2016 ALWC: Toronto Blue Jays vs Baltimore Orioles

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Jays, but I could see it going either way.

Wasn't really a fan of Toronto's on-field celebration after the win today, which did nothing other than clinch a right to play "Game 163". I mean, really, Bautista? Lighting up a cigar for being the top wild card team? Lame. :laugh:

I still don't consider the playoffs to have started until this wild card play-in game is finished.

Muh

Beadle
Dec 9, 2010
Sloatsburg, NY

Wasn't really a fan of Toronto's on-field celebration after the win today, which did nothing other than clinch a right to play "Game 163". I mean, really, Bautista? Lighting up a cigar for being the top wild card team? Lame. :laugh:

I still don't consider the playoffs to have started until this wild card play-in game is finished.

Agree with your last line, was kinda hoping Mets wouldn't celebrate much too.

I am a Met fan and if we lose Wednesday, I do not consider us to have made the playoffs.

Either way, go Jays! I wanna see them and Texas again.

Jays 5-3

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Oh and Jays are my pick to get out of AL. Call me crazy.

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS

I guess you missed the video of Jones twerking as the Orioles popped bottles? All 4 wild card teams celebrated :laugh: Was not a Jays thing.

Loosie

The Eternal Optimist
Jun 14, 2011
Kitchener, Ontario
The complaints regarding the Jays celebrating I think really come from the hockey culture where you don't see that level of celebrating until the Stanley Cup is won. I'm sure you won't see most Baltimore fans complaining about the team celebrating the WC berth. (Or the Mets or Giants for that matter either.)

If I'm not mistaken there were complaints last year as well and they actually won the division then.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Money's on the Jays, but this could really go either way.

The one game environment is in favor of Baltimore imo. Way easier to get a decent game out of their up and down pitching and have something go wrong for the other guys.

Toronto is and should be on a mission. Bautista and EE are likely gone come the winter and they seem intent on going out on a high note. That should be enough for them to win.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Boring people don't like to have fun.

I love having fun but the celebrations really seemed out of place to me relative to the accomplishment. The teams have essentially qualified for a one-game tiebreaker to get into the actual playoffs.

As for this game, I'm cheering for Toronto but right now they can't hit and their bullpen is atrocious. Can't see them going far. Doubly so since they'll be forced to start Stroman instead of Happ or Sanchez.

Stad

@Mahomes2Helaire
Apr 22, 2007
Saskatoon
Jays should start Liriano, he's been solid his last 4 starts and the Orioles hit .234 vs LHP this season, only the Dodgers .213 were worse in MLB. Have Stroman ready to come out of the pen if Liriano struggles.

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
Start Liriano give him two times through the lineup then bring Stroman in out of the pen. That is the best option to me and it kind of cancels out how weak our pen is if Stroman goes straight to Osuna.

DougieSmash

WE'RE IN! WE'RE IN! YES! YES! WOO!
Jan 2, 2009
I remember when Buck choose Joe Saunders as a starter in Wild card game. I'm fine. O's rotation looks good in last few weeks. The pen is unbelievably deep. Once again O's looks like that one forgotten underdog.

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
Stroman confirmed. I would have gone with Liriano. Pitching better of late, better pure stuff, has pitched a WC game before and the Orioles hit better against righties.

Stroman has had a bad cloud hanging over him for weeks too, can't get run support, balls finding holes, etc.

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
I remember when Buck choose Joe Saunders as a starter in Wild card game. I'm fine. O's rotation looks good in last few weeks. The pen is unbelievably deep. Once again O's looks like that one forgotten underdog.

How exactly do the O's look like the forgotten underdog? lol

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 2