Proposal: 2016-17 Trade Rumours and Proposals Thread Part VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
I really feel with Boucher here being in control, the way the team is playing, we can stomach this deal.

Buff: Ryan
Ott: E. Kane.

Ryan needs a change of scenery, whatever he had going in Anaheim isn't working in Ottawa for him, let him go be good with the Saber's. I think Tim Murray is probably the only GM that would take Ryan on.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Lots of scouts in Ottawa & Bingo

Hoffman for Trouba

Lazar & Ceci for Skinner

This is pretty similar to my suggestion last year of

Hoffman for shattenkirk

Ceci for drouin.

people hated the proposal so much because "ceci has enormous potential might be better than shattenkirk soon" and "drouin will be in Europe permanently very soon because he will never be able to crack the NHL"

Some other very unparliamentary words were used.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010

Hoffman for shattenkirk

Ceci for drouin.

people hated the proposal so much because "ceci has enormous potential might be better than shattenkirk soon" and "drouin will be in Europe permanently very soon because he will never be able to crack the NHL"

I don't think most people hated the proposal because Ceci could become better than Shattenkirk, they hatted it because Shattenkirk is in line for a huge pay day, and is a UFA and the end of this season.

Ceci for Drouin is fine if you can replace Ceci with a viable long term option, which you kind of address, but with a high degree of uncertainty.

In both cases, the other team would likely have asked for a '+' as well.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
The Drouin ship has sailed unfortunately. We should have done whatever we could to land him, I said that from the start.

Ceci for Drouin in a vacuum worked (I take Drouin 10/10) but we had huge D issues at the time. I understand not making that trade.

**** I wish we had Drouin

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
The Drouin ship has sailed unfortunately. We should have done whatever we could to land him, I said that from the start.

Ceci for Drouin in a vacuum worked (I take Drouin 10/10) but we had huge D issues at the time. I understand not making that trade.

**** I wish we had Drouin

How's he looked this year, I haven't watched much of Tbay, but his mins seem down from what he was getting in the playoffs, as does his production; 3 ES assists, 4 on the PP and that's it.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
How's he looked this year, I haven't watched much of Tbay, but his mins seem down from what he was getting in the playoffs, as does his production; 3 ES assists, 4 on the PP and that's it.

He's looked very dangerous in the games I've seen. Should have more than 6 points in 11 games. He only played 17 seconds one game and left another in the 1st.

He's seeing top line minutes in a majority of the games (20 seconds behind Filpula and Kucherov for most last night).

He reads the play and sees the ice among the best (top 5) in the league.

Only a matter of time until he's a superstar

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
I'd be interested in Anthony Mantha who IMO has the potential to turn into another Mark Stone type of player.

Nope. Mantha has had bust written all over him since his draft year. His biggest asset is his reach, but it isn't that much of an advantage in the NHL where everyone is big. Kid is warm-butter soft.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Nope. Mantha has had bust written all over him since his draft year. His biggest asset is his reach, but it isn't that much of an advantage in the NHL where everyone is big. Kid is warm-butter soft.

well he'd still be bigger than average in the nhl. I don't know much about his development, but at the time of the draft he's one of the guys I was hoping to take a swing on. can't really say one way or the other till he gets a season under his belt. (if he gets that chance)
He's scored plenty in the ahl and is 2g 2a in 12 nhl games. not busted yet.

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013

Hoffman for shattenkirk

Ceci for drouin.

Hoffman for shattenkirk? Easy yes.

Ceci for drouin still makes this team worse. We cant afford to trade young, cost controlled top 4 dmen.

Woulkdnt be surprised if tampa would still consider a ceci for drouin trade

Can't do one without the other and i dont think the Blues trade Shattenkirk. Hes to important

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
well he'd still be bigger than average in the nhl. I don't know much about his development, but at the time of the draft he's one of the guys I was hoping to take a swing on. can't really say one way or the other till he gets a season under his belt. (if he gets that chance)

He put up points in the WJC, but when I watched him, pretty much all he did was hang out near the crease to use his reach to poke in pucks. Same in junior. Problem is, he doesn't use his weight to stay around the crease....and that will sink him in the NHL.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
He put up points in the WJC, but when I watched him, pretty much all he did was hang out near the crease to use his reach to poke in pucks. Same in junior. Problem is, he doesn't use his weight to stay around the crease....and that will sink him in the NHL.

i saw some great shifts by him in the wjc (iirc)

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Hoffman for shattenkirk? Easy yes.

Ceci for drouin still makes this team worse. We cant afford to trade young, cost controlled top 4 dmen.

And if Shattenkirk decides he'd rather test the open market at the end of the year, what then?

At the end of the day, you think of it as would we trade Ceci for Shattenkirk, and Hoffman for Drouin. In a vacuum, yes to both, but Ceci and Hoffman are locked up, Shattenkirk is a UFA. Drouin at least is a controlled asset (who know how much he'll cost though) for another 5 years. Contracts considered, Drouin I'd easily do, Shattenkirk is really risky.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Ceci and Hoffman for draisaitl + peice.

Turn around real quick Logan brown and lazar for trouba.

This is pretty steep for draisaitl.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Ceci and Hoffman for draisaitl + peice.

Turn around real quick Logan brown and lazar for trouba.

This is pretty steep for draisaitl.

Hmm...

I think I like it; Drai seems to me like a legit 1st line center with greater upside and more likely to reach it than Brown. He's still young so it's not mortgaging the future.

Ceci gets replaced in the lineup by Trouba. While I'm not as high on Trouba as others are around here it seems, I won't complain about that swap if it's needed to make the Drai thing work.

The problem is we then need to do something about our LW, because a LW depth of Dzingel, Smith, Puempel, isn't going to cut it. We could move Brass or Turris to fill that gap, or go after stop gaps at UFA.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Hmm...

I think I like it; Drai seems to me like a legit 1st line center with greater upside and more likely to reach it than Brown. He's still young so it's not mortgaging the future.

Ceci gets replaced in the lineup by Trouba. While I'm not as high on Trouba as others are around here it seems, I won't complain about that swap if it's needed to make the Drai thing work.

The problem is we then need to do something about our LW, because a LW depth of Dzingel, Smith, Puempel, isn't going to cut it. We could move Brass or Turris to fill that gap, or go after stop gaps at UFA.
My idea is play drai LW until I can figure out how to fix it

Could be a turris one for one swap with a good LW. Or. try and get evander Kane for cheap if at all possible?

Mingus Dew

Microphone Assassin
Oct 7, 2013
Do Ceci and Hoffman land us Drai? I'm not sure if Edmonton does that deal.

Ceci for Drouin would have been a slam dunk in my opinion. Granted I'm not very high on Ceci (although I haven't been able to watch him much this year, so I'm uninformed).

Senateurs

Let's win it all
Feb 28, 2007
Zibby played well with Silf and Hoffman.

Unless you're talking about Bingo, these three players have never played together.

Maybe you're thinking about Zibby, Silf, Latendresse.

The 2 Swedes and a meatball line.

Erik Alfredsson

Beast Mode Cowboy!
Jan 14, 2012
If Ottawa is willing to make a trade they shouldn't limit themselves to young players. If there's a legit top 6 LW available but he's 30 then I still think Ottawa should go for it.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Unless you're talking about Bingo, these three players have never played together.

Maybe you're thinking about Zibby, Silf, Latendresse.

The 2 Swedes and a meatball line.

Not sure he meant as a line, but just that Zib did well with Hoff, and did well with Silf. Silf was traded before Hoffman really made the team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad