2016 NHL Entry Draft, part two

Status
Not open for further replies.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
People are severely underrating McLeod here, without ever seeing him. Literally his only weakness is his shot. I watched a ton of Trout games this year, because I've thought for a while McLeod could be our guy.

He's an excellent passer, and very good playmaker. (Not sure why people are knocking his play making abilities) and has game breaking ability. Soft hands and a strong wrist shot and release, and it will improve as he gets more muscle. A big playmaking centre who can take a game over with his dominant speed. Will need to fill out, but looks like a top prospect.

He doesn't have a great shot, and is a little bit narrow sighted when he thinks he can break in, but he is great at pretty much everything else. It's not like the guy has hands of stone, he's very good on the breakaway.

These are the three quotes I liked the most from what I have read from scouts as you have about McLeod & definitely something Ottawa could use. BTW what would be wrong with having 3 or 4 second line centres in Ottawa as someone above has said? Wouldn't that benefit the team & create better lines? Doesn't Team Canada have a lot of centres on it?

This first quote is my favourite.

The Draft Analyst:
There’s no quit in McLeod; something many of his peers are clearly lacking.

The Hockey Writers:
In the long run, McLeod projects to be a number one or two center in the NHL, drawing comparisons to Taylor Hall for his skating, and Nicklas Backstrom for his vision and overall abilities.

Draftsite.com:
A big playmaking centre who can take a game over with his dominant speed. Will need to fill out, but looks like a top prospect.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
It's not just not liking McLeod, it's that others are better. It has a lot more to do with his peers than his own middling performances. Dunno how he could go ahead of guys like Fabbro, Bean or Bellows whom have performed at a higher level and project better. He's just not the 12th best player in this draft.

I see the guy and I think, this guy is a worse version of Chris Lazar sure, he's bigger but he brings a similar style of game, but Lazar could finish in junior. He has a far superior shot. What do you think a Lazar with worse shooting will look like in the NHL?

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
I think it was the Mckeens guy who said that mcleod had a motor as good as anyone he's seen in a long while, but is also able to keep it running longer than most.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad