Proposal: 2016-17 Trade Rumours and Proposals Thread Part VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bileur

Jun 15, 2004
Ottawa
I really feel with Boucher here being in control, the way the team is playing, we can stomach this deal.

Buff: Ryan
Ott: E. Kane.

Ryan needs a change of scenery, whatever he had going in Anaheim isn't working in Ottawa for him, let him go be good with the Sabre's. I think Tim Murray is probably the only GM that would take Ryan on.

I'd do it to get out of the contract.

Leaving aside the attitude concerns, I've always thought Kane would be a very interesting fit at wing with Turris.

Last edited:

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes
Where would you slot in Dubinsky?

Id have Pageau or Brassard move to the wing.

Smith-Turris-Stone
Saad-Brassard-Pageau
Dzingel-Dubinsky-Lazar

or

Saad-Turris-Stone
Brassard-Dubinsky-Dzingel
Smith-Pageau-Lazar

Erik Alfredsson

Beast Mode Cowboy!
Jan 14, 2012
Detroit might consider rebuilding this year. If they weren't on such long contracts I would be interested in getting one of Abdelkader or Helm.

operasen

Apr 27, 2004
Dorion won't sit idle forever. He'll be doing something soon if it does not ramp up with the scoring. I have the opinion he is not a vested in the current roster as others might be (HF members included).

I could easily see Hammond, Puempel on the block. I wonder who of the major talent would be there. My guess is Ryan. Not producing for the $$ he's making and really do not care to wait while he figures things out (again).

I think there is a Top 6 RW out there somewhere he'll want to bring over.

DSJW

Jun 29, 2016
We need to make one or two lateral trades of our core players,the mix we have now obviously isnt working,time to mix up the core a little bit

operasen

Apr 27, 2004
We need to make one or two lateral trades of our core players,the mix we have now obviously isnt working,time to mix up the core a little bit

Ceci, Ryan - Trouba, Armia

Wonder if Jets would be at all interested. Throw them Hammond if they want a sweeter deal for a 3rd or 4th.

Pancakes Pancakes

Aug 3, 2005
Tank Nation
Dorion won't sit idle forever. He'll be doing something soon if it does not ramp up with the scoring. I have the opinion he is not a vested in the current roster as others might be (HF members included).

I could easily see Hammond, Puempel on the block. I wonder who of the major talent would be there. My guess is Ryan. Not producing for the $$ he's making and really do not care to wait while he figures things out (again).

I think there is a Top 6 RW out there somewhere he'll want to bring over.

I wish I could believe that. Sens have a pretty good record, one that is not reflective of the actual team unfortunately. I think this team will start losing their fair amount of games sooner, rather than later, then we will see some changes. Keep in mind the expansion draft...any trades this year are complicated by the fact that GM's need to factor that in.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
I think we played pretty well for the first 10 games (with a couple exceptions, which is to be expected). The last 7 or so have been less than stellar.

The good news is we are capable of better, we proved it earlier in the season when were doing a much better job of keep shots, and quality chances down.

The question is really what is the cause of the last stretch of poor play.

1. Is it guys cheating to create offense, and no longer playing the system
2. Is it problems with the system itself; Boucher said he was going to work on the offensive side, and that seems to have correlated with the decline
3. Is it injuries adding up?
4. Is it just one of those stretches every team goes through?

One thing to me is for sure; this team won't make the playoffs unless Stone and Hoffman both play a lot better than they have. Lots of people are complaining about Ryan and Brassard, but it's the latter two that imo have been the biggest disappointments.

I don't think lateral trades to shake things up will help, and any trades we make right now won't be from a position of power, so we're likely to lose.

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
I can definitely see Dorion trading Ryan if he comes back and continues to slump.

This year is the one with the expansion draft looming.

He seems to be the player that fits Boucher's style the least.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
There is a 0.1% chance they trade Horvat. In any case, I don't think he should be a target. We need plus skaters on this team. Horvat is not known for his skating.

Likely right that Vancouver would not go out of their way to trade Horvat for good reason.

About his skating... I do not think his skating is an issue at all. He's not a burner but it's not a draw back. His hockey IQ is outstanding.

Other remarks

YDQ724.jpg

JcUMjb.jpg
- Hockey News

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
Saad would be excellent for this team... Sadly I think we'd have to give them back Ryan in that deal and the speculation is that they would trade Saad for cap purposes, so IDK if that can work out.

Saad-Turris-Dzingel
Hoffman-Brassard-Stone
Smith-Pageau-Lazar

:amazed:

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
That's steep. Too steep.

I wouldn't trade just Hoffman alone for those two, maybe Ryan though, Saad is streaky & Dubinsky is a 3rd line player in Ottawa at best. Hoffman led this team in goals the last two seasons, it's still too early to quit on him.

Looks like evander Kane about to go to the Canucks.

I'd take a chance on E. Kane, the guy is a hothead who lacks a filter but he has some talent & he is tough. He could help our top 6 but what would it take to get him? I'd do Ryan but would prefer Hammond, Puempel & Pageau or Lazar for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad