2016 / 2017 Ticket Exchange Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ClassLessCoyote

Staying classy
Jun 10, 2009
I'm not surprised by the resale value given this teams history. Things would be different if we had the history of the Avs along with this kind of team we have now.

TeamTourigny

Formally TeamTurris & TeamTippet & TeamTocchet
Jan 16, 2007
Vegas
I am baffled, game 3 in LA has stubhub listings for bad upperbowls (300 level) for $115 ea, we on the other hand have the same offering for $26 ea. seriously does our market suck that bad? Both games are a 6p start do the whole traffic being a pain is nullified. What's the difference here? The Kings have sucked for the greater part of the past decade equally as much as us, so I struggle to see it being a Coyotes have no history of wining...

Feb 12, 2003
I imagine the general population of the LA area helps their supply/demand equation. I could be wrong on that, but it makes sense if they have a larger general population that there would be more people trying to access those tickets.

Google data says LA's population is 3.8 million while Phoenix has 1.4 million. I know suburbs are likely not included in that data, but again I would think it would favor LA over Phoenix.

kihekah19*

Oct 25, 2010
Phoenix, Arizona
I am baffled, game 3 in LA has stubhub listings for bad upperbowls (300 level) for $115 ea, we on the other hand have the same offering for $26 ea. seriously does our market suck that bad? Both games are a 6p start do the whole traffic being a pain is nullified. What's the difference here? The Kings have sucked for the greater part of the past decade equally as much as us, so I struggle to see it being a Coyotes have no history of wining...

In a word YES.

All the excuses in the world - the drive, fan base is all in the east valley, Mothers day, no ownership, team was bad (although not bad enough for top draft picks) for a decade and Westgate smells funny, can't hide the fact that there were empty seats for a CONFERENCE FINALS GAME!

It's nothing short of pathetic and as I've said before - it's gonna take someone with a large "set" to purchase a team in this market.

kihekah19*

Oct 25, 2010
Phoenix, Arizona
Part of it is that 60-70% of face value more than what STH paid.I think this round I'm only paying $25 a seat. My tickets were gone because I had family who really wanted to go and they gave me what I paid for them.

There really is a big advantage to buying ST if you can put out the money. I keep track of what I sold over the season and I sold 14 out of 41 games and made back the money to pay for one seat. So each of the 27 games I only paid $15 for me and a friend to go.

Not really sure just what the hell you're saying in your fist sentence, but I can tell you that anyone interested in buying this team would / should be interested in the number of seats selling at face value. If season ticket holders are having to try and sell seats they purchased at their reduced rate for less than that rate for a conference finals game, there is a problem.

Nobody is paying $25.00 this round as a sth. the breakdown is:

$22.50
$37.50
$67.50
$90.00
$120.00
$160.00
$270.00
$300.00
$360.00
$510.00

Purchase a season of extra seats at your rate and see how much fun it is to manage a ridiculously small portion of this franchise and then do it for the playoffs and bear witness to this pathetic, apathetic market for what it is.

zz

Nov 1, 2006
I have to agree. $ 26 tickets for a conference final clearly shows there's no market here. I always assumed Phoenix sports fans would jump on the bandwagon once we were successful... I was soooo wrong.

And no, I don't buy the whole population / lack of cash argument. That's complete BS. There are much, much smaller markets out there who would gladly pay $100+ for a nosebleed seat in a game like this one. We've got hundreds of thousands of upper middle class and wealthy people in this town. They just really don't like hockey, plain and simple.

MollerManor

Feb 18, 2009
and on all your depressing notes about cheap tickets, I have 1 extra ticket in section 120 row O for $35 if anyone is interested. It is cheap for you because you have to sit next to 3 loud kings fans. PM me if interested.

edit: lowered the price.

Last edited:

kihekah19*

Oct 25, 2010
Phoenix, Arizona
I have to agree. $ 26 tickets for a conference final clearly shows there's no market here. I always assumed Phoenix sports fans would jump on the bandwagon once we were successful... I was soooo wrong.

And no, I don't buy the whole population / lack of cash argument. That's complete BS. There are much, much smaller markets out there who would gladly pay $100+ for a nosebleed seat in a game like this one. We've got hundreds of thousands of upper middle class and wealthy people in this town. They just really don't like hockey, plain and simple.

Apparently they don't like it enough to shell out the required amount of dollars. Sort of reminds me of some folks I've run into that were so ignorant as to say that the Coyotes ruined hockey in the valley; in that it costs more than they paid for what they described as "real hockey", also known as the Roadrunners.

Perhaps it comes down to two classes of people those that want to watch the best and are willing to pay for it and those that are content to watch anything else.... as long as its cheap.

PhoPhan

Feb 27, 2002
I still think it's too early to call this market dead. You don't build a fanbase overnight. The rewards for this run will be reaped down the road, assuming there is a "down the road" at all.

TeamTourigny

Jan 16, 2007
Vegas
keep in mind you have to tack an additional 12% on top of any stub hub listed price. Its still very pathetic for this market.

What I just dont get is how fickle this market is.
My extra tix for upper bowl sold for these prices

Rd1 Gm1 $60ea
Rd1 Gm2 $78ea
Rd1 Gm5 $95ea

Rd2 Gm1 $0
Rd2 Gm2 $40ea
Rd3 Gm3 $65ea

Rd3 Gm1 $95ea
Rd3 Gm2 ?

EDIT: I think it demonstrations how fickle Kings fans are, you're telling me If I could purchase a ticket to game 3 in LA for $30 or $40 I wouldnt drop what i was doing for a road trip?

kihekah19*

Oct 25, 2010
Phoenix, Arizona
and on all your depressing notes about cheap tickets, I have 1 extra ticket in section 120 row O for $45 if anyone is interested. It is cheap for you because you have to sit next to 3 loud kings fans. PM me if interested.

There you have it a $127.50 face ticket that an sth could have purchased for $67.50 NOT sold as of yet for $45.00

All with the added bonus of being able to smugly (should the Yotes do what they should) sit next to some kings fans!

kihekah19*

Oct 25, 2010
Phoenix, Arizona
I still think it's too early to call this market dead. You don't build a fanbase overnight. The rewards for this run will be reaped down the road, assuming there is a "down the road" at all.

Who said it's dead? Hell it's only been 15 years. :sarcasm:

Just gonna take someone with a big set.

kihekah19*

Oct 25, 2010
Phoenix, Arizona
keep in mind you have to tack an additional 12% on top of any stub hub listed price. Its still very pathetic for this market.

What I just dont get is how fickle this market is.
My extra tix for upper bowl sold for these prices

Rd1 Gm1 $60ea
Rd1 Gm2 $78ea
Rd1 Gm5 $95ea

Rd2 Gm1 $0
Rd2 Gm2 $40ea
Rd3 Gm3 $65ea

Rd3 Gm1 $95ea
Rd3 Gm2 ?

EDIT: I think it demonstrations how fickle Kings fans are, you're telling me If I could purchase a ticket to game 3 in LA for $30 or $40 I wouldnt drop what i was doing for a road trip?

This has been my experience with extra lower end seats:

Rd1 Gm1 $105ea.
Rd1 Gm2 $105ea.
Rd1 Gm3 $112ea.

Rd2 Gm1 $90ea.
Rd2 Gm2 $75ea.
Rd2 Gm3 $118ea.

Rd3 Gm1 $0
Rd3 Gm2 $80ea.

Now I was able to give Rd3 Gm1 to a two tour Iraq vet. and I feel good about that, but it doesn't say much for the market. Also, when I purchase extras for the regular season the year after we took Detroit to seven games (foolishly thinking folks would want to go to games), I fell short of recouping my dollars invested.... in fact it would have been pretty ugly had we not faced the Redwings again in the first round. Although what we saw on the ice was pretty ugly. :)

Feb 12, 2003
Who said it's dead? Hell it's only been 15 years. :sarcasm:

Just gonna take someone with a big set.

I'm starting to notice a very negative trend with you. It seems like every post going back the past two months from you was pretty negative towards the Coyotes. Are you just a pessimist or actually trolling?

MollerManor

Feb 18, 2009

Not to start a war with you, but it doesn't really matter what the price is for tickets, the vast majority of us kings fans would still drive out to phoenix to watch them play. i was more than willing to pay $125 a ticket for tonights game.

TeamTourigny

Jan 16, 2007
Vegas
Not to start a war with you, but it doesn't really matter what the price is for tickets, the vast majority of us kings fans would still drive out to phoenix to watch them play. i was more than willing to pay $125 a ticket for tonights game.

There wasn't a ton of Kings fans in admittance Sunday, compared to Wings and Hawks
buuuuutttt you're missing the point, the why is the supply/ demand so out of whack here? Drive out here then! Buy our ridiculously cheap tickets. You can still make a 6p start time if you leave now.

ClassLessCoyote

Staying classy
Jun 10, 2009

I imagine the general population of the LA area helps their supply/demand equation. I could be wrong on that, but it makes sense if they have a larger general population that there would be more people trying to access those tickets.

Google data says LA's population is 3.8 million while Phoenix has 1.4 million. I know suburbs are likely not included in that data, but again I would think it would favor LA over Phoenix.

To add:
Kings have been more successful in the playoffs along with having more star players.
People in the LA Area have more money to spend.
Kings have never experenced an ownership mess like the Coyotes have.

I'm willing to bet too that these prices would be higher as well if Coyotes never went into bankruptcy.

Last edited:

kihekah19*

Oct 25, 2010
Phoenix, Arizona
I'm starting to notice a very negative trend with you. It seems like every post going back the past two months from you was pretty negative towards the Coyotes. Are you just a pessimist or actually trolling?

I think somehow you've got me mistaken with someone else.

The Coyotes are performing admirably and I am thoroughly impressed with there discipline, determination and endurance. I have NEVER addressed this team or any of it's losses from a sky is falling and changes need to be made approach.

The fan base? Well, that's an entirely different matter.

edit: forgot HARD WORK

Last edited:

kihekah19*

Oct 25, 2010
Phoenix, Arizona
There wasn't a ton of Kings fans in admittance Sunday, compared to Wings and Hawks
buuuuutttt you're missing the point, the why is the supply/ demand so out of whack here? Drive out here then! Buy our ridiculously cheap tickets. You can still make a 6p start time if you leave now.

There sure weren't many King fans.... to put it mildly.

That leads to the source of my main frustration with this entire fan base and community. The majority of Chicago fans were no more current Chicago residents than I (was one for my first seventeen years some decades ago), but they manage to show for a team that does nothing for the community they currently inhabit.

ClassLessCoyote

Staying classy
Jun 10, 2009
Looking over at the Sharks board there is much talk about fans either not renewing their season tickets or looking to pay less by moving on up. OUCH! I don't think the team will take an attendence hit though despite never making it to the Cup Final and having the kind of season they had this season.

MollerManor

Feb 18, 2009

I already did and I am already on my way. :) I have an extra ticket in 120 if you wanna buy it for $25.

And I dont have an answer for you, although you shouldnt use wings/hawks/bruins fans as a scale. they are everywhere, including at staples.

kihekah19*

Oct 25, 2010
Phoenix, Arizona
I already did and I am already on my way. :) I have an extra ticket in 120 if you wanna buy it for $25.

And I dont have an answer for you, although you shouldnt use wings/hawks/bruins fans as a scale. they are everywhere, including at staples.

:laugh: Keep lowering it and maybe, just maybe someone in this nutless puking fan base will bite!

That's how it's starting to work around here and my fear is that a price threshold has been met. Sad (if true) for the greatest game on earth.

MollerManor

Feb 18, 2009
:laugh: Keep lowering it and maybe, just maybe someone in this nutless puking fan base will bite!

That's how it's starting to work around here and my fear is that a price threshold has been met. Sad (if true) for the greatest game on earth.

finally sold it for $35. jeez guys, its tough out there.

TeamTourigny

Jan 16, 2007
Vegas
Yup $35 is the threshold, lowered mine and they sold. I'm just amazed at how much this price fluctuates from game to game.

Really the other issue might simply be local knowledge, how many casual fans think to check stubhub et al if the game is sold out via ticket master?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad