Proposal: 2016-17 Trade Rumours and Proposals Thread Part VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com
Well bye bye Hammond.

Dealt or waived for sure now. Likely waived because if he clears and refuses to still go down Sens can terminate his contract and Melnyk I'm sure would love the extra money

ekarlsson65

Jan 11, 2015
Ottawa

God I wish I could find the thread from this past summer where guys were writing about how great Hammond was as a solid backup and look at his SV% and all that garbage. "He's better than Reimer"...ya ok.

In the bigger picture, Dorion is no different than Murray. Condon comes in, plays well 2 of 3 games, they justify acquiring a 3rd goalie because they weren't sure of Anderson's status, proceed to place Hammond on waivers. Recency bias is a real thing

RICKY SPANISH

Aug 16, 2016
Well bye bye Hammond.

Dealt or waived for sure now. Likely waived because if he clears and refuses to still go down Sens can terminate his contract and Melnyk I'm sure would love the extra money

Edit; Nvm.

Wow, Andrew.

Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

There can't be that much interest in him if he's being waived.

Last edited:

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
God I wish I could find the thread from this past summer where guys were writing about how great Hammond was as a solid backup and look at his SV% and all that garbage. "He's better than Reimer"...ya ok.

In the bigger picture, Dorion is no different than Murray. Condon comes in, plays well 2 of 3 games, they justify acquiring a 3rd goalie because they weren't sure of Anderson's status, proceed to place Hammond on waivers. Recency bias is a real thing

What I really don't get. And this isn't coming from any bias. I care little for condon or Hammond.

But why did we acquire Condon? We could have given driedger a few games.

But maybe Dorion simply didn't think hunk Hammond could cut it as a backup Which is fair.

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
Also Hamilton is very similar to Ceci. Both are young and have had trouble cementing themselves as top 4 D. Would rather hang on to Ceci.

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
I think Hamilton is better than ceci and might always be. His contract is an issue.

How many times have you watched him? From what I've seen they are pretty similar right now. Hamilton better offensively the past 3 years (about even this year), Ceci a bit better defensively.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
How many times have you watched him? From what I've seen they are pretty similar right now. Hamilton better offensively the past 3 years (about even this year), Ceci a bit better defensively.

? Ceci is better defensively than VeRY few defensmen in the NHL.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Same can be said for Hamilton. I assume you haven't watched him play much.

Haha and I assume you know all there is to know about dougie Hamilton?

I've watched him play enough. In both Boston and Calgary. He's not perfect and has had his issues. None of which are as bad as the issues ceci has gone through.

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
Haha and I assume you know all there is to know about dougie Hamilton?

I've watched him play enough. In both Boston and Calgary. He's not perfect and has had his issues. None of which are as bad as the issues ceci has gone through.

Well I watched him more than the handful of games you have, so I can safely say he is worse than Ceci defensively.

Scrub*

Team Canada
Dec 28, 2008
Would be nice to deal hoffman before his NMC kicks in. Get some players that will fit Boucher's system or picks.

Uchiha

Jun 14, 2014
Hamilton is better than Ceci both defensively and offensively. Bianco is correct.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad