2016-17 Fantasy Football Discussion Part II

Basement Cat

Frank Drebin
Nov 3, 2008
Hoboken, NJ
Just traded Evans and Ingram for Ajayi and D-Thomas in a 10 team 0.5 PPR. I am second in points for yet I am 5-6 and about to be in either 5th or 6th place with two weeks to go (6 teams make the playoffs).

My team before:

QB - Brees
RB - Booker
RB - Ingram
WR - Evans
WR - Odell
TE - Olsen
W/R/T - Jordy

Bench: Rivers, Eifert, Starks, Crowell, Dixon

After:

QB - Brees
RB - Booker
RB - Ajayi
WR - Jordy
WR - Odell
TE - Olsen
W/R/T - D-Thomas

Did I make the right move? Any other advice?

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
Need Lamar Miller to come through in one league. Need Lamar Miller to suck in another league.

I hate when that happens. There's no middle ground?

So this weekend I had a really big lead going into the Sunday night game, but I noticed my opponent hadn't taken out his kicker who was on a bye, but made other changes to his lineup. Since this league costs a bit more to play, our transaction fees are $10 per pickup and I think he was trying to save the $10 if his kicker wouldn't matter. Plus, nobody had Novak or Janakowski kicking tonite. I am sure he was thinking he would pick one up if he HAD to today.

....well he had Garcon and Cook and made it close enough where if his kicker had a good nite, he would win. So.....as the game was winding down last night, I decided to drop Bernard since he blew his knee out and Matt Bryant and I picked up both Novak and Janakowski....spending $20 to make sure I get the win since it would mean I would be tied for first in my division but with a perfect divisional record, I would win all tiebreakers.

...he was PISSED. heh.

I did something similar last week, but there is no money involved.

Just traded Evans and Ingram for Ajayi and D-Thomas in a 10 team 0.5 PPR. I am second in points for yet I am 5-6 and about to be in either 5th or 6th place with two weeks to go (6 teams make the playoffs).

My team before:

QB - Brees
RB - Booker
RB - Ingram
WR - Evans
WR - Odell
TE - Olsen
W/R/T - Jordy

After:

QB - Brees
RB - Booker
RB - Ajayi
WR - Jordy
WR - Odell
TE - Olsen
W/R/T - D-Thomas

Did I make the right move? Any other advice?

Looks alright to me.

TootooTrain

Sandpaper
Jun 12, 2010
I just missed the trade deadline in one of my leagues. It always creeps up on me in leagues that aren't as active in terms of communication. Wanted to try and sell high on Ware.

In other news, the fantasy contingent weeps as Green goes down. I've got him in 3 leagues. 2 of which have faab. I've got $40 and $57 remaining respectively. How deep should I dig for Boyd?

Team one 2wr: Cobb, Smith sr, Sheppard, Britt
Team two 3wr: Edelman, Smith Sr, Beasley, Montgomery.

Little Bo Pete

Feb 12, 2009
Pick 2 of Booker, Starks and Rawls. Not just this week, but going forward.

Starks surprised me with a nice game this week, which is why i'm asking.

Zorf

Apparently I'm entitled?
Jan 4, 2008
I lost by 0.24 this week. Lol. I'd almost rather lose by 10 points than have a squeaker like that.

I'm so happy I picked up Starks though. I traded OBJ and Ingram for Antonio Brown and C West 2 weeks ago and then dropped West for Starks.

Since the trade, Brown > OBJ and Starks > Ingram.

Fantasy is weird how things sometimes work out.

GB did pick up C-Mike though.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
Pick 2 of Booker, Starks and Rawls. Not just this week, but going forward.

Starks surprised me with a nice game this week, which is why i'm asking.

I think its Rawls and Starks.

Agreed. I think Booker out-talents Starks, but Starks is in a familiar system and the team seems to be comfortable relying on him when needed. Michael will take Montgomery's backfield snaps.

Maitz

Aug 3, 2006
Montreal
Would you guys start Hightower Kelley or L.Murray against CAR this week. With Ingram on concussion protocol Hightower might be a top RB this week with a heavy workload.

PALE PWNR

Jul 10, 2010
Sewell NJ
Lost Prosise and Green this week and am on the playoff Bubble. :(

On my team I have Prosise, Christine Michael, Chris Thompson, and Jalen Richard. On the waiver wire there is Jeremy Langford, Mike Gillislee, Duke Johnson Jr., TJ Yeldon, Jerrick McKinnon, Ty Montgomery, Kenjon Barner and Jacquizz Rodgers. Suggestions on who to pick up?

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
Been sitting on the #1 waiver all year. Worth it to grab Rawls?

Yep.

Would you guys start Hightower Kelley or L.Murray against CAR this week. With Ingram on concussion protocol Hightower might be a top RB this week with a heavy workload.

Kelley.

On my team I have Prosise, Christine Michael, Chris Thompson, and Jalen Richard. On the waiver wire there is Jeremy Langford, Mike Gillislee, Duke Johnson Jr., TJ Yeldon, Jerrick McKinnon, Ty Montgomery, Kenjon Barner and Jacquizz Rodgers. Suggestions on who to pick up?

Gillislee is the best option but only if McCoy doesn't play, and last I saw they weren't concerned about him. I'm actually thinking McKinnon.

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY

Gillislee or McKinnon

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
I lost 80.68 to ****ing 79.98 :rant:

Granted i started Eli over Dak (really thought th Raven's D would do some damage) but the scapegoats here are :

Greg Olsen 3.30 pts (Cam's fav weapon gets 4 REC 33 YDS :| )
Willie Snead 3.30 points (against CAR's secondary......)
Martellus Bennett(1.40 points.... against one of the worst teams in the league & without Gronk playing....)

Man having Jones & Gordon on bye sucked.

I also gotta stop listening to RS414 and start playing Jamison Crowder (no offence buddy lol)

Remington 700

Jul 11, 2007
South Park, PA
Boyd would seem to have a clearer path. He'll be good to go in Cincy next season even with Green. I just don't trust the back situation in Philly.

Boyd is an average talent at best. He faced the lowest level competition in high school, weak competition in college and isn't as good as he's made out to be. He's a good route runner with decent hands. Lafell had more targets after Green went down.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad