NFL: 2016 NFL Season News & Notes Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
You sure? This says he has a dead cap hit of his full $7m salary if he's cut next year. I think they'd be foolish to cut him without a backup plan, though, and Sims/Rodgers/whoever isn't that.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
First three years in the NFL

Gronkowski
187 catches 2663 yards 38 td's

Kelce
223 catches 2854 yards 14 td's

...holy crap, just noticed that Gronk and Kelce are the same age!

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Attention BWC: Hackenberg starts for the Jets in week 17.

Smart decision ,, Teams with nothing to play for should give young backups a look

I would like to see David Fales start for Bears but John Fox has said he has no plans to play Fales who is just another in long line of wasted draft picks on QB's who never got a look in Chicago (Even when Cutler was injured and other QB's sucked)

I don't understand why EJ Manuel is playing though ,, He has no future as #1 in NFL IMO and never looked it when he played

Play Jones

Last edited:

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
The Jets have apparently changed their mind and will start Ryan Fitzpatrick sunday.

Rich Cimini @RichCimini
Ryan Fitzpatrick will start Sunday, per Todd Bowles. Fan base groans; it wants to see Christian Hackenberg.

Like...why? Hack might suck, but you know Fitz sucks.

Oct 18, 2011
The Jets have apparently changed their mind and will start Ryan Fitzpatrick sunday.

Rich Cimini @RichCimini
Ryan Fitzpatrick will start Sunday, per Todd Bowles. Fan base groans; it wants to see Christian Hackenberg.

What a stupid organization. Find out what you have you fools.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I think there is a clear reason they aren't playing him and its probably that he's bad to the point where they don't want to ruin his confidence by throwing him into the fire unready.

I always thought it was a hilariously bad pick- I honestly would not have drafted him. He is wildly innacurate. Rick ankiel-like at times. But I can see why they would want to handle him with kid gloves after burning a 2nd on him. Besides you don't want him to go out there and **** all over himself. That helps nobody. Because I can tell you what- with bilal Powell looking like the only functioning human on that offense there isn't much of a chance for him to do anything other than **** all over himself. The jets don't really see what he has when he has a trash game- I mean they do in that they will see that he is bad at football, but it's not like he won't be around next year. They just burned a 2nd on him and next year will be the true time to "see what he's got" (I predict nothing). The supporting cast right now is ****- it's setting him up for catastrophic failure and this jets team has completely given up. He doesn't need any extra help looking bad.

I get why jets fans want a look at him- it offers them something different from the crap they deal with week in and week out. All id say to that is be careful what you wish for. I don't see the point in feeding hackenburg to the wolves in a meaningless game the rest of his teammates have more or less given up on

DoyleG

Reality sucks, Princesses!
Dec 29, 2008
YEG-->YYJ-->YWG-->YYB

Rich Cimini @RichCimini

So, over/under on Fitzceptions for Sunday?

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
The hilariously dumb "The team needs to get a look at him take". They gave him an entire preseason game against bums. Went 14/34 for less than 100 yards. Quarterback progression is something that will happen naturally or not at all.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
I think it's more the fact the Jets fans have deluded themselves into thinking he's something.

When the team doesn't want to even put the second round QB project in pads for a meaningless regular season finale against a team in disarray, it probably says something.

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
The hilariously dumb "The team needs to get a look at him take". They gave him an entire preseason game against bums. Went 14/34 for less than 100 yards. Quarterback progression is something that will happen naturally or not at all.

I was going to post something along these lines last night but then I didn't. I mean, we're getting a look at Goff. What's it telling us? He's not ready. Even Jeff Fisher knew that but finally gave into the media pressure. I would guess Bowles knows Hackenberg isn't ready and throwing him into the fire won't change anything.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Why should Fitz start the Jets final game? His on field performance should be enough that he never see's field again in Jets uniform

Hackenberg or playing with a RB in Fitz place are better options

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
The Jets have completely quit. Did you see what happened to Petty against Miami? There's no reason to throw Hackenberg out there and have him take similar shots.

That's putting aside the fact that he might be Jared Goff unprepared and worse than Fitzpatrick.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
Bowles and the players are playing for jobs, be it in NY or elsewhere. Hackenberg is terrible and shouldn't just get the start because he's unknown. If he isn't ready, throwing him out there would be a mistake. At least Fitzpatrick can play nfl quality qb (at times).

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Entering a rehab program too so whatever it is, it's probably somewhat serious.

Hopefully he gets the help he needs. He's a hell of a player when his head is on properly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad