2016 NBA Offseason thread - Free Agency,Trades,Hires,etc

Elvis P

Runnin with the devil
Dec 10, 2007
10th Ave Freeze Out
Embiid will have RotY eligibility at age 30 and the 76ers will think he has more potential than Okafor or Noel. Kawhi is the quietest top 5 player ever. If the Ws win 74, it will be the same as last year. Some of you will proclaim them the goat before the playoffs, I'll say no, and they will not win the title.

Dominator13

Feb 20, 2003
hockey city
Dominator13
Can anyone explain to me how the Noel, Embiid, Okafor thing is going to work out in Philly? Even Simmons has always look like a 4 more than a 3 in college in my eyes. A trade HAS to be made no?

Philly85*

I Ain't Even Mad
Mar 28, 2009
^^100% yes , something will have to shake out.

By the way what is with all this Kevin Love trade discussion popping up again. A bit ridiculous IMO. Saw ESPN First Take (garbage I know) and some other places say the Knicks are involved and Melo could be going the other way.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Can anyone explain to me how the Noel, Embiid, Okafor thing is going to work out in Philly? Even Simmons has always look like a 4 more than a 3 in college in my eyes. A trade HAS to be made no?

Don't forget they have Dario Saric too.

Apparently Colangelo wants to see Embiid play a couple of months first before he decides who to part with.

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City
By the way what is with all this Kevin Love trade discussion popping up again. A bit ridiculous IMO. Saw ESPN First Take (garbage I know) and some other places say the Knicks are involved and Melo could be going the other way.

Nobody wants Kevin Love in NYC. He sucks, not to mention he plays the same position as Porzingis. This is probably Lebron trying to get his buddy on his team and the Cavs trying to unload that dead weight

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
The lounge is full of tweens who like posting the same memes over and over.

Surprised the Kings signed Lawson. I thought that bridge was burned last year when he hit the hookah, or whatever that was.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Saric draws comparison to Toni Kukoc. Kukoc is a better shooter.

McOilbleeder

We are all Kloppites
Aug 5, 2006
Oil Country
I'm pretty sure it'll be Okafor who's going to be traded. They are just going to make sure Embiid's health is legit and then deal for some guard help.

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
Well like I said, I'm judging by what I saw with my own eyes. He looked more of a long range shooter then a net driver to me.

And I'm telling you he plays nothing like that, and I saw the kid play for years. Of the SFs in the NBA, Durant is the one that makes little if any sense as a comparison. If you want to compare him to a Warrior, Green is the only one that makes sense, Šarić isn't as good defensively, but he plays point forward, he can slash, spot up, crash the boards and be relentless on both ends of the court. He is also an emotional leader and a guy that will go through a wall head first if the coach tells him to, an epitome of a Philly style athlete.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Another somewhat decent comparison I've heard for Saric is Boris Diaw. Diaw is much better defensively.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad