NFL: 2016 NFL Season News & Notes Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
How does that exactly work? Is there some over/under on their fantasy points?

What do you mean? How does DK work?

You're given $50k to build a team of 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex, and 1 DEF. That's an average of about $5.55k per player, but the better guys like Bell ($9k) or David Johnson ($9.8k) are very expensive (depending on the week -- it changes), so you have to cut corners somewhere and get guys to way outkick their coverage. Ladarius Green last week was $2.8k and pulled in 26 points, which was almost as much as Bell for somewhere north of $8.5k.

Petty ($5k) and Anderson ($3k) allow you to draft more top tier players, but they only make sense if they pan out themselves. Since a typical tournament on DK will have somewhere between 200-250 points for the top of the prize pool, you want to try to get players who can hit 5 times their value in points. Since Anderson and Petty are so cheap, they don't have to do much to reach that target. And if they don't, other players can make up the difference.

To give you an idea of how it works in action, here's my top scoring lineup from last week:

Goff (8.34 points)
Howard (32.7)
DJ (38.5)
Julio (21.5)
Mitchell (16.2)
Quick (9.8)
Green (26)
Gordon (23.8)
Packers (8)

Total: 184.64 points for a 1974/431,372 finish and 10x buy in.

Obviously I missed on a few guys like Goff instead of Flacco, but you get the idea.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
i think people generally underrate doug baldwin but damn, i may have been quilty of that myself.

he's open a lot. A LOT. like all the time. i don't think his receiving numbers tell the whole story on how good he is (i think top 5 receiver in the game).

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
Hilton isn't a slot receiver. Jordan Reed is used like one.

Jordan Reed
Doug Baldwin
Julian Edelman
Larry Fitzgerald

are probably the best slot receivers.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
I don't think the org deciding to keep one of their few playmakers on offense means they're gonna keep Baalke

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
Four London games next year

Panthers one of the few teams to still never play over there. Lots of sighs of relief as nobody on the beat believes they want to give up a home game.

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
Miami has had a terrible following since they've sucked for so long (even more than most teams), so NO makes some sense. The Jets game didn't. Those always draw even if it's mostly NY fans.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Not a fan of the London games but at least the Vikings aren't giving up a home game and they get to play the Browns.

Say Hey Kid

War, children, it's just a shot away
Dec 10, 2007
ATL
On Dec. 4, the New York Giants got ahold of a couple of Pittsburgh Steeler footballs and decided to see if they were below the NFL pregame inflation minimum of 12.5 pounds per square inch. “The PSIs were a little low,†Giants coach Ben McAdoo said. According to the ProFootballTalk, the balls came in at 11.8 and 11.4 psi. The Giants told the league, although not via a “formal complaint,†whatever that is. The NFL isn’t saying much, but it apparently checked to see if the referees had maintained control of the balls and dismissed the situation quickly. Why? Because by time the Giants obtained and presumably checked the balls on the sideline, the temperature in Pittsburgh was between 41.0 and 41.2 degrees, according to Weather Underground’s historical data. Footballs lose air pressure in cold weather. The numbers were explained away by science, not cheating. This was nothing. Nothing happened, nothing at all. “All footballs were in compliance,†the NFL stated after Fox’s Jay Glazer reported on the incident. The situation was properly handled. Good job, NFL.
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/roger-goodell-owes-tom-brady-an-apology-183157757.html

Roger Goodell owes Tom Brady an apology

Patrice37

Jul 19, 2006
Nobody still ****ing cares.

Actually a lot of people still ****ing care. Just because you don't does not mean nobody else does. The league spent $10+ million on a witch hunt, fined the Patriots organization money and draft picks and suspended arguably the greatest player of all time for a quarter of the season over something that never happened.

I seriously hope something similar happens to the Panthers, then we'll see just how many people don't actually care.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Actually a lot of people still ****ing care. Just because you don't does not mean nobody else does. The league spent $10+ million on a witch hunt, fined the Patriots organization money and draft picks and suspended arguably the greatest player of all time for a quarter of the season over something that never happened.

I seriously hope something similar happens to the Panthers, then we'll see just how many people don't actually care.

The only people that care are Patriots fans. I think it's karma for spygate, but whatever. You won the superbowl, move on. He likely broke the rules and the punishment really didn't negatively impact you guys at all.

Every fan outside of the Patriots just doesn't care about it anymore. I think we can all agree that Goodell fails and the NFL's discipline on everything is hilariously inconsistent.

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina

Oh? Is that why this is all over the media and discussion places like this then?

The only people that care are Patriots fans. I think it's karma for spygate, but whatever. You won the superbowl, move on. He likely broke the rules and the punishment really didn't negatively impact you guys at all.

Every fan outside of the Patriots just doesn't care about it anymore. I think we can all agree that Goodell fails and the NFL's discipline on everything is hilariously inconsistent.

Yup, pretty much, though I'll add that the punishment never fit the crime. Should have been a max of some silly fine.

Smash88

Mar 15, 2012
Ottawa

Patriots are good, we can give them bigger and unmerited punishments because of it.

:laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad