Salary Cap: 2016-17 Roster Building XXVI | Trade Deadline Watch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Penske

Kunitz wasn't there
Jan 13, 2016
From what the "insiders" are saying ther Avs want a young LHD, they've mentioned that a good young goalie is also something that could interest them.

Thats why ive been thinking Maata, Jarry and a 1st.

From what Kirk said the other day is that the Avs are pushing for a young F of our but we want to give a 1st. Which makes sense if its something along the lines of Maata, Jarry + (1st/Sprong/Guentzel). IMO

If the price was Maatta, Jarry and a 1st I'd think it'd be done already.

WheresRamziAbid

Oct 31, 2013
I think the other piece will be maybe a decent prospect.

I know we haven't seen it yet, but I know JR has a rep for overpaying when he wants something.

So would he throw a first on that pile knowing how close the Pens are to doing something special?

I dunno... just throwing it out there...

I don't get the Jarry angle though. They have good goalie prospects...

I dont know much about what they have below the NHL level, just echoing the "insiders" but i know they dont have anything special on the active roster.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sep 5, 2008
Agree do Sprong over the gunz

Not to nitpick, but let's not call him Gunz. Makes me think he's some ****** from Long Island with a popped collar and a flatbrim hat with the sticker still on it.

Besides, it's Guentzel, like Gent'zel. :laugh:

PensArmy

Feb 11, 2017
Not to nitpick, but let's not call him Gunz. Makes me think he's some ****** from Long Island with a popped collar and a flatbrim hat with the sticker still on it.

Besides, it's Guentzel, like Gent'zel. :laugh:
Lol, I just went with Gunz, spell check keeps changing it

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sep 5, 2008
I think Maatta + Sheary probably gets it done, to be honest. Steep price to pay, but Duchene's a Hell of a player, fits this team to a T, and is versatile enough to play all over the lineup giving Sullivan that matchup nightmare he loves.

EndlessBigMacs

Apr 27, 2016
Pittsburgh
[/B]
From what the "insiders" are saying ther Avs want a young LHD, they've mentioned that a good young goalie is also something that could interest them.

Thats why ive been thinking Maata, Jarry and a 1st.

From what Kirk said the other day is that the Avs are pushing for a young F of our but we want to give a 1st. Which makes sense if its something along the lines of Maata, Jarry + (1st/Sprong/Guentzel). IMO

32 years old isn't that old :sarcasm::sarcasm:

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
I think Maatta + Sheary probably gets it done, to be honest. Steep price to pay, but Duchene's a Hell of a player, fits this team to a T, and is versatile enough to play all over the lineup giving Sullivan that matchup nightmare he loves.

Pens really should not trade mini Crosby even if it's for Duchene.

Riptide

Dec 29, 2011
Yukon

Except that we're really doing a number to our 1st line for this year.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
I dont know much about what they have below the NHL level, just echoing the "insiders" but i know they dont have anything special on the active roster.

I won't pretend to know either, but Avs fans were adamant they had "two goalie prospects better than Jarry", in an older Landeskog thread.

Jarry is one of the best goalies in the A, so their goalie prospects must be amazing.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sep 5, 2008
Pens really should not trade mini Crosby even if it's for Duchene.

084.png

You don't think Duchene is an upgrade over Sheary? If not simply in terms of role/production, then at least in versatility? Is that you, Steigy? :laugh:

Disclaimer: I understand and appreciate Sheary's play and production before his injury, but I don't really believe that was really too sustainable. Sid was playing on another level which not only directly helps Sheary in terms of goals and assists, it also made a lot more room for the guy by drawing defenders away.

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
I feel like the ROR deal is a good basis.

Zadorov was no better than Maatta is now. And Grigorenko had yet to even be an NHL regular.

PensArmy

Feb 11, 2017
I won't pretend to know either, but Avs fans were adamant they had "two goalie prospects better than Jarry", in an older Landeskog thread.

Jarry is one of the best goalies in the A, so their goalie prospects must be amazing.

They were probably talking about Martin Spencer a 3rd pick in 2013, average at best
I would dare to say AVS fans don't know much about pens prospects and the same for pen fans knowing alot about there prospects

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
084.png

You don't think Duchene is an upgrade over Sheary? If not simply in terms of role/production, then at least in versatility? Is that you, Steigy? :laugh:

So we can have Kunitz on the top line? Also I rather add to that line. Having a top line of Sheary-Crosby-Duchene every now and then aswell as a Hagelin-Duchene-Kessel 3rd line would be better for this team then a Kunitz-Crosby-Duchene line.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sep 5, 2008
So we can have Kunitz on the top line? Also I rather add to that line. Having a top line of Sheary-Crosby-Duchene every now and then aswell as a Hagelin-Duchene-Kessel 3rd line would be better for this team then a Kunitz-Crosby-Duchene line.

Who said anything about Kunitz?

Duchene - Crosby - Hornqvist
Hagelin - Malkin - Kessel
Guentzel - Bonino/trade - Rust
Kunitz - Cullen - Kuhn/Fehr/Wilson

Healthy, I don't think Kunitz is on Sid's line. Or anything above the third, to be frank--maybe not even above the fourth (which is what I'd do).

Le Magnifique 66

Let's Go Pens
Jun 9, 2006
Montreal
I would not give up guentzel in any deal. Is duchene gonna produce 6 million dollars better than what guentzel already has. Let alone that hes only gonna get better.

Trade sprong before guentzel

Trade neither, that would be even better

I like better working with Maatta and Jarry than including one of those 2 forwards in which we will need down the road with their cheap contract

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sep 5, 2008
If Maatta + Jarry works, I'm all for it and then some. I just don't think the Avs would be too interested in Jarry as opposed to Sheary, Guentzel or Sprong.

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
Who said anything about Kunitz?

Duchene - Crosby - Hornqvist
Hagelin - Malkin - Kessel
Guentzel - Bonino/trade - Rust
Kunitz - Cullen - Kuhn/Fehr/Wilson

Healthy, I don't think Kunitz is on Sid's line. Or anything above the third, to be frank--maybe not even above the fourth (which is what I'd do).

Because Kunitz is always the default LW for Crosby for some reason. Also i'm sure Hornqvist stays with Malkin, Hagelin/Kessel stay on the 3rd line. Come on man, this is Sullivan we are talking about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad