NFL: 2016 NFL Season News & Notes Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

snowden

Man is matter
Jul 5, 2011
Was baffled by his benching last week. This makes sense. Was wondering if Koetter was favoring Jacquizz because of the Falcons connection but seems there was a darker reason. Martin can be great if healthy.

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina

That flight is only like 90 minutes long, but it's not like he was going around the corner, either. This is the Cam that I keep defending. He does stuff like this A LOT and never seeks media attention for it. This is why I get so ****ing frustrated when people hate him because he likes to have fun on the field, or he gets upset after losses. It is "inexcusable" to walk out on reporters without giving meaningless quotes that no actual sports fan cares about? Get the **** out of here.

I keep saying over and over about how I, too, bought into the narrative. Search my post history for "$cam". It's okay to change your opinion of someone if it's warranted. Cam has been nothing but an upstanding individual since he's been in Charlotte.

To use this as a jumping off point

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...teammates-irked-wr-brandon-marshall-half-rant

Jets locker room is a mess

Wonder if this Marshall speech was similar to his meltdown in Chicago after Dolphins game which helped to begin process of his departure from Chicago

In Chicago the Marshall rally speeches usually involved telling everyone else what they did wrong which didn't sit well after that Dolphins game that lead to full on meltdown/fracture of locker room

Last edited:

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
There's a reason that extremely talented cancers like Marshall seem to always wind up on bad teams after their previous team got rid of them.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
I'd be pissed if my teammates quit too

Would you be pissed if the WR who lobbied for the abomination at QB and has played poorly all year (With several big drops) and wasn't doing anything in game was calling you out?

I also have seen people call out Marshall's effort when Fitz was benched and people have constantly said his TV show and its importance to him was a distraction among some teammates as well

Marshall's big thing in his tirades in Chicago was to call out his teammates and try to call that leadership

Marshall's production over last 10 games

Vs Ari
3 Rec for 70 yds

Vs Bal
3 Rec for 39 yds

Vs Cle
4 Rec for 68 yds

Vs Mia
5 rec for 46 yds

vs LA
4 Rec for 15 yds

vs NE
6 Rec for 67 yds + 1 TD

vs Ind
4 Rec for 43 yds

Vs SF
3 Rec for 33 yds

Vs Mia
1 Rec for 16 yds (Was targted 11 times)

Vs NE
2 Rec for 28 yds

35 Rec
425 yds
1 TD

Marshall is 2nd in NFL in drops among WR's (8)

That doesn't look like someone who should be calling out play or effort of teammates to me

Last edited:

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Just pointing out that Brandon has no room to rip his teammates for performance/effort

And the talk of him not giving his all when his boy Fitz was sat rings true as we saw it in past destinations that when Marshall isn't happy the effort isn't always there

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
Just pointing out that Brandon has no room to rip his teammates for performance/effort

And the talk of him not giving his all when his boy Fitz was sat rings true as we saw it in past destinations that when Marshall isn't happy the effort isn't always there

That conclusion has no basis other than statistics, which are hard for an oft-injured WR to compile when his QB is Bryce ****ing Petty.

The Jets have quit. That's pretty evident. I'd be pissed if my teammates quit too, no matter our record.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Jets are a classic case of the inmates running the asylum. That was apparent when they leveraged so hard for Fitzpatrick to come back when the Jets clearly didn't want him back, and the Jets relented.

Time for them to clean everyone out again. There aren't more than 2 or 3 guys on that team who would be around when the Jets are ready to contend regardless.

Mar 1, 2002
It’s official: Colin Kaepernick’s controversial decision to kneel during the national anthem this season didn’t create a fractured locker room.

If there was any remaining doubt, it was erased when the 49ers announced Friday that Kaepernick received the Len Eshmont Award, their most prestigious honor which is given to their most courageous and inspirational player.

http://www.sfgate.com/49ers/article...eive-49ers-10827328.php?cmpid=twitter-desktop

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
It's going to be interesting to see what happens to Kaep moving forward. He's clearly got talent and should be able to find starting work somewhere, if not in SF. If he stays, they REALLY need to bring in some guys with actual skill to go with him and Hyde.

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina

That puts Joe Webb at number two on the depth chart. He's mostly been a special teamer while in Carolina but does throw in practice and go to the QB meetings and all that. With how banged up Cam has been this year (especially the last few weeks with this nagging shoulder injury), it wouldn't be out of the realm of possibility to see Moonshot get on the field. If he should get hurt?

First meaningless game because they've already been eliminated since 2012.

Soliloquy of a Dogge

I love you, Boots
Aug 8, 2012
San Diego, CA
It’s official: Colin Kaepernick’s controversial decision to kneel during the national anthem this season didn’t create a fractured locker room.

If there was any remaining doubt, it was erased when the 49ers announced Friday that Kaepernick received the Len Eshmont Award, their most prestigious honor which is given to their most courageous and inspirational player.

http://www.sfgate.com/49ers/article...eive-49ers-10827328.php?cmpid=twitter-desktop

The fact that it was even controversial is ridiculous and speaks to the fragility of those who wish to bury their head in the sand.

Wish we could've made it work with Kaep in Denver. Probably not much difference in our offense or record, but always have liked the guy and feel that he could've made lemonade out of Kubiak's lemon offense.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Just saw the ESPN ticker citing a coach saying hackenburg couldn't hit the ocean w a throw

So yeah, there is a reason why he's not playing :laugh:

As an aside I respect what Kaepernick did but the longer it played out the more foolish he ended up looking IMO. I thought Salguero wrote a good piece on him the Miami week and I typically dislike Salguero. I think he is worthy of the award because it was incredibly brave to take the stand he did...there were just moments during it where I thought to myself "is this guy an idiot?"

Lessavyfav

Aug 2, 2010
Just saw the ESPN ticker citing a coach saying hackenburg couldn't hit the ocean w a throw

So yeah, there is a reason why he's not playing

Off topic, but this quote reminded me of a story my father told me about Gary Anderson. Gary Anderson's first team was the Bills and was awful. He was let go and the media quote was something similar in that he couldn't hit Lake Ontario with a kick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->