Salary Cap: 2016-17 Roster Building XXVI | Trade Deadline Watch

Status
Not open for further replies.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
Officially a week away my time now and we don't play til Saturday.
2 games left before the Deadline...And we play the Hawks on DL day.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I wonder if Fleury gets traded before Saturday. The Penguins don't have another game for 4 days, so right now would be a good time to make a trade without having to worry about not getting enough practice time.

kbuck8851

Apr 25, 2012
Fleury won't be traded until after the outside game against Philly. I also think he may possibly play this game.

kbuck8851

Apr 25, 2012
Do you know what's sad? A big part of me has this hunch too, he'll be traded after the outdoor game and he'll play in that game.

Its just too good of an exit story for the guy, and I cant say I hate it.

Remember the big deal made over his mask design?

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
They're the most penalized team in the league. Seems like a lot of Flames fans think it leads back to the Wideman incident -- including stuff like the no goal against the Pens the other week when Murray's mask came off.

I see. That's the last thing we need. I think I'd rather have Engelland.

Malkinstheman

Aug 12, 2012
Kirk, have there been any changes to the things you said before? Changes is levels of interests or targets?

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Kirk, have there been any changes to the things you said before? Changes is levels of interests or targets?

Nothing. Things have been really dark for a week and a half. Last I heard was that the Detroit game made JR anxious to get something done ASAP. I would think that tonight's game didn't allay his anxiety. :laugh:

Malkinstheman

Aug 12, 2012
Nothing. Things have been really dark for a week and a half. Last I heard was that the Detroit game made JR anxious to get something done ASAP. I would think that tonight's game didn't allay his anxiety. :laugh:

Thanks for all the info! Really helps me to ease my mind a little :)

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Is Wideman, or the Flames, drawing the ire of the officials this year? Haven't noticed, looks like he has about a dozen minors which is normal for him, but the last thing we need is a guy that the stripes have a vendetta against, even a subconscious one, like they did with Downie.

I also think between Johnson and Elliott I'd go with Elliott. He's having a worse season than Johnson but he has far more experience and I think having a mentor for Murray that isn't mentally infantile like Fleury would be beneficial to his development. Elliott also has playoff experience, unlike Johnson, should we need him to get into games.

They're the most penalized team in the league. Seems like a lot of Flames fans think it leads back to the Wideman incident -- including stuff like the no goal against the Pens the other week when Murray's mask came off.

Most Flames fans reckon the way they suddenly went from the least penalised to the most penalised just like that after the incident last season probably had something to do with it, but not all of them blame it this season - change of style of play, Bennett & Tkachuk getting plenty of blame too.

My gut says it's still against them though. There's plenty of teams with dirty players and better disciplinary records out there, there's plenty of infractions that could be called in most games, if they're constantly calling them on one team where they get ignored on another there's probably a reason.

Don't think the team should take the gamble on whether the reason is Wideman and whether it transfers. Not when there's other guys you can take from the Flames who walk next year as well if that's the issue.

Riptide

Dec 29, 2011
Yukon
Don't think the team should take the gamble on whether the reason is Wideman and whether it transfers. Not when there's other guys you can take from the Flames who walk next year as well if that's the issue.

You still need a partner on the other end agreeing with you. If they say all they're going to offer is Wideman,Johnson+ with some salary retained on DW do you really think we're in a position to turn that down? I mean we can always ask about someone else, but if they say no, this is a take it or leave it offer... I'm going to take it every single day of the week and not look back.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Should Pens be in on Hutton? not sure if he fits this teams style or not. Apparently Canucks would be willing to deal him.

Only if we can get rid of the overhyped and over aged Sprong in the process.

Hard no. Definitely do not want Hutton.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad