Prospect Info: 2016-17 Prospects Thread (CHL, NCAA, Europe)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
When is Jost's season ending? I can't find any games scheduled for North Dakota past mid March and I thought I read North Dakota wasn't going to make the postseason.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
NCAA has their annual season which normally features game every Friday and Saturday or Saturday and Sunday (like the AHL).

Then after the season ends, each conference have their own domestic tournament where the winner gets an automatic birth into the NCAA National Tournament.

National Tournament is the sixteen team spot which determines the winners and rankings of each team. For example, if all the powerhouse teams ranked between 1 to 8 in USCHO ranking would win their respected conference tournaments, that opens the possibility of more teams ranked around 10th to 17th to get into Nationals. However, if there are more upsets, and other teams get into the National Tournament, the top teams still get in which bumps other teams out.

Another example is in the Big 10 Conference. Their tournament starts either next week or the week after. Minnesota is ranked 5th in the nation, if they win the tournament, there is a chance that Ohio State at 15th place can also get into the tournament since it doesn't take away a potential spot. But if Wisconsin wins the tournament who are ranked at 16th place, that kills any chance for Ohio State since Minnesota still makes the tournament for being in 5th.

I hope that makes sense.

My Top 10 IMO.

1. 2017 Pick
2. Jost
3. Compher
4. Bigras
5. Greer
6. Martin
7. Beaudin
8. Meloche
9. Mironov
10.Morrison

Not a bad top ten for an organization, with a lot of players named "M".

Last edited:

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
UND has the conference tourney this weekend and then the NCAA tourney after that. They eked out enough points to make the tourney I think.

I understand everyone has their own views on prospects but I can't imagine what would put Meloche 8th on one's list. Our pick should be #1 but I'm not assuming anything until they make it. Our 2nd should be in that top 10 list too.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
My answer is still the same

1. Jost
2. Bigras
3. Meloche
4. Greer
5. Compher
6. Beaudin
7. Mironov
8. Martin
9. Morrison
10. Boikov

Something like that

I'd have Morrison in the same tier as Greer / Compher / Beaudin, but otherwise that's basically my list as well...I'd flip Bigras & Meloche, but they're on the same tier IMO.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
It was a foregone conclusion, but still, nice to have a piece of happy news.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Renaud Lavoie‏ tweeted them, but in french, so I don't know if that counts.

That said, even for ELC's, they look like bargains.

I didn't doubt cap friendly but their info definitely comes further along in the process. Let's just say they don't break many ELCs. Lavoie is about as legit as it gets so I guess that's good enough.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Ahh yes, I didn't really follow the second round on this past year, any info on him?

He's a 6'3 winger, put up 17 points at ND, which is pretty decent for a freshman. Good net front, can score goals and has a bit underrated playmaking skills. Needs to keep working on skating, d zone, just general maturity stuff. Will probably be in school 1-2 more years.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
He's a 6'3 winger, put up 17 points at ND, which is pretty decent for a freshman. Good net front, can score goals and has a bit underrated playmaking skills. Needs to keep working on skating, d zone, just general maturity stuff. Will probably be in school 1-2 more years.

And I'd imagine he'll get 1-2 years in the AHL whenever he turns pro. Could be a nice top 6 PWF/net front guy if his development keeps going well...although right now I'm not expecting more than a good third liner/middle-6er, just like Greer / Compher / Beaudin.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Nice to see them sign Beaudin and Meloche, even though it should have been fairly obvious decisions.

Nalens Oga

Jan 5, 2010
Canada
The Hockey News' Future Watch edition has Jost listed as the #11 NHL prospect outside of the NHL. They have Greer listed 84th overall and Bigras at 88. Here's how they rank our top-10:

1. Jost
2. Greer
3. Bigras
4. JTC
5. Mironov
6. Martin
7. Butcher
8. Lindholm
9. Beaudein
10. Meloche

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
The Hockey News' Future Watch edition has Jost listed as the #11 NHL prospect outside of the NHL. They have Greer listed 84th overall and Bigras at 88. Here's how they rank our top-10:

1. Jost
2. Greer
3. Bigras
4. JTC
5. Mironov
6. Martin
7. Butcher
8. Lindholm

9. Beaudein
10. Meloche

This is why I can't take 90% of what THN says seriously.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad