Lays

Jan 22, 2017
Wasn’t Ingram shopped at the TDL? Came here wondering why he’s in the ECHL

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
Wasn’t Ingram shopped at the TDL? Came here wondering why he’s in the ECHL
Idk but it’s odd how a AHL allstar gets sent to the echl if it was a conditioning stint I think BriseBois would have stated that

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
Idk but it’s odd how a AHL allstar gets sent to the echl if it was a conditioning stint I think BriseBois would have stated that

I believe the Solar Bears posted it was a conditioning stint and then deleted the tweet.

Syracuse is now calling it an "internal matter"

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ

Tampa Bay general manager Julien BriseBois said there is no timetable for his return. When asked if or when he expects to return to Syracuse, Ingram shrugged.

"I’m not sure. We’ll see,'' he said. "It’s not up to me.''

BriseBois said the stunning demotion was made because of an ''internal matter.'' Ingram would not reveal the reason he was given for the move.
BriseBois said Wednesday he decided later on Monday to ship Ingram to the ECHL. Ingram said when he showed up at practice Tuesday, Syracuse coach Ben Groulx gave him the news. Ingram was asked if he remembers his initial reaction.

"Yeah, probably. I’m not going to tell you that, though,'' he said.

Ingram’s agent, Blake Evans, also wouldn’t get into specifics. Ingram, one of the most cheery players on the Crunch, maintained that attitude Wednesday.

"As an athlete, you go through ups and downs all the time,'' Ingram said. "You’ve just got to enjoy it. The sun will come up tomorrow. Obviously, you want to play in the best league you can. But I want to play, too. This is a step for me. All I can do is play the games (with Orlando) and be where I am. I don’t pick what league to play.''

But when pushed for more specifics, Ingram pulled up short.

"I don’t like to ruffle feathers,'' he said.

DaBolts

Stanley Cup Boat Parades ROCK
Feb 3, 2015
If he copped an attitude with Dom and Vasy ahead oh him, he hasn't been paying attention.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
I feel that Ingram is upset that he's still not considered the #1 in Syracuse. He's sharing starts with Pasquale when he has clearly outplayed him all year and after a strong game Groulx goes back toto Pasquale. Pasquale is still playing well so I can see why Groulx plays him but Ingram is a step above and should be getting more starts.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
I feel that Ingram is upset that he's still not considered the #1 in Syracuse. He's sharing starts with Pasquale when he has clearly outplayed him all year and after a strong game Groulx goes back toto Pasquale. Pasquale is still playing well so I can see why Groulx plays him but Ingram is a step above and should be getting more starts.

It has to be close to that. There's no way he can expect to be in the NHL with Dom playing the way he is

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
It has to be close to that. There's no way he can expect to be in the NHL with Dom playing the way he is

I don't think he expects to be in the NHL just yet either. I just think he feels like as an all star, leader in SO, leader in save % and second in GAA that he should be playing closer to every game or at least 75% instead of the 50/50 that they have been running.

Reactions: DistantThunderRep

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
I don't think he expects to be in the NHL just yet either. I just think he feels like as an all star, leader in SO, leader in save % and second in GAA that he should be playing closer to every game or at least 75% instead of the 50/50 that they have been running.
Probably true and he deserves to be the starter with the crunch

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
TB easily could have just lied (or told the truth, IDK) and said 'conditioning', but they didn't.

I'm sort of trivializing lying, but when it's to protect your guys, it's more of a euphemism. 'He's got a nagging issue.', etc.

Last edited:

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
TB easily could have just lied (or told the truth, IDK) and said 'conditioning', but they didn't.

I'm sort of trivializing lying, but when it's to protect your guys, it's more of a euphemism. 'He's got a nagging issue.', etc.
Is dodging ("no comment") better or worse than lying ("conditioning") though?

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
agent stated to burnsie he thinks its conditioning issue

It could actually be since he's only started 1 game since Feb 18th and only played one other time in relief. But the Crunch have played 9 games in that stretch so there was plenty of chances to get him starts. They just did a 3 in 3 last weekend and he didn't play so something doesn't add up.

God King Fudge

Championship Swag
Oct 13, 2017
Maybe a conditioning issue that isn't injury related? Possibly he's not taking care of his body in some way and the organization is trying to send him a message.

Everyone is handling it very professionally so it makes me believe whatever it is probably isn't super serious, but it could also be serious and both parties are just handling it perfectly in the media to facilitate a move later on.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
ya brisbois said was not a conditioning thing I heard today really weird. I personally believe since the kid said he lost 7 pounds after coming back from injury its a weight issue or a work out issue... is something we have seen them not take lightly already this season... His agent said he thought it might be a conditioning issue then brisbois comes out with saying it was not right after the agent but brisebois also said he wasnt in charge of the move and had no control over it etc.. really weird

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
ya brisbois said was not a conditioning thing I heard today really weird. I personally believe since the kid said he lost 7 pounds after coming back from injury its a weight issue or a work out issue... is something we have seen them not take lightly already this season... His agent said he thought it might be a conditioning issue then brisbois comes out with saying it was not right after the agent but brisebois also said he wasnt in charge of the move and had no control over it etc.. really weird

Brisebois is still the GM or the Crunch. Ingram isn't getting sent anywhere without Brisebois making the decision, so he knew and had control.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
The Bears website has Ingram in #51. It could be a 'temporary' number, but probably not.

The way the Bears work it this year is that they like to reissue numbers as much as possible (which I understand the practical side of, but I'm not a big fan of. A player's 'brand' with the fans is their number, and they don't tend to last multiple seasons with a team at this level, so let them have their number, which they have to stick with.)

51 is Martin Ouellette's number, but when he's recalled, the nameplate sometimes gets switched to Clint Windsor or in this case, Connor Ingram. Windsor wore 38 when he first joined the team, however since he became a reserve/third goalie because of the constant shuffling, he's being put in 51.

The point being, he's not gotten a unique sweater number.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad