OT: 2016 Rio Summer Olympics

pucka lucka

Apr 7, 2010
Ottawa
So in the Hammer throw today a Polish woman threw 82.29. So far in the 2016 the longest a man has thrown 81.87. The men's olympic record is 84.80, world record 86.74. That's stunning. The silver medalist threw 76.75. That 82.29 would have won gold in the 2012 Olympics...among the men.

The women's hammer weighs slightly more than half of the men's.

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
Oh yeah. Finland secured its first medal. Goddamn, was I in shock when I saw the match. Mira Potkonen won both the bronze medalist from London and the reigning world champion in her first two boxing matches. An underdog and a half...

...please, let her make it three.

jungles

Sponsor
Jun 8, 2011
I don't normally watch basketball, so maybe this is normal, but man was the shooting by Canada awful today. I mean, isn't "layup" often used to describe things that are relatively easy?

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
Nice GOLD by Drouin!

But man are the crowds dismal! Can't they put some of the poor kids of Rio in those seats!:shakehead

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
Degrasse bolt bromance continues and it's hilarious. 1-2 in the semis, bolt was cruising so degrasse decided to put a little heat on and they both smile at each other at finish line, best part, Gatlin looked like he let up a touch in his heat and didn't make the final!

AnonoJet

Jul 22, 2013
Is there a more universally liked athlete then Bolt? The guy is something else, and the situation with DeGrasse is pretty special to watch.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Is there a more universally liked athlete then Bolt? The guy is something else, and the situation with DeGrasse is pretty special to watch.

I never really paid attention to Bolt until these games but yeah he truly is an iconic person and tremendous ambassador.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Man you didn't see the hype in 2008 or even 2012? :amazed: You missed out haha. He's a great ambassador, for sure.

And I'm glad Gatlin is out :yo:

Oh I knew who he was and what he accomplished but seeing as there was no Canadian who was in the running at the time I just never bothered to follow track all that closely.

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
Nothing like making up a story lochte. Crazy reports that the four swimmers lied to cover up a fight with security at a gas station, of course lochte is back home but other three swimmers weren't so lucky. Story seemed fishy the minute mr hero said that they had guns and told him to get on ground and he said no, like really how many people would say no there. Throw the book at lochte if he lied about gun to his head.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Nothing like making up a story lochte. Crazy reports that the four swimmers lied to cover up a fight with security at a gas station, of course lochte is back home but other three swimmers weren't so lucky. Story seemed fishy the minute mr hero said that they had guns and told him to get on ground and he said no, like really how many people would say no there. Throw the book at lochte if he lied about gun to his head.

I just hope they don't arrest Phelps by mistake.

sully1410

#EggosForEleven
Dec 28, 2011
Calgary, Alta.

I told you he made it up. One day, you guys will figure out that I am right about all this ****.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad