama. Can't wait. Phelps vs de clos

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
It seems like few people are into the games as I am. Nice bronze in diving today, a big vb match on tonight plus some swimming drama. Can't wait. Phelps vs de clos

Yeah me neither. Even the coverage has been poor. TSN barely has anything on their website. I love the olmypics myself, even sports I don't care for.

But to be honest I do prefer the second week when it's track. I like the track stuff better than swimming. Of course women's volleyball is my favourite summer olympic spot :naughty:

Ad

Upcoming events

• Great Britain vs Finland
    Great Britain vs Finland
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $400.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Kazakhstan vs Slovakia
    Kazakhstan vs Slovakia
    Event closes
    • Updated: