Prospect Info: 2016-17 Prospects Thread (CHL, NCAA, Europe)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tommy Shelby

Feb 26, 2012
If anyone is board and wants to read about Jost head over to the Brock Boeser thread under prospects haha. The last 2-3 pages are basically about Jost and Vancouver fans being afraid that Jost could be better. Good times.

My favorite part about that is the rational NJ fan who got accused of being emotional in his assessment of Boeser/Jost by a guy who was clearly accusing him in a moment of heated emotional distress.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Jost is a top 10 pick, isn't he supposed to be better? I know Nucks fans thought Boeser was going to win the Hobey this year.

So UND gets BU as their reward for making the tourney so... round 2 is next weekend even if they make it through so Jost watch is going to start sooner than later.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
The only question that Nucks fans should be concerned with is whether Jost will be better than Juolevi. Comparing Jost to Boeser just because they play on the same team is apples and oranges because they weren't drafted in the same year.

Avs44

May 16, 2011
I can't blame them for wanting to be excited about Boeser. Their club has been looking for a high end goal scoring winger for years after the Sedins, and they haven't had a ton of forward prospects to look forward to.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
When's the absolute earliest Jost will be done playing and could sign with the Avs? Is it if they lose this Friday?

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
He's not signing this year, I'll stake my life savings on it. Maybe for next season, but not for this one.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
He's not signing this year, I'll stake my life savings on it. Maybe for next season, but not for this one.

This life savings you speak of...if someone were to guess that it's $37 and Subway Sandwich Punch Card that's two punches away from a free foot-long (not to mention it's expired), how close would they be :D :naughty:

(You know I'm just kidding)

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
This life savings you speak of...if someone were to guess that it's $37 and Subway Sandwich Punch Card that's two punches away from a free foot-long (not to mention it's expired), how close would they be :D :naughty:

(You know I'm just kidding)

You forgot my collection of Magic The Gathering cards!

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
You forgot my collection of Magic The Gathering cards!

buffalo+ask+24.gif

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
I also think he's done with North Dakota once they lose on Friday, but I don't think he'll play for the Avs this season.

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
What makes you say that? I feel like hes gonna stay there one more year haha

I ate a questionable turkey sandwich for lunch and now I'm 94% confident I can see the near future.

Jokes aside, I read somewhere that a few of the other skilled players at ND were probably leaving this summer and ND wouldn't be as competitive next year. If that turns out to be true I see no reason why Jost would want to stay there. Plus his comments recently sound, to me anyway, like he's just waiting for the Avs to drop a contract his way.

Last edited:

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
I ate a questionable turkey sandwich for lunch and now I'm 94% confident I can see the near future.

Jokes aside, I read somewhere that a few of the other skilled players at ND were probably leaving this summer and ND wouldn't be competitive. If that turns out to be true I see no reason why Jost would want to stay there. Plus his comments recently sound, to me anyway, like he's just waiting for the Avs to drop a contract his way.

If that's the case the Avs need to sign this kid like last week.

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
Count me as one that thinks Jost is done especially if Boeser signs with Vancouver. That team was slightly above average this year, if they lose Boeser, Jost is all they've got and they won't be very good. I see no reason why Jost would stick around.

It's kind of like Compher signing this year (minus the age difference), he realized Michigan was going to suck so he said I'll just turn pro instead of sticking around a bad team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad