HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Jake and Elwood are at Game 5

18953135_10212210364027008_7918668486505142644_o.jpg

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010
Rinne reminds me of Luongo for Vancouver vs Boston in 2011, great at home, terrible on the road.

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
This series is over, but member the time the Bruins swept Pittsburgh in the conference finals? Member?

Feels like forever ago. Talk about two franchises going in different directions ever since.

rkwittem

May 13, 2013
Fargo, ND
2011 comp is still there for NSH. As long as they hold serve at home, they'll have a chance.

That bogus G1 referee circus is looking like an even bigger screw up now. That was NSH's to lose and it was stolen from them. Should have had a chance to wrap it up in 6 at home

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
This series is over, but member the time the Bruins swept Pittsburgh in the conference finals? Member?

Feels like forever ago. Talk about two franchises going in different directions ever since.

That was the series that made me a Bruins fan.

Bizarro Bandwagoner

Jan 30, 2010
Maine
Well that probably killed the decent ratings they were getting. Checked the first period updates on Twitter before turning it on...never bothered. Picked up and did dishes instead. My wife will be pleasantly surprised. :D

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Well that probably killed the decent ratings they were getting. Checked the first period updates on Twitter before turning it on...never bothered. Picked up and did dishes instead. My wife will be pleasantly surprised. :D

did sort of the same, yakking with someone on facebook, they asked if I was watching the blowout in Pitt, I asked who was taking the beating and I decided to not flick it on at all

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)

Talk about overly melodramatic.

PIT won a Cup in 2009 with two superstars (one of which they tanked big to get). They were a very good team then (reached the Finals in 2008), and they were a very good team in 2013 when the B's swept them. That's what happens when you have a "generational" player. Yet, even with that generational player (and Malkin) it was 7 years between SC Final's appearances (and 3 years after the B's beat them). These things are cyclical, that's what generally happens in sports (unless you are the Patriots or Blackhawks).

B's made two Finals and had a Prez Cup team in four years and now they are trying to build back up again. LA won two Cups in three seasons, then they missed the playoffs this year and their farm system looks pretty barren (sound familiar?).

Personally, I believe the B's are headed back up and two or three years from now, we could very easily see the B's sweep the Pens again on the way to the Finals. That's sports.

Last edited:

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
That was the series that made me a Bruins fan.

Yah but we suck now

Basement here we come

I hope we finish bottom 3 next years so we get

2018 Rasmus Dahlin
2019 Jack Hughes
2020 Alexis Lafreniere

Totally worth getting 50 point seasons

Glad we are heading that way

Get the players and get rid of all the bandwagoners

Hopefully Bruins fans desert team like Red Sox fans have

The Red Sox contacted me about getting season tickets again

Haven't seen that since 2002

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)

I was switching the game on and off also, and missed the Crosby/Subban exchange and the water bottle incident later on until this morning. If you missed this stuff, check it out.

I'm not a Crosby fan and never have been (while admitting how good he is). Let me just say that there is not a less likable player in the NHL for me. The preferential treatment he receives has reached ridiculous levels. The guy gets away with crap that other players get suspended/fined for, and just flat out lies about it afterwards.

If the earth opened up and swallowed him tomorrow, I wouldn't be too worked up about it.

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
I was switching the game on and off also, and missed the Crosby/Subban exchange and the water bottle incident later on until this morning. If you missed this stuff, check it out.

I'm not a Crosby fan and never have been (while admitting how good he is). Let me just say that there is not a less likable player in the NHL for me. The preferential treatment he receives has reached ridiculous levels. The guy gets away with crap that other players get suspended/fined for, and just flat out lies about it afterwards.

If the earth opened up and swallowed him tomorrow, I wouldn't be too worked up about it.

Well said.

I saw the water bottle incident live. Should have been a penalty and shortly after that happened during the same stint of play the Pens scored. Was shocked the broadcasters were actually calling for a penalty. Had to go search for the exchange however.

I have one family member rooting for the Pens cause he "loves Crosby." I really question if he actually is a Bruins fan. :laugh:

The 2013 sweep of the Pens was one of the sweetest in your face moments to the nay sayers, in particularly the National broadcasters and analysts who continue to suck up to Crosby. I'll never forget that. Like you said, he gets away with every and anything.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
Well said.

I saw the water bottle incident live. Should have been a penalty and shortly after that happened during the same stint of play the Pens scored. Was shocked the broadcasters were actually calling for a penalty. Had to go search for the exchange however.

I have one family member rooting for the Pens cause he "loves Crosby." I really question if he actually is a Bruins fan. :laugh:

The 2013 sweep of the Pens was one of the sweetest in your face moments to the nay sayers, in particularly the National broadcasters and analysts who continue to suck up to Crosby. I'll never forget that. Like you said, he gets away with every and anything.

I'd never suggest that Crosby is likable at all, but I can't understand how many B's fans are actively rooting for a team that Subban is on.

To me, he's far, far less likable than Crosby, especially given the fact that he was the face of the Habs for years, as well as the less than honorable way he plays the game.

I'm hating every minute of rooting for the Pens --- and in the end, I'm not really rooting for them as much as I'm rooting against Subban, Laviolette, Neal, Fisher and some others on Nashville, more than I'm rooting for Pitt.

Sucky choices in this final, to be sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad