2016 NHL Entry Draft, part two

Status
Not open for further replies.

tony d

Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
For me my order is this in terms of BPA:

Matthews, Laine, Puljujarvi, Dublois, Chychrun, Nylander, Tkachuk, Juolevi, Brown, Keller, Jost.

Still leaves us with some good options both at forward and defense.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
For me my order is this in terms of BPA:

Matthews, Laine, Puljujarvi, Dublois, Chychrun, Nylander, Tkachuk, Juolevi, Brown, Keller, Jost.

Still leaves us with some good options both at forward and defense.

Agree with most aside from Chychrun for me. I don't even want him at 12 personally, I'd rather Fabbro/Sergachev/Juolevi/Bean in terms of D. Then guys like Mcavoy/Cholowski are right there for me.

I think I'm just very low on Chychrun

SPF6ty9

Feb 22, 2016
Caca Poopoo Peepee Shire
Agree with most aside from Chychrun for me. I don't even want him at 12 personally, I'd rather Fabbro/Sergachev/Juolevi/Bean in terms of D. Then guys like Mcavoy/Cholowski are right there for me.

I think I'm just very low on Chychrun

I'm with you there. Just getting a bad vibe from him. I'm sure he'll be a regular NHLer, but just feel like he has a really low ceiling and you're not going to get much more than a bottom pairing or low quality top 4 from him...I don't think I'd be disappointed if we took him, but there are players I like better.

SixthSens

RIP Fugu
Dec 5, 2007
Took Logan Brown and Evan Fitzpatrick with the Sens picks in the 2016 Moderator Mock Draft.

Full results should be available in a couple of days.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
So of the guys that are more realistic chances for the Sens to land at 12 are there any that we do not want?

So any of: Brown, Nylander, Juolevi, Chychrun, Sergachev, Fabbro, Jost, Keller, McLeod and Bellows?

(I removed Tkachuk and Dubois because I think they will be gone by pick 6)

McLeod is the one the sticks out to me. I don't think he's even a top 20 talent in this draft.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
McLeod is the one the sticks out to me. I don't think he's even a top 20 talent in this draft.

Why?

Not saying this is you, but I have noticed a sharp turnaround on HF in how McLeod is thought of after the U18 tournament. It's as almost if no one watched him play in Mississauga and are basing their opinion on McLeod solely on a 7 game tournament.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
chychrun going full kylington.

I have a hard time believing he'll slip too far. He's a fantastic skater, has size, a bomb of a shot, good puck skills. He's got good hockey sense, plays a 2 way game.

I figure he could project similar to Bouwmeester with potential to be more.

I'd be good with him, though I'm pretty indecisive, so ask me again later and I'd probably pass. Whoever lands him will likely be thrilled.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
Why?

Not saying this is you, but I have noticed a sharp turnaround on HF in how McLeod is thought of after the U18 tournament. It's as almost if no one watched him play in Mississauga and are basing their opinion on McLeod solely on a 7 game tournament.

Well in Missasauga, his numbers were a bit of a red flag and most people were saying he was just snake bitten or unlucky. Seeing him in another setting I can't help but think it has more to do with him not having a mind for the offensive game and not having the ability to finish. Guys like Jost, Bellows and Keller were so far ahead of him in North Dakota. Even Mason Shaw looked miles ahead.

I don't expect McLeod to be anything more than a 3rd line center on his current trajectory. I've said it before but I fully expect Max Jones to go ahead of McLeod at this point. I like Adam Fox, Sam Girard, and even Gauthier over him based on my viewings and I think a good case can be made for guys like Kunin and Tufte among others.

SixthSens

RIP Fugu
Dec 5, 2007
Really wish we could pick up another late 1st/early 2nd.

If we could walk out of the draft with a forward (Jost/Keller/Brown/Bellows), a defenseman (Cholowski/Johansen/Hajek) and a goaltender (Fitzpatrick/Gustavsson/Hart), we'd be in good shape.

Keep the talent coming in all positions.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast

If we could walk out of the draft with a forward (Jost/Keller/Brown/Bellows), a defenseman (Cholowski/Johansen/Hajek) and a goaltender (Fitzpatrick/Gustavsson/Hart), we'd be in good shape.

I'm big fans of all 3 of the D you have listed (only one I've actually gotten a viewing of is Cholowski though)

If we could get one of those guys somehow while still picking at 12 I would be a very happy camper.

HoffStoneKarl*

Do you guys think Chabot will be better then the Dmen from this draft? I've only watched Juolevi during the memorial cup and found he didn't really standout for such a highly rated prospect

edguy

Feb 5, 2014
Charlottetown, PEI
Do you guys think Chabot will be better then the Dmen from this draft? I've only watched Juolevi during the memorial cup and found he didn't really standout for such a highly rated prospect

id say he's a better prospect then most in this draft. the only one who may be better is Chychrun IMO

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
id say he's a better prospect then most in this draft. the only one who may be better is Chychrun IMO

Again, I'm low on Chychrun, and very high on Chabot.

I think Chabot is in the same tier as the Juolevi/Sergachev/Fabbro, whom are the best D in my opinion.

Clarke

Aug 21, 2008
Toronto

I'm for sure in the minority but i really, really want Hart with our second. Not getting my hopes up for two reasons.. Size and our pipeline is full of talented albeit maybe no true #1 potential guys.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Again, I'm low on Chychrun, and very high on Chabot.

I think Chabot is in the same tier as the Juolevi/Sergachev/Fabbro, whom are the best D in my opinion.

Just out of curiosity, what about Chychrun has you low on him?

I've watched precious little of him, so all I really have is write-ups which leave much to be desired, but from what I've read he pretty much has everything you could desire in a Dman, just nothing at that elite level. The only real red flag I've seen is a shoulder issue that may re-occur, and a bit of a disappointing showing in exhibition games resulting in him being cut from the WJC team.

Idk, I don't see any real big red flags, but I'm open to opinions, I just feel like people are down on him because other guys have passed him, but that seems to be, at least to me, a case of other guys developing better than expected rather than him being particularly disappointing.

Edit: and this is coming from someone who isn't super high on him in general, just more surprised how opinions seem to have soured.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Just out of curiosity, what about Chychrun has you low on him?

I've watched precious little of him, so all I really have is write-ups which leave much to be desired, but from what I've read he pretty much has everything you could desire in a Dman, just nothing at that elite level. The only real red flag I've seen is a shoulder issue that may re-occur, and a bit of a disappointing showing in exhibition games resulting in him being cut from the WJC team.

Idk, I don't see any real big red flags, but I'm open to opinions, I just feel like people are down on him because other guys have passed him, but that seems to be, at least to me, a case of other guys developing better than expected rather than him being particularly disappointing.

Edit: and this is coming from someone who isn't super high on him in general, just more surprised how opinions seem to have soured.

Maybe it's not that I'm "super low on him", but I think that the 3 D mentioned above have a much better hockey IQ than Chychrun. That is my highest quality in a player, especially D.

If I'm picking a D in the first round, I want them to be extremely smart (not saying Chychrun isn't I may be way off on him).

I may be biased with Fabbro, but I think he is the smartest D in the draft. Then after watching a small amount of Juolevi and Sergachev (Mem Cup and a few televised OHL games), I feel that they have better skillsets, and a better toolbox to apply them.

Real Smart Sens Fan

Jun 14, 2014
I have a strange feeling that we're going to pick Bleakley with the Isles 3rd if he's still available. He had a good Mem Cup and we love our overagers.

Last edited:

Shanny

Let's Win It All
Jun 12, 2009
Bytown
I have a strange feeling that we're going to pick Bleakley with one of our 3rds if he's still available. He had a good Mem Cup and we love our overagers.

I'm really hoping we can grab Dante Salituro with the Isles 3rd rounder. Could be a steal this draft.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
I'm really hoping we can grab Dante Salituro with the Isles 3rd rounder. Could be a steal this draft.

You really think he'd go in the third after not being selected last year? If teams didn't like him enough last year, what did he do differently in your eyes to get selected in the top 90. I like him, but I don't think he really improved much this year from last. I'd wait till the 6th or 7th and look at him.

Shanny

Let's Win It All
Jun 12, 2009
Bytown
You really think he'd go in the third after not being selected last year? If teams didn't like him enough last year, what did he do differently in your eyes to get selected in the top 90. I like him, but I don't think he really improved much this year from last. I'd wait till the 6th or 7th and look at him.

He played the best hockey I've seen him play as a 67 (after Konecny left in December for the WJC and Sarnia). He put the team on his back and thrived as the go to guy this year.

Ouroboros

There is no armour against Fate
Feb 3, 2008
I have a strange feeling that we're going to pick Bleakley with the Isles 3rd if he's still available. He had a good Mem Cup and we love our overagers.

I doubt he'll be drafted at all. If you're looking specifically for an overager there are plenty of better ones than Bleackley.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad