2016 / 2017 Ticket Exchange Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
First person to PM an email address can have these for free!!! I hate to see them wasted.

TeamTourigny

Formally TeamTurris & TeamTippet & TeamTocchet
Jan 16, 2007
Vegas
Can I just say I'm really ****ing pissed off at the Coyotes right now. They must have sold a massive block of tickets to stub hub at a price lower than what season ticket holders pay for tickets. There must be 200 upper bowl tickets for sale on stub hub right now for $25-$30, and there are blocks of them at that. Here I am, purchased extra playoff tickets as a means to sunsidize my aTtendedence, and the team is uner mining their own fans. And what's the end result? Several sections with significant and noticeable lack of attendance. Yea the game may have been a sell out, but at what expense?

The league also partially is to blame, these games would have sold better if they weren't so cloak and dagger about officially releasing the dates and times until Late Wed.

ssmatik

Jul 13, 2007
West Side
Can I just say I'm really ****ing pissed off at the Coyotes right now. They must have sold a massive block of tickets to stub hub at a price lower than what season ticket holders pay for tickets. There must be 200 upper bowl tickets for sale on stub hub right now for $25-$30, and there are blocks of them at that. Here I am, purchased extra playoff tickets as a means to sunsidize my aTtendedence, and the team is uner mining their own fans. And what's the end result? Several sections with significant and noticeable lack of attendance. Yea the game may have been a sell out, but at what expense?

The league also partially is to blame, these games would have sold better if they weren't so cloak and dagger about officially releasing the dates and times until Late Wed.

It was very strange. As we walked in at 5:55 we were offered free tickets 3 times right by the ticket windows.

Another thing that might be a consideration: parking has become a real cluster since they started building the outlets and the parking cuts at UOP. Traffic on 91st trying to get to the football stadium pass parking has been a nightmare. And leaving from the stadium with only 1 exit makes it equally bad. After sitting in the parking lot after a game for another 45 minutes, I could see the casual fan opting to watch on TV.

yotefan4life

Jul 11, 2006
if anyone has extra tickets for free let me know, looking to go tonight but have paid for every game so far these playoffs and cant afford much more lol.

BigJCaRoach

I howl
Sponsor
Oct 5, 2005
The Desert
EDIT: Sucked it up, went to stubhub.

You're 100% right ZZ. Hoping somebody would take pity on my poor self. lol

Last edited:

zz

Nov 1, 2006
Not to sounds like an a-hole, but why would anyone expect discounted tickets from fans who paid full price for them?

doaner

Aug 21, 2008
SURPRISE!
Not to sounds like an a-hole, but why would anyone expect discounted tickets from fans who paid full price for them?

Good question. This isn't preseason. This is the playoffs. I guess it doesn't hurt to ask, but never expect free or highly discounted tickets. That's just asinine.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
I am a Coyotes fan and a season ticket holder but I must say there is really something wrong when you can't sell playoff tickets to the second round for even face value. So far in the 3 games in Phoenix I have given away one set, sold second set for just over half of ticketmaster price, and can't sell one of game number 3. These stats don't lie.

Feb 12, 2003
The first round had a much stronger market due to Chicago and the games were positioned on the days of the week better. Game 5 being on a Monday night doesn't help, and against Nashville it's an even worse sell. Don't get me wrong, I am with you in that this one should be sold out and the secondary market should be seller friendly, but it's just not.

I know for myself I have been a bit in shock as I counted on purchasing up to 4 games in the first round but it honestly never occurred to me past the first round. I've now purchased tickets to 6 of the games (all of the playoff home games) and I'm sure there are others that cannot afford it. This run will help to attract new fans, but the ownership cloud is still hanging low over the organization. A conference or Cup final appearance and ownership settled is going to be selling out the building next year.

Dirty Old Man

So funny I forgot to laugh
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2008
Ostrich City
I am a Coyotes fan and a season ticket holder but I must say there is really something wrong when you can't sell playoff tickets to the second round for even face value. So far in the 3 games in Phoenix I have given away one set, sold second set for just over half of ticketmaster price, and can't sell one of game number 3. These stats don't lie.

Might be time for you to get a new marketing strategy? :nod:

Howler Scores

Mar 13, 2011
Maricopa County
I sold my tickets for tonight at face value. I did it early enough so people could plan to go. Lots of people have to adjust their work schedules to make it to the West side. I for one couldnt today but I plan on being at that stadium on Friday or hopefully Monday for the start of Round 3/final four.

It also doenst help that the games are on random stations. I keep thinking if ESPN would have done the same thing (I.E. sticking games on ESPN Classic) if they won the bidding war. The casual fan wont turn to CNBC to look for sports:)

mrconie

Feb 16, 2008
Please let me know if you have any extra tickets for purchase.

Not for free!

Although someone from this board has been nice enough to give me free tickets before.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad