Prospect Info: 2016 88th Overall Pick | G Connor Ingram

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
twitter @cbingram1

Connor Ingram ‏@CBIngram1 6h6 hours ago
Can't thank the @TBLightning enough for this opportunity. Forever grateful.

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=172859

drafted 88th pick 3rd round for tampa bay lightning 2016

Observations:

June 2016 - The Tampa Bay Lightning took Ingram in the third round in 2016 and they received a rather small and slim goaltender. He can move well in the crease and find the shooting lanes well to get to the puck as fast as possible. His long legs can cover the posts from the splits. Comfortable pick at 88. Put up great numbers for a rather poor defensive team in Kamloops. Max Marko

very athletic and moves well got invite last year to red wings camp

Last edited:

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Awesome, thanks Hose! Does he have a future in the big leagues?

He's 6'1 so a bit small by goalie standards today. He's also not super athletic especially for someone his size. So right there he has two disadvantages that most NHL goalies have these days. He's got good positioning and is highly competitive so that'll help him carve out a decent career but nothing more than an NHL backup or really good AHL starter.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
Looks like he is having a deadly season in the AHL... But will he ever get a chance in the NHL with you guys?

Obviously you have a young and unreal goalie in Vasi... I wonder what the long-term plan will be.. Just let him keep rolling in the AHL for many years or potentially could become trade bait? Obviously there is no reason for him to become a NHL backup anytime soon seeing that Vasi plays a crap load and its better having Ingram playing.

Im very curious to see how the next few years of his career goes

BoltzManConstant

Mar 8, 2017
Upper West Side
His numbers don't quite look like an NHL #1 goalie to me. But that's perfectly, actually, because we couldn't afford to pay two #1's.

Domingue's contactc is up at the end of next season. Could be the perfect time to bring Ingram up and slot him in as Vasy's backup.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004

WHAAAAAAAAA?

OSB is flying to St. John's today, so Ingram will likely never play an Orlando home game.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
but just in case, orlandosolarbearshockey.com has links to ticket information. The next home game is 3/13 against the rival Everblades. Maybe get 30-40 extra tickets just to make sure you don't miss it in case Ingram does make an appearance.

God King Fudge

Championship Swag
Oct 13, 2017
Man I'm real interested to know what's going on with Ingram. The situation with him is real weird right now, and no one is coming out and addressing it.

Guy is top 2 in the AHL in GAA and SV% and he's reported as healthy by multiple people in the organization, but he's being assigned to the ECHL?

So, so weird.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004

giphy.gif

Real talk though, the ECHL gives so few answers that I can't even begin to hope for one.

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
Perhaps did not break a team rule per say but must have done something (attitude or something else...let your mind wander) ....I don't think they can claim they have the two best goaltenders on the roster.

God King Fudge

Championship Swag
Oct 13, 2017
So he's not unhappy. Not out of shape. Didn't request a trade. Didn't break team rules. It's an internal matter.

I mean. Has to be some kind of rule? It just doesn't make sense that he hasn't broken any rules, but is being sent to the ECHL while being healthy. I don't know if you do that because the kid has an attitude. Just sit him on the bench.

I'm really interested to watch this play out.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
More real talk though. Would TB leave Ingram in Orlando if he doesn't correct whatever needs correcting? (Orlando does not have a goalie coach, per se, and especially not one that travels with the team)

I've seen it before, a prospect is too big to fail (or feels they are), and so they mope until they're called up. Which they get (or they get loaned out of the system).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->