Status
Not open for further replies.

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
Shush you. :laugh:

:P

I'd like MAF to the Flames. As a fan of both teams I think it would benefit both. Just being honest though. This Flames team is way to passive and will get destroyed by any team not the Wild in the playoffs.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
:P

I'd like MAF to the Flames. As a fan of both teams I think it would benefit both. Just being honest though. This Flames team is way to passive and will get destroyed by any team not the Wild in the playoffs.

What if they acquired Kunitz too? Burke once said Kunitz is like a swiss army knife. :popcorn:

MayorofWBS

Apr 14, 2015
Mars
I'd swap Flower for Wideman, make him the # 7 and let him walk in July. Let's not forget Schultz, he was terrible too when we acquired him.

Go sit in the car:cry:

We are not fixing older and getting way slower.:deadhorse

The only asset Wideman has the same as Schultz now is being right handed.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Go sit in the car:cry:

We are not fixing older and getting way slower.:deadhorse

The only thing asset Wideman has the same as Schultz now is being right handed.

Acquiring Wideman means a #7 vet defenseman and 5.75M in cap space starting this summer. If you don't think JR takes that deal and dances his way gleefully to the buffet line . . . :help:

Brandinho

deng xiaoping gang
Aug 28, 2005
República de Cuba
Acquiring Wideman means a #7 vet defenseman and 5.75M in cap space starting this summer. If you don't think JR takes that deal and dances his way gleefully to the buffet line . . . :help:

It's sad that we've come to a point where Wideman is the best we can do for Fleury, but that may very well be the case.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Is Wideman, or the Flames, drawing the ire of the officials this year? Haven't noticed, looks like he has about a dozen minors which is normal for him, but the last thing we need is a guy that the stripes have a vendetta against, even a subconscious one, like they did with Downie.

I also think between Johnson and Elliott I'd go with Elliott. He's having a worse season than Johnson but he has far more experience and I think having a mentor for Murray that isn't mentally infantile like Fleury would be beneficial to his development. Elliott also has playoff experience, unlike Johnson, should we need him to get into games.

MayorofWBS

Apr 14, 2015
Mars

JR is smarter than that. He can still dump MAF on the Flames and get a more useful UFA asset from them.

hooverdam

Feb 21, 2013
And once again, if we are looking to play MD as a winger I rather just get GL instead....
And yes, I trust Avs fans judgement the most on this.

Winger positions aren't entirely interchangeable, despite what Dan Bylsma would've liked to believe. Landeskog plays left wing, a position we're better suited leaving to kids like Sheary/Guentzel (and Hagelin, for the time being). Duchene plays center and right wing, a position weakened by Bonino and Kessel on the third line respectively. I have no idea where people are getting that he plays left wing but he does not do that, nor does Landeskog play right wing.

If we want to acquire these players, we should at least have an idea of what positions they play.

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
Should Pens be in on Hutton? not sure if he fits this teams style or not. Apparently Canucks would be willing to deal him.

Riptide

Dec 29, 2011
Yukon
Never let it be said that there's no such thing as the hockey gods. :laugh:

I thought Johnson was their savior. Remember all the CGY fans telling us a few weeks ago that their goaltending was fine with those two? :laugh:

Riptide

Dec 29, 2011
Yukon
Should Pens be in on Hutton? not sure if he fits this teams style or not. Apparently Canucks would be willing to deal him.

I'd certainly kick tires and see what they want for him. The idea of a young 4/5 LD who's ED exempt is appealing enough that I'd at least ask about him.

thecore

Jul 2, 2008
Nebraska
steeltuxbird.blogspot.com
I have to say, the deadline addition that intrigues me most is Hanzal. That guy would be such an upgrade over Bonino that I would probably be willing to pay a first or Pouliot+2nd, just as a rental. Even if Bonino rebounds, you can play him at 4C or at wing on any line, really.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
Don't see JR seeking out Hutton unless it's post-season/pre ED where he still has Maatta who i see him moving instead of exposing.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
And i say we have to target speed, speed, and more speed. Speed is out chance. Speed & skill that is. We don't want Koltsov... :sarcasm:

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
Doesn't matter if certain posters convince Calgary management that Elliot isn't the problem in Calgary. :popcorn:
Elliot kept trucking along and pulled out the win. Team completely melted in front of him. Elliot would make a great backup for Murray.

shureshot66

Aug 2, 2005
Is Wideman, or the Flames, drawing the ire of the officials this year? Haven't noticed, looks like he has about a dozen minors which is normal for him, but the last thing we need is a guy that the stripes have a vendetta against, even a subconscious one, like they did with Downie.

They're the most penalized team in the league. Seems like a lot of Flames fans think it leads back to the Wideman incident -- including stuff like the no goal against the Pens the other week when Murray's mask came off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Latvia vs Kazakhstan
    Latvia vs Kazakhstan
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $265.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Norway vs Denmark
    Norway vs Denmark