Prospect Info: 2016-17 Prospects Thread (CHL, NCAA, Europe)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Bad Zad

Mar 31, 2016
Meloche with a goal and an assist along with 4 pims today.

Cameron Morrison with a goal and an assist (after a primary assist last night) in Notre Dame's victory.

Tyson Jost with a goal and an assist in North Dakota's victory.

Jost goal was also short handed

Goulet17

May 22, 2003
I noticed that on the prospects board Caser posted a tweet with video of another huge Mironov hit. I really hope the Avs can bring him over next year.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
Nice open ice hit. One concern about Mironov is that some of his checks that would be legal in the KHL would be suspension worthy over here, but that was just hard and clean.

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
Nice open ice hit. One concern about Mironov is that some of his checks that would be legal in the KHL would be suspension worthy over here, but that was just hard and clean.
Yeah I'm not a fan of his low hits but I just love this one. Hopefully he will be selective and not take himself out of position making these hits. But having both Z and Mironov in the lineup will be scary to the other teams. Then in a couple of years you can add Meloche to this as well. If the Avs are still not good at least it will be fun to watch the hits. :yo:

Avsblitzkrieg

May 1, 2016
Westminster
Yeah I'm not a fan of his low hits but I just love this one. Hopefully he will be selective and not take himself out of position making these hits. But having both Z and Mironov in the lineup will be scary to the other teams. Then in a couple of years you can add Meloche to this as well. If the Avs are still not good at least it will be fun to watch the hits. :yo:
No doubt. I think the avs are way to easy to play against. I like that compher Greer and the guys you mentioned are gonna bring a little sandpaper to this team. I'd rather see them lose being tough then a bunch of nancys

Gigantor The Goalie

Speak for the Goalies
Feb 4, 2012
New London

Adam Werner looks to be staying in Sweden for the next two seasons. I actually really like this move because of the extra development time that will make the transition to the AHL easier for him. Plus if he came over next season he'd be competing with Spencer Martin for playing time which has a good shot of Werner being the one sitting a lot. Sucks we won't see him that often now but it's really the best move.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
Adam Werner looks to be staying in Sweden for the next two seasons. I actually really like this move because of the extra development time that will make the transition to the AHL easier for him. Plus if he came over next season he'd be competing with Spencer Martin for playing time which has a good shot of Werner being the one sitting a lot. Sucks we won't see him that often now but it's really the best move.

IMO That is pretty much the perfect timetable for him. He can grow and develop, and then in a couple seasons, slide right into the AHL starting job that Martin vacates. The Avs will have to find another AHL guy for next season, but that shouldn't be terribly hard.

The Pwnerer

Jan 27, 2006
Not familiar with his game but can Butcher translate to the NHL level? Maybe a Liles-lite type of player?

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
Not familiar with his game but can Butcher translate to the NHL level? Maybe a Liles-lite type of player?

Maybe... really depends on his skating. The other skills are there to have a NHL career, but as a smaller guy if the skating never gets to an above average level, he will have issues transitioning.

Nov 29, 2003
Screw You Blaster
Visit site
Maybe... really depends on his skating. The other skills are there to have a NHL career, but as a smaller guy if the skating never gets to an above average level, he will have issues transitioning.

His outlet passes are pretty fantastic. Definitely agree that he'll have to work on his skating to become effective at the NHL level. He's a pretty smart player, so I think as long as he works on that he'll be a decent player.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
SHL contract doesn't prevent a player from coming over so I'm not sure it means much that Werner signed an extension.

It doesn't with the transfer agreement, but it fits really well within the window. The Avs have 3 more years to sign Werner. They can wait out that contract, see where Martin is (and maybe where the next goalie prospect is), and evaluate then.

Foppa

Future Norris Winner
Feb 27, 2002
Kansas City, USA
Would be yet another minor yet silly move/non-move if they don't give Butcher a shot IMO...I'm not counting on him amounting to much at the NHL level but he does some things that most of our defenders absolutely fail at all the freaking time. This franchise is not in a position to simply dump guys it drafted who have performed at a high level as far as their career has taken them so far. Get him in an intense skating regime once he goes pro and see what you got. This isn't a college UFA and this isn't a guy who's performance/stock has just crashed into nothing. We spent a pick on him and he's played well to this point.

Last edited:

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
200-240k IIRC though it may apply either way if Werner was a free agent there or not.

yeah, not sure if the same would've applied, but it might not matter if avs weren't interested in bringing him over next year.

200+K is quite a bit of money for many european teams. on par with highest paid players for many teams.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
If Butcher hasn't been able to improve his skating to an above average level in four years of college, I'm a bit skeptical that he can make it happen as a pro. It's still worth giving him a contract, it's not like we're overflowing with prospects who need them, but I'm highly skeptical that he'll ever get a game in the NHL, much less a career.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
I'd like Butcher to be signed to give the rampage a puck mover. Tough to see him ever making it in the NHL unless his skating becomes a serious asset; but we need an AHLer who can move the puck other than Bigras & Boikov.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
How does Boikov compare to Bigras in his puck moving ability? I haven't been able to watch him much this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad