Proposal: 2016-17 Trade Rumours and Proposals Thread Part VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

50 in 07

Feb 10, 2016
Can we talk some more about Mrazek and what it would take?

...just asking.

He's not for sale. He's the future for their team, they have no incentive to move him bar insane overpayment by us which of course is never going to happen.

Therefore any talk about acquiring him is pointless.

Blotto71

I was wrong...the worst is NOT behind us.
May 12, 2013
Over There
He's not for sale. He's the future for their team, they have no incentive to move him bar insane overpayment by us which of course is never going to happen.

Therefore any talk about acquiring him is pointless.

Ok then. Seems like a logical argument. I trust that same logic will be reflected in all future trade discussion on this board.

50 in 07

Feb 10, 2016
Ok then. Seems like a logical argument. I trust that same logic will be reflected in all future trade discussion on this board.

He's a 24 year old #1 goalie for a divisional rival which has no successor apparent. With the expansion draft looming he isn't available. Pretty logical imo. Unless you can think of a reason why it would make sense from their end.

Blotto71

May 12, 2013
Over There
He's a 24 year old #1 goalie for a divisional rival which has no successor apparent. With the expansion draft looming he isn't available. Pretty logical imo. Unless you can think of a reason why it would make sense from their end.

I believe it was I who suggested you had presented a logical argument. No sarcasm intended. I hope to see the logic employed when others suggest trades that are equally as unlikely to occur.

Liver King

Jan 23, 2016
so, we need a top 6 forward & a number 1 goalie. We may even need a top 4 d soon enough.

should be a piece of cake.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
so, we need a top 6 forward & a number 1 goalie. We may even need a top 4 d soon enough.

should be a piece of cake.

I think Ryan Dzingel is giving us every reason to think he's going to step up into MacArthur's role, no need yet for a top 6 forward.

It'd be nice to have a reliable back up for Anderson, I've been saying that since last year.

I think the big need still lies in the form of a good bottom pairing guy who can play some top 4 minutes here and there, especially if Chabot is designated back to junior.

ChelFan31

Mar 22, 2016
Tobias Enstrom to really solidify our D, put everyone in better slotting. Thoughts? Assets required to actually acquire him?

Liver King

Jan 23, 2016
I think Ryan Dzingel is giving us every reason to think he's going to step up into MacArthur's role, no need yet for a top 6 forward.

It'd be nice to have a reliable back up for Anderson, I've been saying that since last year.

I think the big need still lies in the form of a good bottom pairing guy who can play some top 4 minutes here and there, especially if Chabot is designated back to junior.

I think Dzingel playing in the bottom 6 is exactly where he should be. He is having success in a limited role with likewise line mates and should continue to stay their this season. A top 6 LW would put both Smith and Dzingel in the bottom 6 turning it into a huge strength for us.

It would be nice to have a better goalie than Anderson.

ChelFan31

Mar 22, 2016
Wouldn't mind also taking a flyer on Mac Weegar from Florida. Would be cheap. Wouldn't cost us overabundance of assets. Has some potential. Looks setup like he's about to have a breakout year. Can move the puck. Offensive instincts, was good in Q and so far in Ahl. Got some jam also, isn't afraid to shy from the body. A potential hidden gem. Could be solid 4-5 dman one day soon. Worth a shot I think.

Beville

#ForTheBoys
Mar 4, 2011
Engerlanddd!
I believe it was I who suggested you had presented a logical argument. No sarcasm intended. I hope to see the logic employed when others suggest trades that are equally as unlikely to occur.

Okay I'll put it to you this;

What would it take to trade the following;

Quick
Crawford
Lundqvist

The only reason I'm throwing those guys in, is because they're the bonafide #1 on their teams. Like Detroit, they have no reason to trade away their #1 unless it's for a significant overpayment. The only difference is these guys are older than Petr.

Enough logic? :shakehead

Blotto71

May 12, 2013
Over There
Okay I'll put it to you this;

What would it take to trade the following;

Quick
Crawford
Lundqvist

The only reason I'm throwing those guys in, is because they're the bonafide #1 on their teams. Like Detroit, they have no reason to trade away their #1 unless it's for a significant overpayment. The only difference is these guys are older than Petr.

Enough logic? :shakehead

I don't know why you're arguing with me - I agreed your point was logical. I suggested that it was my hope that others would employ the same logic in their proposals. B the logic you present why would Tampa trade Bishop? Why would the Pens trade Fleury?

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Those two players have massively different values right now...

Let Aneheim take their pick and we make the trade. Their GM really liked Noessen so I think he has a thing for big, 2 way Right wingers.

Imagine

Lindholm - EK
Methot - Ceci
Phaneuf - Wideman

YouGotAStuGoing

Mar 26, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
I don't know why you're arguing with me - I agreed your point was logical. I suggested that it was my hope that others would employ the same logic in their proposals. B the logic you present why would Tampa trade Bishop? Why would the Pens trade Fleury?

Simple – both teams have goalies they believe to be their future #1 in the pipeline (Vasilevsky, Martin.) Los Angeles, Chicago and New York don't have that luxury.

Swedish House

Jun 17, 2015
Im just curious what do you guys think it would need to ''Extra protect'' MAF at the expansion draft.

Like what they have to give LV for them to not pick Fleury (and they have Murray protected)

It will be my first expansion as a hockey fan.

Thanks,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad