2016-17 Fantasy Football Discussion Part II

TootooTrain

Sandpaper
Jun 12, 2010
Getting tired of Barnidge on my roster. I don't really want to address TE via trade since it's such a volatile position anyway unless you're getting one of the top tier. It's a ppr; Vernon Davis, Fiedorowicz, Lance Kendricks, and td dependent Allen are out there in free agency. Stick with what I got or play matchups?

All_blueandwhite

Apr 15, 2007
Getting tired of Barnidge on my roster. I don't really want to address TE via trade since it's such a volatile position anyway unless you're getting one of the top tier. It's a ppr; Vernon Davis, Fiedorowicz, Lance Kendricks, and td dependent Allen are out there in free agency. Stick with what I got or play matchups?

I just did the exact same thing - I got sick of Gary Barnidge and dropped him for Vernon Davis.

Unless I'm getting Gronk or Greg Olsen or something, I'm not going to bother giving up good value for a TE.

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY

Barnidge was only good with McCown at QB. I'd play the matchups.

Little Bo Pete

Feb 12, 2009
Michael gets waved, so I need a RB and get Starks. Now GB picks up Michael...

Should I get Michael back or stick with Starks??

Remington 700

Jul 11, 2007
South Park, PA
Michael gets waved, so I need a RB and get Starks. Now GB picks up Michael...

Should I get Michael back or stick with Starks??

James Starks is the Kunitz of the NFL. A no talent ass clown who leaches off the superstars around him to post passable stats.

That said Michael has all the tools and no tool box.

Remington 700

Jul 11, 2007
South Park, PA
I traded Delanie Walker for Michael Thomas with the intention of flipping Thomas for a RB because I already have Eifert. I can't get a taker on Thomas and now I have AJ, Hilton, ARob, Amari, Thomas, Coleman and Tyreek Hill in a league where I can start 3 WR and a flex.

My #2 RB will be a combo of Booker and Rawls. I'm screwed

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
I traded Delanie Walker for Michael Thomas with the intention of flipping Thomas for a RB because I already have Eifert. I can't get a taker on Thomas and now I have AJ, Hilton, ARob, Amari, Thomas, Coleman and Tyreek Hill in a league where I can start 3 WR and a flex.

My #2 RB will be a combo of Booker and Rawls. I'm screwed

It sounds like the Seahawks really like Rawls. I don't think you're as screwed as you think.

katatoniak

Feb 5, 2009
Jonquiere, Qc
It sounds like the Seahawks really like Rawls. I don't think you're as screwed as you think.

I dont get why they love him so much ... he was horrible in the first 2 games of the season. Since I have Prosise I kinda hope he repeats his -7 yards on 7 carries from week 2 :laugh:

I switch between Prosise and Kelley every hour or so ... I suppose I'll do that until sunday morning

Remington 700

Jul 11, 2007
South Park, PA
I dont get why they love him so much ... he was horrible in the first 2 games of the season. Since I have Prosise I kinda hope he repeats his -7 yards on 7 carries from week 2 :laugh:

I switch between Prosise and Kelley every hour or so ... I suppose I'll do that until sunday morning

Well he missed all of training camp and I think was averaging like 6 ypc at 1 point last year.

Last edited:

Mr Fahrenheit

Valar Morghulis
Oct 9, 2009

Rawls will be eased into things like all injured players 1st game back, Prosise will get the bulk this week

Fixed to Ruin

Come wit it now!
Feb 28, 2007
Grande Prairie, AB
Potential bad weather expected in Cleveland this weekend. Everyone should keep an eye on that and adjust your lineups accordingly.

Obviously, you will play the star players but if you are planning on playing fringe guys might want look elsewhere.

Little Bo Pete

Feb 12, 2009
Am i ever glad i was able to drop wentz this week. Had no other options until some gui dropped alex smith, who i quickly put a claim in for. So far so good for this week.

How's everyone else's matchups going?

Big Poppa Puck

HF's Villain
Dec 8, 2009
D-Boss' Dungeon
Players I've lost to injury this year.

1) Ameer Abdullah
2) CJ Anderson
3) AJ Green
4) Giovani Bernard
5) Zach Miller
6) CJ Prosise

This is me in one league all at RB:

Dion Lewis
CJ Prosise
Amir Abdullah
Shane Vereen
Giovani Bernard
CJ Prosise again
Ryan Mathews

What's sickening is I dropped Devonte Booker around week 2 or 3.

Luckily I still have Howard and Hill and was able to grab Hightower a few weeks back.

Engebretson

Thank you, sweet rabbit
Nov 4, 2010
Minnesota
Players I've lost to injury this year.

1) Ameer Abdullah
2) CJ Anderson
3) AJ Green
4) Giovani Bernard
5) Zach Miller
6) CJ Prosise

My first 7 picks in one league this year:

1st - DeAndre Hopkins (might as well be injured)
2nd - AJ Green (luckily, I traded him for Zeke early in the season)
3rd - CJ Anderson (I lucked out and grabbed Booker off waivers the week before this injury)
4th - Jamaal Charles (also lucked out and traded him before he even came back from his initial injury)
5th - Keenan Allen
6th - Eric Decker
7th - Gio Bernard

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
So this weekend I had a really big lead going into the Sunday night game, but I noticed my opponent hadn't taken out his kicker who was on a bye, but made other changes to his lineup. Since this league costs a bit more to play, our transaction fees are $10 per pickup and I think he was trying to save the $10 if his kicker wouldn't matter. Plus, nobody had Novak or Janakowski kicking tonite. I am sure he was thinking he would pick one up if he HAD to today.

....well he had Garcon and Cook and made it close enough where if his kicker had a good nite, he would win. So.....as the game was winding down last night, I decided to drop Bernard since he blew his knee out and Matt Bryant and I picked up both Novak and Janakowski....spending $20 to make sure I get the win since it would mean I would be tied for first in my division but with a perfect divisional record, I would win all tiebreakers.

...he was PISSED. heh.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
That's why we put the transaction cost high....first come, first pay, first serve. On average, I would say 4-6 total transactions every Sunday during games.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad