Prospect Info: 2016 88th Overall Pick | G Connor Ingram

dechire

TBL Stanley Cup Champs 2020 2021
Jul 8, 2014
inconnu
The Crunch need to chill the f*** out with their overdramatic posts. I don't know the details of the situation but AHL goalies get sent to the ECHL all the time and no one would have blinked much over it if their twitter account hadn't acted personally offended by it. Whatever is going on behind the scenes it's probably none of our business as fans and all these posts are not helping.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
The Crunch need to chill the **** out with their overdramatic posts. I don't know the details of the situation but AHL goalies get sent to the ECHL all the time and no one would have blinked much over it if their twitter account hadn't acted personally offended by it. Whatever is going on behind the scenes it's probably none of our business as fans and all these posts are not helping.

I mean the guy was probably leading the race to win the Bastien award and is now in the ECHL. Pasquale has been very good this year and has been a great pro so he deserves to play too but Ingram had outplayed him and deserved to play more. The Crunch want to win the Calder and Ingram was looking like he could backstop them to it. Pasquale crapped the bed last year in the playoffs while Ingram was great in all but one game so I'm sure they rather see Ingram in net to start.

It's a weird situation with very little real information out there. I like Ingram and think he's a really good goalie but I also don't think he's more than a backup. So if we end up trading him I won't be that pissed as you can find AHL goalies almost anywhere and we have a NHL starter for a long time so in no rush to find a successor. I can see us moving Ingram and everyone freaking out like when we traded Tokarski and he never became more than a backup so wasn't a big loss. I just hope we don't trade him for a goalie we didn't resign a year earlier like the Tokarski for Desjardins trade.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
Looking at the Bears schedule, I don't see a spot where there'd be an obvious "end point". Like 5-7 days without any games that if Ingram stayed down, it'd be saying something.

The longest stretch without games the rest of the regular season is March 24, 25, and 26th. 3 days. Then you've got teams on the outside of the playoff race in Atlanta and Greenville the 27th and 29th (and 31st). It's a white knuckle experience every year since Florida generally runs away with the division and everyone else is left in an incredibly tight race for the last three spots.

I do think that Boes probably plays the 31st @ Greenville, but that's because the Bears are playing a 3-in-3 on the road in Greenville, SC; Charleston, SC; and then back to Greenville.

TampaJay

Jan 16, 2016
The Crunch need to chill the **** out with their overdramatic posts. I don't know the details of the situation but AHL goalies get sent to the ECHL all the time and no one would have blinked much over it if their twitter account hadn't acted personally offended by it. Whatever is going on behind the scenes it's probably none of our business as fans and all these posts are not helping.
Agree 100%. If you read through the @syrhockey tweets, the guy is on a mission to find out why Ingram got sent down and he is no fan of Ben and JBB. I guess it has never occurred to him that announcing the reason may embarrass the player and not be in his best interest or future career (or value to the organization). Ingram was interviewed by him and declined to give the reason. That should tell him something, but it hasn’t.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
Agree 100%. If you read through the @syrhockey tweets, the guy is on a mission to find out why Ingram got sent down and he is no fan of Ben and JBB. I guess it has never occurred to him that announcing the reason may embarrass the player and not be in his best interest or future career (or value to the organization). Ingram was interviewed by him and declined to give the reason. That should tell him something, but it hasn’t.
Gotta get that Pulitzer somehow. :sarcasm:

I kid though. I definitely don't want to discourage a journalist from digging for answers.

BoltzManConstant

Mar 8, 2017
Upper West Side

Just to clarify, @syrhockey isn't the Crunch's twitter, it's the twitter handle for the local paper's coverage of the Crunch.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
I've thought about my own reviews of Ingram, which I have certain biases with, and I should at least clarify how I view things. It seems somewhat irresponsible to me to say that the goalie takes no blame in a goal going in, even if the goalie is only, let's say, 5% responsible on a given goal. Everything is completely someone else's fault. I don't use coach speak because I'm not his coach.

You need a goalie at this level who makes saves sometimes that they shouldn't be able to and Ingram kind of hasn't shown that he's a money goalie to the level you'd maybe expect when the rest of the team is getting off track.

ScottyFreakinUpshall

Aug 13, 2010
They don’t like the way he carries himself. Not a team guy, doesn’t try in practice etc. Its purely to get his act together and be a pro.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
They don’t like the way he carries himself. Not a team guy, doesn’t try in practice etc. Its purely to get his act together and be a pro.
Source?

It may sound counterintuitive to the TB/SYR fans on here for me to sort of want to just get this over with, despite Ingram being objectively 'better' than Ouellette, but when you do get a goalie like that, (and I can't confirm he is) you sink yet another season. When it comes to Syracuse, you've got to beware of Greeks bearing gifts.

AlphaCatalyst

Elite Fan
Jun 27, 2007
Calgary
I personally don't think that bad attitude is the issue. For starters his last name does not start with D.

IF However that is the case he won't be around for long. Drouin, Dotchin, and DeAngelo were all shipped out pretty quick.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
I personally don't think that bad attitude is the issue. For starters his last name does not start with D.

IF However that is the case he won't be around for long. Drouin, Dotchin, and DeAngelo were all shipped out pretty quick.
I care about this season. It's been so freaking long since the Bears went deep. (an 11-year hibernation didn't help)

The last time the Bears made significant waves was 2001 when they won the Turner Cup and went into hibernation. The IHL team made the Finals 3 times in its 6-year run, winning once.

The ECHL team has won one playoff series in its history (this is year 7 of the ECHL now). A sweep over SC when goalie Cal Heeter carried the team.

But as long as he's having fun out there I guess. :sarcasm:

Last edited:
Reactions: Phobia Catalyst

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
Corbin Boes is getting the start tonight against the Idaho Steelheads.
Preview: Solar Bears vs. Steelheads — March 19, 2019

Idaho has the 6th best record in the league, and neither team has played since Sunday.

Ingram let in 4 that day, and one of them was legitimately not his fault. (I'm going off of memory from a few days ago here.) Although the thought of "just make a save" did go through my head at one point.

On Saturday Ingram wasn't really tested for the first two periods, then when the game started, that's when the two went in.

Last edited:

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004

He makes this save, and the occasional big save, but also 3 got by him tonight. I'm not trying to be negative, I'm trying to give a fuller picture.

The Bears were way too soft, even with their heavier forwards out of the lineup tonight. If it continues, it's a sign of a roster construction problem.

Last edited:

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
Martin Ouellette just got stretchered off the ice apparently. We'll see how it goes, but if they don't call Ingram up, TB basically has to supply an explanation or everyone will be thinking character issues.

ATOs are on the market right now at least.

TampaJay

Jan 16, 2016
Damn athletic and its subscription
Quotes from Ingram
“That’s what I have to be clear on. There was no big situation that caused all of this to happen.”
“This wasn’t my decision,” he said.
“Everywhere I’ve been, nobody’s really given me a shot,” Ingram said.
“We have bosses for a reason. It doesn’t matter what my point of view is, it’s what their point of view is,” Ingram said. “They have our career in their hands, and they decide things like that. It’s not up to us. We just do what we can control.

Joe Smith writes
Agent Blake Evans suggested that this was more of a situation where the Lightning wanted Ingram to be a better pro on and off the ice

Quote from Grouix about prospects in general, not Ingram specifically.
“It’s tough to change a player when he’s 21, 23 years old,” Groulx said. “If a guy doesn’t want to change, I’m not changing him. If he wants to not change, but make adjustments, if the guy has good character and really wants to work at his game and take care of his career, it’s way easier. If the guy doesn’t want to hear about doing certain things differently, you’re always in that gray area where you want more, and he thinks he’s giving you everything he’s got. It’s tough to be on the same page when guys don’t buy into what you want to.”

Quote from Orlando coach
“Any young kid, your first couple years, you think you’re working hard in junior hockey and probably are. But working in the American League is that much harder, then the NHL is even more,” Evans said. “You just have to learn how to work hard every day. Obviously, Connor is a huge prospect and his numbers are among the best in the AHL. That’s great, but (the Lightning) want him to become one of the best goalies in the NHL. You’ve got to learn how to work extra hard every day.”

Joe Smith asks
If that’s the case, that Ingram needs to become a better pro, adjust his work ethic and attitude, why don’t the Lightning just come out and say that? Why be so cryptic?

My answer to Joe Smith’s question… because it would be dumb for an NHL club to announce to the rest of the league that you have a prospect who you think doesn’t have the work ethic to make it to the next level. You just devalue your asset and it doesn’t help to correct the problem or help the prospect. Sounds to me like Grouix has communicated the message but the kid doesn’t want to hear it.

Reactions: Phobia Catalyst

waterboy65

Jul 7, 2017
Before social media, it was sometimes hard for other organizations to get a real read on certain players and their work ethics and player development issues- especially in tight lipped organizations. But these days, its pretty much an open book on the issues that dog certain players/prospects. Ingram is still young enough that he can modify his approach but right now, I suspect this demotion has definitely hurt his trade value.

LTIR Trickery

Plz stop pucks
Jun 27, 2007
Scrip Club
Joe Smith writes
Agent Blake Evans suggested that this was more of a situation where the Lightning wanted Ingram to be a better pro on and off the ice

Joe Smith asks
If that’s the case, that Ingram needs to become a better pro, adjust his work ethic and attitude, why don’t the Lightning just come out and say that? Why be so cryptic?

My answer to Joe Smith’s question… because it would be dumb for an NHL club to announce to the rest of the league that you have a prospect who you think doesn’t have the work ethic to make it to the next level. You just devalue your asset and it doesn’t help to correct the problem or help the prospect. Sounds to me like Grouix has communicated the message but the kid doesn’t want to hear it.
Not to mention, you just don't dump your purse out with a guy publicly like that. There is a reason why guys want to be with this org now, a lot of it has to do with treating guys like human beings and not throwing everything to the media for them to pile on.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->