2016-17 Fantasy Football Discussion Part II

Mr Fahrenheit

Valar Morghulis
Oct 9, 2009
Here's what I need tonight (yes, I'm in way too many leagues... and these aren't even all of them!):

43 and change from Eifert and Green (PPR)... probably not happening
7 and change from Beckham (PPR)... I like my chances
Beckham and Hill can't get 18 and change (.5 per reception)... not liking my chances
29 and change from Beckham and Bernard (standard)... probably not
Dalton and Green need less than 41 points (standard)... great shot
26 and change from Jennings (PPR)... hahahaha
Eifert needs to outscore Bernard by 27 and change (PPR)... like my chances
Eifert can't get more than 28 and change (standard)... most likely
LaFell and three IDPs need to outscore Eli by 10 (PPR)... not sure

What do you guys need? A few of these are must wins for me.

In one of the leagues, someone didn't have a kicker after all of the afternoon games were over. So, I added Robbie Gould, who was not on waivers because his game didn't start yet. Nugent was owned already, so there are no kickers available that play. Is that a d*** move?

Thats his fault for not grabbing a kicker, now if before the sunday games you just dropped and added every kicker available like in The League it would of been a dick move

I need Eifert to score less than 24 points and Dalton has a history of struggling in prime time games so I am confident

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
So, you got no points from your receivers? That really sucks.

Yep. Not only zero points but so close to scoring thresholds...

My problem at receiver is that all 6-7 guys I'm carrying are good but none is a sure thing: this week I played (this league mixes TE and WR in one roster category, not worth explaining) Cobb, Graham and Jeffrey, and benched Cooks, Crowder, Sanu and Enunwa (recognizing that those last two aren't in the same category).

My sitch clarifies with Jeffrey's suspension - technically I'm down to four for three spots with Cooks, Cobb, Graham and Crowder -- maybe Sanu. Still, when I've lost in this league it's been for playing/benching the wrong players at receiver. Have tried to swing trades but what I have to offer isn't going to return a for-sure every-week WR. I've tried packaging one of those receivers with a good back to no avail.

Anyway, didn't mean to have this be complain about my roster post, just offering some context.

Big Poppa Puck

HF's Villain
Dec 8, 2009
D-Boss' Dungeon
I know Kendricks has been injured, though started, the last 2 weeks but it has to be more than that

They're getting no pressure on the QB and therefore not not getting sacks or turning the ball over/scoring like they were the first 5 weeks.

Also regression from a fantasy perspective was inevitable I think they scored 3 TDs on defense and had 2 PR TD the first 5 weeks that wasn't going to keep up.

Plus they started to become susceptible to the run. Against Chicago and Detroit run stats were a bit inflated by one long run by Howard and Riddick respectively but Sunday Kelley was hitting them for like 5 a pop.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Anyone going to pick up CJ Prosise or Rob Kelley?

I don't necessarily have anyone to drop but Prosise had a monster game while C-Mike has fallen off, meanwhile Kelley is now the Skins lead RB.

Zibanejbread

Rebuilding.
Jan 19, 2013
PA
Speaking of Minnesota D, they're droppable at this point, right?

I have a claim in to pick up Seattle D instead.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus

I don't necessarily have anyone to drop but Prosise had a monster game while C-Mike has fallen off, meanwhile Kelley is now the Skins lead RB.

Kelley a yes, Prosise a maybe. What will happen in Seattle as Rawls returns?

An can anyone say what happened with Michael? Just a simple regression? I thought he was fine/OK/not necessarily a world beater but all of a sudden he's marginalized.

I've been holding Rawls in the one league where I have Michael, and I just went to see about offering a back to the Michael owner in another league and I see he's also holding Rawls.

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
Thanks. What about going forward? You think Bradford would be better as my backup? Hard to think he would with Wentz putting up nothing week after week...

I would keep Wentz.

Yep. Not only zero points but so close to scoring thresholds...

My problem at receiver is that all 6-7 guys I'm carrying are good but none is a sure thing: this week I played (this league mixes TE and WR in one roster category, not worth explaining) Cobb, Graham and Jeffrey, and benched Cooks, Crowder, Sanu and Enunwa (recognizing that those last two aren't in the same category).

My sitch clarifies with Jeffrey's suspension - technically I'm down to four for three spots with Cooks, Cobb, Graham and Crowder -- maybe Sanu. Still, when I've lost in this league it's been for playing/benching the wrong players at receiver. Have tried to swing trades but what I have to offer isn't going to return a for-sure every-week WR. I've tried packaging one of those receivers with a good back to no avail.

Anyway, didn't mean to have this be complain about my roster post, just offering some context.

That's what this thread is for. :laugh:

Should I drop Coleman (PIT) for Snead (CAR) ?

Yeah.

If they're available in any of my leagues, then yeah, I'll put in a claim.

katatoniak

Feb 5, 2009
Jonquiere, Qc

I've picked up both haha

My bench was a mess anyway. I have Michael and Prosise. I'll probably keep both on my bench and see what they'll do with their 3 running back when Rawls is back.
I'll start Kelley for now and hope for the best.

I started the year with Jamaal Charles, Aryan Foster, Blount and Michael

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
I've picked up both haha

My bench was a mess anyway. I have Michael and Prosise. I'll probably keep both on my bench and see what they'll do with their 3 running back when Rawls is back.
I'll start Kelley for now and hope for the best.

I started the year with Jamaal Charles, Aryan Foster, Blount and Michael

Guy in my league had AP and Charles:laugh:

Thing is..... who's the starter? Rawls or Prosise??

Last edited:

Little Bo Pete

Feb 12, 2009
With Michael waved, I need a RB. I put in a claim for Kelly and Starks, just wondering which one I should try for first

Little Bo Pete

Feb 12, 2009
Kelley. They scratched Matt Jones last week which goes to show hes #1. Starks still has Montgomery to compete with.

Thanks, that's the order I have now, just worried about wsh always falling behind and turning to a pass heavy game, where as I can see the opposite with green bay (most of the time)

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
Thanks to byes for Freeman and Booker, and McCarthy not using Ty Montgomery as much my running backs this week are Hightower and Gio Bernard.

Going to need huge games from Antonio Brown and Hilton to have a chance this week.

Sucks, the last place guy claimed Prosise even though he wants to tank the rest of the way(keeper league).

katatoniak

Feb 5, 2009
Jonquiere, Qc
And now Gronkowski has a perforated lung and he cant get on the plane:shakehead

I hope he is OK for sundaybut I doubt it.

Benett is free but I'm waiver #7.

This season is one hell of a roller coaster, everytime it looks like I'll be fine ... BOOM! :laugh:

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
Thanks to byes for Freeman and Booker, and McCarthy not using Ty Montgomery as much my running backs this week are Hightower and Gio Bernard.

Going to need huge games from Antonio Brown and Hilton to have a chance this week.

Sucks, the last place guy claimed Prosise even though he wants to tank the rest of the way(keeper league).

I'm starting Chris Thompson and Benny Cunningham at running back this week... worst of all, it isn't a PPR league.

Zorf

Apparently I'm entitled?
Jan 4, 2008
Guy in my league had AP and Charles:laugh:

Thing is..... who's the starter? Rawls or Prosise??

A guy in my league drafted AP, Charles, Gore and Matt Jones as his RBs. Haha.

Only has Gore left and he's been scrambling like mad picking up anyone off waivers. no one has traded a RB to him.

Amazingly, he's done ok so far in the league. Got lucky a few weeks with backup RBs having big games.

Mr Fahrenheit

Valar Morghulis
Oct 9, 2009
A guy in my league drafted AP, Charles, Gore and Matt Jones as his RBs. Haha.

Only has Gore left and he's been scrambling like mad picking up anyone off waivers. no one has traded a RB to him.

Amazingly, he's done ok so far in the league. Got lucky a few weeks with backup RBs having big games.

In a $100 dollar league I drafted CJ Anderson, Eddie Lacy and Danny Woodhead at RB and Hopkins and Marshall at WR and my $20 league in which I'm back to back champion I drafted CJ and AP at RB. Its been a rough year

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad