2016 ALWC: Toronto Blue Jays vs Baltimore Orioles

King Mapes

Sub to My YouTube Blocks_4_days
Feb 9, 2008
Edmonton
Not a very well managed game, on either side. Sure, the bullpens both did their part, but Gibbons really should have held off on using Osuna, and DEFINITELY shouldn't have put him out there for a second inning. Just plain stupidity. :madfire:

Could have just as easily kept Grilli on the mound. We'll soon see how bad a mistake it was to overwork Osuna.

Also, another home playoff game, another reason for American announcers to decry us "boorish" Canadian fans, all because of one ****ing idiot who nearly pegged Kim with a full tallboy. I hope he took a few punches from the fans around him before being tossed from the stadium.

Keep Grilli out there? He's been shaky as hell lately. Gibbons did a tremendous job with the Pen. I felt Tillman was pulled way too early and not using Britton was idiotic but he did well managing the innings inbetween but those were dumb mistakes.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
I felt Stroman could've gone another inning considering he was past most of the big bats, but I like how Gibbons handled the pen.

Edo

The Mightiest Club
Jun 7, 2003
vancouver
wowhockey.com
Not a very well managed game, on either side. Sure, the bullpens both did their part, but Gibbons really should have held off on using Osuna, and DEFINITELY shouldn't have put him out there for a second inning. Just plain stupidity. :madfire:

Could have just as easily kept Grilli on the mound. We'll soon see how bad a mistake it was to overwork Osuna.

Also, another home playoff game, another reason for American announcers to decry us "boorish" Canadian fans, all because of one ****ing idiot who nearly pegged Kim with a full tallboy. I hope he took a few punches from the fans around him before being tossed from the stadium.

Gibbons managed the game brilliantly. Osuna is Toronto's best reliever and has pitched multiple innings plenty of times. The only thing you can maybe pin on Gibbons is pulling Stroman early. He's done it the last few years in the regular season + playoffs with his starters. I suppose you can also give him credit as all the starters stayed healthy.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
That was a very exciting game. I still hate the idea of the Wild Card Play in games, but that one was pretty good. I just don't know why it can't be a three game series. Orioles battled all year to play one game? That doesn't really feel right to me.

Eyedea

The Legend Continues
Jan 29, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
That was a very exciting game. I still hate the idea of the Wild Card Play in games, but that one was pretty good. I just don't know why it can't be a three game series. Orioles battled all year to play one game? That doesn't really feel right to me.

But it feels so right to me.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Toronto's bullpen last night:

5IP, 0H, 1BB, 6K

Baltimore's bullpen:

6.1IP, 5H, 1BB, 7K, 3R

Well three of those hits and all the runs came from one pitcher. :laugh:

That said, the Jays only had themselves to blame for not winning sooner. Travis had a TERRIBLE game at the plate, hitting into two inning-ending double plays with RISP.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Those first pitch double play hits had me out of my chair.

Seriously.

It was bad enough that the TBS simulcast kept pointing out the infield shift, actually going as far to LABEL THE PLAYERS on-screen, every single time. :laugh:

But to see Travis play directly into that shift, and weakly ground out not once, but twice, was infuriating. Then Martin felt left out, I guess, and got one of his own.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011

Toronto Police have pictures.

Slap him with a minor fine,ban him from any games in the future (which is that really even enforceable if he bought the tickets under a different name?), and that about it...?

sparxx87

Don Quixote
Jan 5, 2010
Toronto
Slap him with a minor fine,ban him from any games in the future (which is that really even enforceable if he bought the tickets under a different name?), and that about it...?

Yeah, they likely will ban him but it's very difficult to enforce. Friend is banned from Raptors games and he goes all the time. Just don't get caught attending when banned; it's a massive fine.

It's always unfortunate when one persons foolish actions make a large group of individuals look bad. Blue Jays fan base didn't throw beer, one drunk idiot did.

JS19

Legends Never Die
Aug 14, 2009
The Shark Tank
The one decision I've been baffled with is the Duensing/Ubaldo change. Did Showalter just waste his LOOGY on a #9 hitter? :help:

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin
Couldn't believe Britton didn't get in. Really can't believe Britton wasn't warming up immediately after Jimenez gave up that first hit.

I was thinking to myself, the Jays are swinging early against Jimenez so Britton doesn't have time to warm up when Showalter finally comes to his senses. :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $340.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Bologna vs Udinese
    Bologna vs Udinese
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $365.00