NFL: 2016 NFL Season News & Notes Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Yup, pretty much, though I'll add that the punishment never fit the crime. Should have been a max of some silly fine.

Patriots are good, we can give them bigger and unmerited punishments because of it.

:laugh:

I definitely agree the punishment was ridiculous. I admittedly will always have an anit-Patriots bias because of spygate and being engaged to a Patriots fan, so if it came of like that, it's because I have to look at a stupid Tom Brady stuffed doll every morning lol.

The NFL has been a joke this entire time and should've just moved on when it happened. The fact that it drug out so long is probably one of the most ridiculous things that I've witnessed in sports.

I'm just saying the Patriots fans should get over it and move on.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Probably worse than the likes of Jeff Garcia signing with Cleveland.

I'd say Scott Mitchell too since a lot of people like to crap on him, but his numbers were actually ok for a couple seasons.

There's a reason why QB's don't hit the market often and when they do, they blow.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Patriots are good, we can give them bigger and unmerited punishments because of it.

:laugh:

Pretty much.

And it's Sad logic really.

It's a parity tax, it is what it is. Too good for too long and stomped too many hearts into the ground. What can you do? It's not like they are gonna go be bad at football

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
O'Donnell had a few ok game manager years in NY and Cincy though didn't he?

Probably around Kordell Stewart signing with Bears and not Plummer level of failure here

Bears didn't pay Stewart a ton of money (2 yrs / 5M) ,,, But they did pay Stewart and name him #1 QB upon signing him shortly after they rebuffed Jake Plummer and his agent who in visit to Chicago were set to sign with Bears

It was foolish move then and it was foolish move in hindsight

Bears opted for 3 year older and less talented QB who had lost his #1 job several times in Pittsburgh instead of QB that appeared set to sign in Chicago just because they were cheap SOB's

Plummer for all his flaws was 100x the QB Kordell Stewart was ,, It was roundly mocked in Chicago and around NFL circles and for good reason

Bears then compounded mistake by selecting QB Rex Grossman in 1st round of NFL Draft as QB of future to develop behind Stewart

If Bears sign Plummer they never waste 1st round pick on Rex ####### Grossman

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Four London games next year

Panthers one of the few teams to still never play over there. Lots of sighs of relief as nobody on the beat believes they want to give up a home game.

Eagles haven't made the trip either.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I loved Jake Plummer. No idea why.

I thought Osweiler was gonna potentially be able to turn himself into a competent starter. I was wrong and I knew I was wrong when I saw him live in week 3. He hit some tough throws in that game on timing patterns to Nuke but for the most part he just looked lost and unable to process what he was seeing. Throws were off. No flow to the offense. It got ugly.

Street Hawk

Feb 18, 2003
Visit site
For inexplicable reasons other than stat padding and fantasy playoffs, A.J. Green is returning on Saturday.

Why is that an issue for you?

He's coming off a hamstring injury. If he is healthy then why not play? AP is coming off knee surgery and his contract situation has language that pays him should he get injured, so that situation would make sense for him to sit.

As for kuechly, he is coming off a concussion and for a guy who plays 98% of the defensive snaps, it probably is best to sit him given the Playoffs are not realistic since they require a Washington tie.

No contract issue, no long term injury concern, so if he can play he should. Doesn't mean that he needs to be in there for 90% of the snaps. Can leave him in for 1/3 or whatever.

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
When AP returned, the Vikes still had probably a 20% chance at the playoffs. He might be done in Minnesota after this year regardless.

The Bengals are done. Green is a key part of their future. Him playing 2 meaningless games makes little sense to me.

Street Hawk

Feb 18, 2003
Visit site
Green probably has money to play for.

He's well under 100 yards away from a another 1,000 yard season. That likely plays a factor.

Again, it was a hamstring injury. He didn't tear it, but I don't expect him to receive as many snaps as normal. Let him get his 1,000 yards and use him for maybe 15-20 plays.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
I wouldn't want my star players, who are coming off injury, playing in meaningless games. Maybe there's less of a concern with someone like Green compared to Kuechly but I think they should still keep him out. There's nothing to gain from it.

No Peterson for the Vikings this week so his return lasted 6 carries. He previously said he'd come back for a playoff run but is unsure if the team isn't going to make the playoffs. Well, he came back and they lost and now he's out again. I don't think there's going to be a happy ending to his Vikings career. Last week's game might have been his last.

Big Poppa Puck

HF's Villain
Dec 8, 2009
D-Boss' Dungeon
A win and a Tampa loss and they're still technically alive for next week. So he could have one game left.

If they lose or TB wins, then he's for sure played his lost game in a Vikings uniform.

I thought he'd be gone after the drama of 2014 too, but he's not getting 20m next year coming off an injury about to turn 33.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad