Prospect Info: 2016 88th Overall Pick | G Connor Ingram

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
He’s having a terrific AHL season. Seems like going to Nashville might have been the best thing for him. Rinne is now 37, Saros has not looked like a future starting keeper. Is Ingram now the “future” starting goalie for the Preds?

Or at least until he regresses or someone better shows up. But still just 22, Ingram is dominating in the AHL. He’s looked terrific and seems like he will be NHL ready by next season. Seems like good timing on his part.

Anyway, he doesn’t get talked about much. Prior to this season, I could see why. But with this seasons play he really should be on the radar as far as prospect goalies go.

I had him as a top 10 goalie prospect for the past couple of years. His WHL numbers are just as good as Carter Hart's were. Hart had the better GAA while Ingram the save %. His first two AHL seasons were just as good as Thatcher Demko's. I think the issue with him was he's not the biggest or most athletic goalie so his upside seems limited. So you didn't think he could be a number 1 goalie but more likely a backup. But he's shown that he can put up good numbers wherever he goes, so I'm not sure what his potential can be.

Zwui21

Aug 31, 2019
He’s having a terrific AHL season. Seems like going to Nashville might have been the best thing for him. Rinne is now 37, Saros has not looked like a future starting keeper. Is Ingram now the “future” starting goalie for the Preds?

Or at least until he regresses or someone better shows up. But still just 22, Ingram is dominating in the AHL. He’s looked terrific and seems like he will be NHL ready by next season. Seems like good timing on his part.

Anyway, he doesn’t get talked about much. Prior to this season, I could see why. But with this seasons play he really should be on the radar as far as prospect goalies go.
Attitude problems or not, I'm still better about how we handled the situation and walked away with a f***ing 7th rounder in our hands.
And Syracuse needed him a lot

Reactions: Hoek

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
Anthony DeAngelo is doing well in NYR (12 goals, 40 points in 51 games so far this season) and we "threw him away" (*) due to "character issues" as well. Gotta protect the locker room!

(* The returned 2nd rounder turned into Libor Hajek that we sent to NYR for McD and Miller.)

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
I'm far more mad about Gusev than Ingram. He was never gonna be more than Vasy's backup. We got a guy playing worse than a 4th liner for $5 million and full NTC while the other proved there was never any risk to sign him and give a roster spot. Sheesh... who could have POSSIBLY foreseen that with a player who has about as much God-given talent as Panarin does? The only question was his production. But no... We will go sign Brendan Morrow or Chris Kunitz and give em a spot. But the best non-NHL player in the world? Nawwwww bro. Somehow it was obvious to everyone but Yzerman that he was botching the shit out of that situation as it happened.

Hopefully he comes here as a UFA after next year or we get him at the TDL and right this wrong that never should have happened.

As for Ingram I wish him the best. Maybe Hugo can come to the Crunch next year and solve the woes in net.

Reactions: Vasilevskiy

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I'm far more mad about Gusev than Ingram. He was never gonna be more than Vasy's backup. We got a guy playing worse than a 4th liner for $5 million and full NTC while the other proved there was never any risk to sign him and give a roster spot. Sheesh... who could have POSSIBLY foreseen that with a player who has about as much God-given talent as Panarin does? The only question was his production. But no... We will go sign Brendan Morrow or Chris Kunitz and give em a spot. But the best non-NHL player in the world? Nawwwww bro. Somehow it was obvious to everyone but Yzerman that he was botching the **** out of that situation as it happened.

Hopefully he comes here as a UFA after next year or we get him at the TDL and right this wrong that never should have happened.

As for Ingram I wish him the best. Maybe Hugo can come to the Crunch next year and solve the woes in net.

This is such BS. Gusev is another small, skilled winger--we have a team full of those. We couldn't gift him a spot at the time and he was unwilling to go through the system to win one.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
This is such BS. Gusev is another small, skilled winger--we have a team full of those. We couldn't gift him a spot at the time and he was unwilling to go through the system to win one.

What gift? Years ago we missed the playoffs and needed all the help we could get at the time. Seemingly every year we tack on some underwhelming grinder vet without question who knows he isn't coming here to play in the AHL. If he was a grinder it would have been different? There's a difference between Alex Volkov and Nikita Gusev. One is a 20 something who can barely stay consistent. The other has played years torching the 2nd best league on earth and has more talent in his pinkie than most guys do in both hands. In every other sport guys come into teams knowing they have a spot waiting for them and the whole "You gotta compete for it" is a formality. You know why? Because they paid their dues. We literally went out of our way to treat him differently for the sake of behaving like we are treating him the same when there was absolutely no reason to at any point. So it either boils down to that or our front office literally could not fathom the common sense that this was a player who already paid his dues and was a small skill player in a day when we were gonna make that our thing or we went out of our way to overthink it. No dude... Either they messed up, or this organization honest to God thinks dues cannot be paid elsewhere. So what did we do? We traded him to the Knights who then proceeded to do the same thing and fumble it away like they were handling a Rubik's cube.

We treated him differently than any other person in his situation should have been just so we could act like we were treating him the same. Did Steven Stamkos deserve to be the the only 1st overall forward in the modern era to get chained the bench because Melrose had to do the "YOU GOTTA EARN YER ICE TIME BOI!!!" routine? No... The 1st overall gets an unspoken special treatment. Gusev might have needed the same but it doesn't make it wrongeither.for the

If it was that risky you work an "out clause" into Gusev's contract. The best non-NHL player in the world by a mile when all he would have demanded at the time was probably half of what he makes now is not a gamble for a team who needed to reload when we did

Last edited:

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
@DFC if I'm wrong about the out clause and you cannot do one for whatever reason all Gusev could get was a standard ELC then I'm wrong and I'll eat the crow. Because by that point yes... Gusev is being an ass because we cannot guarantee his success and we're all stuck here. Idk the CBA. If that was the case I was wrong and I'll take the crow fried with feathers and guts and all.

Point is if you can get an out clause without cap damage there was no need to not do it.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
@DFC if I'm wrong about the out clause and you cannot do one for whatever reason all Gusev could get was a standard ELC then I'm wrong and I'll eat the crow. Because by that point yes... Gusev is being an ass because we cannot guarantee his success and we're all stuck here. Idk the CBA. If that was the case I was wrong and I'll take the crow fried with feathers and guts and all.

Point is if you can get an out clause without cap damage there was no need to not do it.

You're also basing this on the success of a 27 year-old rookie... in New Jersey.

We built a roster that's arguably the most talented in the league. There were going to be casualties along the way. Gusev isn't even the worst. But there's only room for so many small, skilled wingers.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
You're also basing this on the success of a 27 year-old rookie... in New Jersey.

We built a roster that's arguably the most talented in the league. There were going to be casualties along the way. Gusev isn't even the worst. But there's only room for so many small, skilled wingers.

We agree to disagree at this point but find common grounds on him not being the worst causality. DeAngelo was a far bigger loss but it's one I understood and I eventually came to respect the gamble of his selection despite being opposed to it at first. But in the end I would rather have Sergachev 100 times out of 100 over him and things worked out better for everyone

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
We agree to disagree at this point but find common grounds on him not being the worst causality. DeAngelo was a far bigger loss but it's one I understood and I eventually came to respect the gamble of his selection despite being opposed to it at first. But in the end I would rather have Sergachev 100 times out of 100 over him and things worked out better for everyone

I don't even consider DeAngelo a loss. There was something wrong there, given that Arizona gave up on him too. The big loss was Marchessault. But, in a cap world, that kind of thing is going to happen. And, again, is a diminutive winger really what this team needs right now? I would argue it doesn't move the needle. We need a player who can facilitate plays for the diminutive wingers we're already loaded with.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad