Prospect Info: 2016 88th Overall Pick | G Connor Ingram

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
Ingram lets in 5 for an 88% save percentage in his first OSB start.

I'll get in front of this to show how easy it is (and not lie).

Drake said before the game that Ingram has shown a great attitude since he reported and plans to play him every minute he can because of his ability level. Ingram's on-ice performance didn't seem to outwardly indicate a poor attitude.

While he made some big saves, I think the main reasoning why he let so many in tonight is because defense works as a unit, and they don't know him, and he definitely doesn't know them. OSB doesn't play a carbon-copy of Syracuse's systems because of the way the ECHL works. That can't be expected without raising the NHL contract limit. Player turnover is just way too high to get complex.

I'm still iffy of the whole Ingram thing. I don't think he'll be here for the playoffs, so I'd rather have the guy who (probably) will. Martin Ouellette. I just want to finally win again.

It's not like OSB can hang their hat on Ingram as their guy if he makes it big, or sell that many sweaters with his name on it. Winning is what the Orlando market wants.

Last edited:

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
iu

Reactions: LightningStrikes

Kellzzy1513

Mar 13, 2019
I wanna throw my 2 cents out there as a former minor hockey teammate with Connor in Humboldt. This would not be an attitude issue, the guy has a good head on his shoulders. But I'm sitting here thinking wtf is happening! Something has got to come out on this and I don't even have a guess as to what it is.

Reactions: Maelmoor

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
I wanna throw my 2 cents out there as a former minor hockey teammate with Connor in Humboldt. This would not be an attitude issue, the guy has a good head on his shoulders. But I'm sitting here thinking wtf is happening! Something has got to come out on this and I don't even have a guess as to what it is.
Thanks for the input. I used to be really sour on the way we developed our prospects and I'm right there again with this. I really do wonder what it is because as always, something isn't being said

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Thanks for the input. I used to be really sour on the way we developed our prospects and I'm right there again with this. I really do wonder what it is because as always, something isn't being said

How have we did wrong in his development? He was a friggin All Star in his second pro season and top 2 in all goalie categories. He was a late 3rd round pick and we have him close to NHL ready so this has nothing to do with his development at all.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
How have we did wrong in his development? He was a friggin All Star in his second pro season and top 2 in all goalie categories. He was a late 3rd round pick and we have him close to NHL ready so this has nothing to do with his development at all.
Given the limited amount of time he's been in the ECHL, I'm not concerned with the long term. We're looking at this in hours and days. If he's spending many weeks/months, it'd be very worth noting.

A two-week conditioning stint for an NHL goalie coming back from long-term injury wouldn't bat an eye. Generally, it seems like they need a bit more time, but the CBA doesn't allow it. If only they'd say it was conditioning here.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay

All that said and he's with the OSB and no one knows why. This is right up there with sending Drouin to the minors for no reason whatsoever (he sure didn't learn anything) and taking like 6 years to get Koekkoek less than a season worth of games before we finally trade him and Brett Connolly getting fed to the NHL way too early.

For the most part we do a great job developing players and sometimes we do the most random stuff and it doesn't make sense. All that stuff I said was years ago and I thought we were doing great with everyone and everything until Ingram to the OSB and no one really knows why.

Stormbreaker

Apr 2, 2012
All that said and he's with the OSB and no one knows why. This is right up there with sending Drouin to the minors for no reason whatsoever (he sure didn't learn anything) and taking like 6 years to get Koekkoek less than a season worth of games before we finally trade him and Brett Connolly getting fed to the NHL way too early.

For the most part we do a great job developing players and sometimes we do the most random stuff and it doesn't make sense. All that stuff I said was years ago and I thought we were doing great with everyone and everything until Ingram to the OSB and no one really knows why.
Tanner Richard was another one where it was handled really weirdly.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004

Goalies from the ECHL have a good track record, and if Syracuse doesn't want to sit Pasquale, then Ingram can eat up games for Orlando.

The ECHL produced Holtby, Quick, Halak, Dubnyk, Reimer, Kuemper, Laurent Brossoit, Jordan Binnington, Jack Campbell, Cam Talbot, Mrazek, Khudobin, Domingue, and OSB legend Garret Sparks. Kuemper briefly played for OSB too, but he doesn't really count for us, IMO. He had already been in the NHL and it was the most recent lockout.

(the list goes on with older players and lower tier NHL goalies: Vokoun, Aebischer, Condon, Darling, etc., but those are the most relevant NHL guys right now I know of. Darling actually came out of the SPHL originally, one level lower than the ECHL. He pushed the net over at a Bears home game in anger over a call back in the day when he was with Wheeling. Orlando also saw a pre-Lightning Louis Domingue quite a bit.)

Last edited:

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay

Connolly had two very productive years under his belt with Syracuse before he made the NHL. Koekkoek's development was muddled with injuries and very meh seasons in the AHL, I feel like they were handled appropriately with respect to their development up until Koekkoek was on the main roster. I think at that point he was no longer deemed as being someone worth developing and was kept around for depth.

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
Yeah when a skater ends up in ECHL it's a red flag. Goalies not so much. Still this situation is so damn weird given his on ice performance.

DistantThunderRep

Mar 8, 2018
Yeah when a skater ends up in ECHL it's a red flag. Goalies not so much. Still this situation is so damn weird given his on ice performance.
Maybe simply coaches decision to play more of Pasquale for the stretch. And rather than having Ingram sit there and do nothing, he can eat some games in Orlando.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Connolly had two very productive years under his belt with Syracuse before he made the NHL. Koekkoek's development was muddled with injuries and very meh seasons in the AHL, I feel like they were handled appropriately with respect to their development up until Koekkoek was on the main roster. I think at that point he was no longer deemed as being someone worth developing and was kept around for depth.

Que? He had 68 games in the NHL before he ever played in the AHL. He had a great year in Syracuse the year after his rookie season in the NHL, then he killed the preseason and looked ready.... Then went back to the AHL for his +3 season and I swear the man was never the same again. Took him til like November to score his first AHL goal.

Heck Connolly scored in his call up before he scored in his primary assignment in Syracuse in November 2013

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
Que? He had 68 games in the NHL before he ever played in the AHL. He had a great year in Syracuse the year after his rookie season in the NHL, then he killed the preseason and looked ready.... Then went back to the AHL for his +3 season and I swear the man was never the same again. Took him til like November to score his first AHL goal.

Heck Connolly scored in his call up before he scored in his primary assignment in Syracuse in November 2013

Wasn't he on the roster that year because he would have had to play in the CHL otherwise? They still sent him down to develop in the AHL afterwards, where he produced quite well, I think they played the entire process well considering their hand was forced.

TampaJay

Jan 16, 2016

Drouin didn’t get sent down for no reason whatsoever. If you recall the situation, leading up to it there were a bunch of forward injuries (Drouin included) and Marchessault came up and played really well and was up so long that he would have had to clear waivers to get sent down. They didn’t want to lose Marchessault and the only one who didn’t need to clear waivers was Drouin, and, he was one to the guys coming back from injury so they were calling it a conditioning stint. Yzerman was trying to buy some time while trying to make another roster move to free up a spot. Then Drouin pitched a fit. And, let’s not forget, even before that Drouin had requested a trade.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
Now that's an Intersting take. Making sure the Bears also have high quality goaltending.

BriseBois going all in for Stanley Cup, Calder Cup and Kelly Cup all in same year.
You can definitely go all in on the Kelly Cup every year, and so can every team. There's very little movement in that regard though, given how much the personnel changes. The strong teams stay strong, the weak stay weak. Maybe JBB could look at maybe recruiting Mike Vellucci from the Canes organization. He's apparently the guy that gets the Checkers & Everblades ticking along so well.

I was at tonight's Bears game where Ingram was pulled halfway. Now, that mostly wasn't his fault. The guys were bringing their skill game and not their work game. The Blades are physically big players right now post-deadline who play a heavy game and start making trouble after the whistle. No one wants them first round, but OSB has to beat them to get to the ECF.

Ingram wasn't looking as sharp as he was in St. John's either, so he doesn't get a halo tonight.

Even coming back down 4-1 to tie (and push to a shootout loss) against the Everblades is a tremendous improvement. Almost any other year, it'd be garbage time.

Kellzzy1513

Mar 13, 2019
I wish I kept in contact with him so I could ask him what's happening lol would make this whole thing a lot easier on everyone!

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
I had a thought that TB may not be able to call Ingram's assignment conditioning, which OSB intially tweeted out before it was taken down, and at last update his agent believes it to be.

It sounds like a gray area in the CBA. You can assign to the AHL for conditioning, but not officially to the ECHL. NHL teams can assign ELCs to the ECHL under any circumstance no problem. Everyone else has to give permission.

But when you have an AHL player on the appropriate NHL contract, and they need to fulfill the function of a conditioning assignment, you send them down but can't call it that.

edit: I'm all about finding the loopholes. They could create a euphemism for the fans/media like Lou did with 'general body soreness'.

It can't be called conditioning. Preparedness/Readiness Assignment? Reacclimazation? Inureification?

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

• Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3