2016-17 Fantasy Football Discussion Part II

bradm6125

May 20, 2009
Heading into the final 2 weeks of the season casually excited about my roster.

Mariota (Need a Waiver pickup next week, stupid late bye)
Booker, Ajayi, T.Coleman, T.West, A Peterson (Might be back, keeper league too)
A Brown, D Bryant, D Hopkins, M Wallace, C Coleman, D Adams
J Reed
NYG/CAR DST

Mariota, Ajayi, AP, & Adams are all guys I grabbed off the waiver wire this year.
Traded for: D Hopkins (Barnidge/6th Round pick for Hopkins/13th)
J Reed (J Cook/8th Round Pick for Reed/15th)
Rest are drafted

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY

J Reed
NYG/CAR DST

Mariota, Ajayi, AP, & Adams are all guys I grabbed off the waiver wire this year.
Rest are drafted

Wait... it's a keeper, and Peterson was cut? How many do you keep?

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
Half my roster in one league played yesterday. All had a good day, Elliott, Bell, Crowder, Prater, Harrison Smith, but I still hate having so much roster played before my opponent.

Basement Cat

Frank Drebin
Nov 3, 2008
Hoboken, NJ
0.5 PPR league...im 2nd in points for but sitting at 5-6 with 2 games remaining so I was pretty active at the deadline...

Which team is better:

Brees
Odell
Evans
Ingram
Booker
Olsen
Jordy

Or

Brees
Odell
Jordy
Ajayi
Ware
Olsen
Booker

Big Poppa Puck

HF's Villain
Dec 8, 2009
D-Boss' Dungeon
Bell by himself outscored Gore/Thielen/Vikings D/Bailey against me yesterday. Pretty sure I'm going to lose and my playoff hopes or gone.

I guess I should be happy I was even still in it this late when 4 of my first 5 picks were AD, Dez, Watkins and Woodhead.

Zorf

Apparently I'm entitled?
Jan 4, 2008

J Reed
NYG/CAR DST

Rest are drafted

Those trades would never have been accepted by anyone in my league. Good job getting those players.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I got trolled hard in my one league where I needed to win to make the playoffs. I was off to a good start with Jordan Reed playing and was projected to win by 20 heading into today...BUT my opponent has Brees - and I have Brandin Cooks. And now I'm projected to lose by 20. Needless to say I'm not a happy camper right now :rant:

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
I also would like to thank Brandin Cooks for nothing.

EDIT:
Also, there is a reasonable chance that, after this weekend's matchups, every team in my 10-teamer will be between 7-5 and 5-7.

Last edited:

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
I am about to lose my mind. I was sitting at 7-1 and have gone on a three game losing streak. I lost by .40, 2.1 and 4.3...........after Thursday I was sitting at 79-0 with Reed, Dak, Bell and Hopkins (who missed 2fgs smh). after Sunday Gurley/Cooper/Gordon did not perform well............sitting ahead right now by .20 with WRs D.Adams Vs. Matthews left tonight.... If I go 7-5 after this week, lose the next one and miss the playoffs it will be mind blowing ha.

Engebretson

Thank you, sweet rabbit
Nov 4, 2010
Minnesota
Unless my opponent somehow ends up with a combined 69 points (standard scoring) out of both Zach Ertz and Caleb Sturgis, I'll be winning this week and taking a 3 game winning streak into the final week of our League regular season.

Even with the Cards D getting me 1 point and Josh Lambo only getting me 2 points yesterday, I still managed to have a very good week on the backs of Zeke, Michael Thomas, Eifert and Mariota. Feels good to head into the playoffs with my players actually playing well for a change!

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
somehow lost by just 5 points despite starting both cooks and gronk and that's only because the guy im playing had evans and adams

yeah f me right. 8-4 and 2nd place isn't bad but man that sucks

Engebretson

Thank you, sweet rabbit
Nov 4, 2010
Minnesota
This happened: Four teams at 7-5, two at 6-6, four at 5-7. 14-week regular season. I have never seen anything like it.

That's some good league parity. It sucks having to go to tiebreakers for playoff seeding, but at least it makes the rest of the regular season very interesting and choosing the right lineup even more important.

bradm6125

May 20, 2009
Wait... it's a keeper, and Peterson was cut? How many do you keep?

We keep 3 players.... AP was drafted in the first round so will require a 1st round pick to keep next year, but I figured he was a sneaky pickup as he could be better than anyone who is available when my first round pick rolls around, which will be outside Bottom 5 out of 10 guys.

Those trades would never have been accepted by anyone in my league. Good job getting those players.

Hopkins isn't eligible to be kept this year as he has been kept for the past 3 (in the 13th round!!) and he was on the worst team in the league so I had the bargaining power.

Reed is keepable, but same thing got him from a bottom feeder who wanted to score a pick upgrade..... Wasn't too pleased to see him get injured an hour after I traded for him last week but at least he salvaged the game and seems to be at least okay moving forward

Zorf

Apparently I'm entitled?
Jan 4, 2008
I started Cooks last week and lost by 0.54 points...

Yeah...

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
Last add/drop allowed for the season:

add Kaepernick to Wilson and Winston

or

add Inman to Cooks/Crowder/Graham (yes TEs count here)/Cobb/Enunwa/Sanu/Jeffrey

I would wait, honestly. You might need that add for the playoffs.

I started Cooks last week and lost by 0.54 points...

Yeah...

Ouch. Cooks didn't even get a single target last week...

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
Jordan Matthews @ Cincinnati (5th best vs. WR) or Jonathan Stewart @ Seattle (9th best vs. RB)?

Neither are great options, but I have to go with one. Stewart scares the crap out of me because he's a threat to go for like 2 yards per carry any week with no ability to factor in in the passing game, but Matthews has an awful ceiling in that offense.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad