Prospect Info: 2016-17 Prospects Thread (CHL, NCAA, Europe)

Status
Not open for further replies.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Yeah he could, but I'd say it is unlikely because the Avs typically don't do that and I believe it would burn an ELC year.

Would it burn an ELC year no matter what, or would he have to play a certain amount of games / be on the team for certain amount of time? Not that I expect to see him this season, but I'm curious.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Would it burn an ELC year no matter what, or would he have to play a certain amount of games / be on the team for certain amount of time? Not that I expect to see him this season, but I'm curious.

The curious part is if he gets a 3 year ELC by signing for this season or if it would be a 2 year (if it was 3, the year burning effectively doesn't matter). He was 21 at the beginning of the league year, but 22 by the start of the season (and 22 now) so I think it would be a 2 year. I haven't looked into the CBA to track that down though.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
The curious part is if he gets a 3 year ELC by signing for this season or if it would be a 2 year (if it was 3, the year burning effectively doesn't matter). He was 21 at the beginning of the league year, but 22 by the start of the season (and 22 now) so I think it would be a 2 year. I haven't looked into the CBA to track that down though.

That is curious. If he is eligible for a 3 year ELC by signing one this season; and so whether he signs now or in the summer doesn't effect the years of team control; then I'd have to imagine him getting a quick look this season moves from "no damn way in hell" to "come on buddy, don't set yourself up to be hurt by day-dreaming about it". Cause I assume due to his age his ELC will start the moment he signs it.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com

The 9 game rule impacts ELC slides, which only applies to 18-19 year olds. So I believe if Jost played this year he could slide it but not someone older like Mironov. I think it would be 2 year for him, it's age in calendar year.

Meloche scored his 16th goal tonight, good for 2nd highest among D in the Q.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
The 9 game rule impacts ELC slides, which only applies to 18-19 year olds. So I believe if Jost played this year he could slide it but not someone older like Mironov. I think it would be 2 year for him, it's age in calendar year.

Meloche scored his 16th goal tonight, good for 2nd highest among D in the Q.

Thanks, that was my impression, so if both of you agree with that then I'm going to assume it's the case.

Would be cool if it turned out we could give him a look without losing a year on his ELC...though we should probably be focusing what non-terrible luck we have on the lottery & duchene trade.

ABasin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2002
The 9 game rule impacts ELC slides, which only applies to 18-19 year olds.

I was just about to ask about this, as it pertains to Compher. So it doesn't matter if Compher finishes out the season with the Avs, re: ELC?

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
I was just about to ask about this, as it pertains to Compher. So it doesn't matter if Compher finishes out the season with the Avs, re: ELC?

No, his contract year counts regardless so doesn't matter where he plays. Same actually for Greer because he signed year he turns 20 so not eligible for slide. Only 18 and 19 year olds.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Got excited when I came home and saw "College Hockey" on TSN but it turns out it's Cornell/Union and not UND/DU. That's not cool.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
The NCHC tourney is kind of pointless since the finalists are going to the tourney anyway. UND played better defense than Ive seen in a while, that will be their undoing eventually. UND played DU's game of grind it out, stop the clock, stop every scoring chance either way. Liked Jost's progression from when I saw him last, played more physical than before, not that he was soft but just went more after it now. He made a nice defensive stop one in one on a SH breakaway. I thought he was one of the most noticeable on ice making plays, using his IQ to know where to be and his tenacity is definitely his calling card. UND had him out every other shift protecting a 1-0 lead. I wish he was a touch faster speed wise, especially going up ice, he could be really dangerous pouncing on pucks that way. I think his skating in regards to agility is very good. Butcher is a calm, smart defender and a good passer. Otherwise he's not very noticeable, just flash but doesn't make glaring mistakes.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Jost playing the NCHC final. It's 3-3 with a few minutes left of the third. Jost with 1G 2A.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Was a great game even with the refs effing the game up with their enormous amount of weak calls in a championship game. College games can be more interesting than NHL because players are at their prime levels of testosterone production, thus making them quite intense.

Jost was breathtaking on the PP, his intelligence will definitely help this team. Especially while a man up which even stars like Duchene, Landeskog, and MacKinnon struggle mightily in puck decision. That is perhaps Jost's best strength. Didn't like his shot election in the game, tried to snipe it post and in every time he got a chance to shoot. You won't be getting that much time in the NHL and the amount of times he missed the net was MacKinnon-esque. But besides that he was probably the Sioux's most dangerous forward all game long.

Also watched Penn State versus Wisconsin, which was another great game. Penn State won tonight and yesterday by winning both games in double OT. Ten periods of hockey in two days must be exhausting for the players, but they got in the NCAA tournament.

JLo217

Jul 22, 2009
Reno, NV
If anyone is board and wants to read about Jost head over to the Brock Boeser thread under prospects haha. The last 2-3 pages are basically about Jost and Vancouver fans being afraid that Jost could be better. Good times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad