2016 / 2017 Ticket Exchange Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

awfulwaffle

Jun 20, 2011
Dallas, TX
Well this sucks, I work 1-9 most days this coming week(Thurs-Wednesday). Looks like I'll have to try to look for a game 5 ticket if it gets there.

I'm debating on that, or just holding out for Stanley Cup if we make it. I won't be able to go to every game, and probably can go to just 1 more game this year with how much tickets are rising in price. Cheapest on Stub Hub for Game 1 is $75+ right now.

I can't imagine how much Stanley Cup tickets would be, but I would spend every last cent I had in order to go to a Finals game. I wish I started my job sooner, or kept my old job longer lol.

TeamTourigny

Formally TeamTurris & TeamTippet & TeamTocchet
Jan 16, 2007
Vegas
it looks like the Coyotes flooded the stubhub ticket brokers with more cheep (all upper bowl) tickets for round #3. there are massive blocks up there for sale, less than face value. Why do the Coyotes do this? Its almost as if they personally dont want to sell upper bowl tickets.

zz

Nov 1, 2006
it looks like the Coyotes flooded the stubhub ticket brokers with more cheep (all upper bowl) tickets for round #3. there are massive blocks up there for sale, less than face value. Why do the Coyotes do this? Its almost as if they personally dont want to sell upper bowl tickets.

What are you ta;ling about? All those upper bowl tickets are listed above original value.

TeamTourigny

Jan 16, 2007
Vegas
I think the $60 tier is only the last 4 rows of the north end. But im 99% sure thats what the Coyotes are doing; unload upper bowl blocks to Stubhub, maybe as a means to bolster lower bowl sales because those have higher profit margin? Looks like the Kings did a similar thing, only on a smaller scale. There are upper bowl blocks for sale on stub hub at the Staples Center.

zz

Nov 1, 2006
Firs off, 150 tickets below $ 80 is not exactly 'flooding the market'.
Second, I still don't understand why you think the Coyotes are the ones listing those tickets.

TeamTourigny

Jan 16, 2007
Vegas
Firs off, 150 tickets below $ 80 is not exactly 'flooding the market'.
Second, I still don't understand why you think the Coyotes are the ones listing those tickets.

I'm not saying its the Coyotes directly, I'm hypothesizing its the team that sells them to stubhub brokers. No individual owns seats 1-19 of an entire section.

Howler Scores

Mar 13, 2011
Maricopa County
I'm not saying its the Coyotes directly, I'm hypothesizing its the team that sells them to stubhub brokers. No individual owns seats 1-19 of an entire section.

I totally know why you think that. Last year I bought all of my games from Stubhub because they were cheaper. I was so certain that the Coyotes were selling the tickets and I always bought them through the email option so I never saw a return address. But then later in the season, I bought the same seats I usually do and they came via Fedex. The return address was in Oakland so then I was all sorts of confused.

zz

Nov 1, 2006

I totally know why you think that. Last year I bought all of my games from Stubhub because they were cheaper. I was so certain that the Coyotes were selling the tickets and I always bought them through the email option so I never saw a return address. But then later in the season, I bought the same seats I usually do and they came via Fedex. The return address was in Oakland so then I was all sorts of confused.

Of course the Coyotes sold directly to StubHub. But that was done before the playoffs even started, when they were pushing the discounted playoff strips. At this point, as fa as the Coyotes are concerned, those seats are sold.

If anyone is 'flooding' the market, it's StubHub. Those are THEIR tickets, the the Coyote organization's.

I was online last night during the Coyotes game and I guessed the STH presale code and there was a ton available at that time. As soon as the game ended and they lifted the password requirement, tickets were flying left and right. I clicked on some a few different times and they were already snatched up. I think it is probably brokers buying them on Ticketmaster to sell the game out and then inflate the cost.

SOLD

Last edited:

Brokers buy season tickets for teams all over the country. I bought tickets to a Coyotes game last year and they came from San Diego and they were season tickets. Kings STH get a huge price break so last round I found quite a bit of tickets cheaper than ticketmaster because STH were dumping theirs for a profit but still cheaper than ticketmaster. It is possible that is what happened in your situation? And if it gets closer to the game and you see a bunch of tickets get their prices lowered, it is probably because brokers want to dump their stock than eat the whole cost of the tickets. Something is better than nothing..

mrconie

Feb 16, 2008
I found tickets for $60 a pop in the upper bowl.

Only problem is now I have some people who flaked on me. Does anyone want to buy my extra seats? Send me a PM [MOD EDIT]

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:

Feb 12, 2003
Ticket sales are looking pretty good for Sunday @ Ticketmaster at least. At the start of the Preds series there were many seats still available heading into it and today looking at TM there are only singles for the most part available.

Stubhub seems to have quite a few seats available about 10-20% over gate prices. I would expect those prices to start going up given TM's selection.

awfulwaffle

Jun 20, 2011
Dallas, TX
I got lucky and got tickets for game 2. Question to those of you, how early should we get to the arena to avoid traffic going in? We want to meet up at the bars down there, and grab some drinks.

zz

Nov 1, 2006
I got lucky and got tickets for game 2. Question to those of you, how early should we get to the arena to avoid traffic going in? We want to meet up at the bars down there, and grab some drinks.

1 hour before the game is usually enough to avoid a parking nightmare. Should be enough for a drink as well, but you can forget about food or getting a table. For that, allow at least 2.5 hours.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix

I usually just hang out by the stage and listen to the terrible bands they have out there :laugh:

I like to get their and hour and a half early for parking purposes. 1 hour is manageable but 1:30 is much better.

awfulwaffle

Jun 20, 2011
Dallas, TX
Appreciate the insight guys. I'm not worried about getting a table, and I"m going to be lit before we even arrive at Westgate. I'm getting a ride to and from, so I'll be pleasurably drunk. By the way, anyone have an extra rally towel, because pom pom's just don't do it for me, I'd rather twirl around a rally towel! I really wish I had a white jersey, and not the standard white out shirt I got from the playoffs last year.

Feb 12, 2003
From what I could tell last night appeared to be a sellout. I don't think I saw an empty seat in the house. I'm not sure if that is official or not, I am just reporting my own experience.

Typically a team gets the attendance boost after a run like this. There is no excuse for not selling out for the conference finals, but I would assume that there is going to be quite a substantial season ticket charge for the team compared to the past 2 seasons of lurking ownership issues.

I know I purchased season tickets this spring myself once GJ was formally announced as trying to purchase the team. After the great playoff run they have had as well as trying to reduce the amount of television I consume I decided to go for it after not being a STH the past 3 years but I was 4 years ago.

coyotesfan

Jul 12, 2007
There were over 1,000 left on StubHub at the time you posted this and most were at 60% - 70% of face value. Any new owner tracking this would be discouraged at best. :shakehead

Part of it is that 60-70% of face value more than what STH paid.I think this round I'm only paying $25 a seat. My tickets were gone because I had family who really wanted to go and they gave me what I paid for them.

There really is a big advantage to buying ST if you can put out the money. I keep track of what I sold over the season and I sold 14 out of 41 games and made back the money to pay for one seat. So each of the 27 games I only paid $15 for me and a friend to go.

zz

Nov 1, 2006
From what I could tell last night appeared to be a sellout. I don't think I saw an empty seat in the house. I'm not sure if that is official or not, I am just reporting my own experience.

I'm sure it was officially sold - as in "all available tickets were sold", but there were a few empty seats. Putting white t-shirts on those seats helped them blend in though, so it didn't look too bad.

I saw so many scalpers who didn't what to do with their tickets. I know it was mother's day and all, but the fact that tickets were available at half price 20 minutes before the game is very scary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce