Collins
Dougherty
Glover
Belpedio
Hanifin
Werenski

Ned
Halvorson

Agree that you will see something close to this.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Team Id like to see;

Milano - Larkin - Tuch
Bracco - White - Dvorak
Connor - Matthews - Greenway
Bittner - MacInnis - Fischer
Schmaltz

Carlo
Hanifin
Werenski
Krys
Chychrun
Belpedio
Haydon

Ned
Halvorson

I would swap out Greenway for Garland and move Garland into a top 6 role and drop Dvorak to that third line where he would be killer at. Greenway really needs to show a lot more before I start including him on my teams.

I would also start putting Larkin and Connor together as the Michigan teammates next year (hopefully Larkin stays 1 more year) will have chemistry and skill to burn..

Chychrun unfortunately isn't going to happen...that little punk went to the darkside :laugh: but Campoli was a nice consolation prize to get and we can still hope Logan Brown picks more wisely then Jake did.

my group right now:

Forwards

Conor Garland - Dylan Larkin - Kyle Connor
Sonny Milano - Austin Matthews - Alex Tuch
Paul Bittner - Colin White - Christian Dvorak
Jeremy Bracco - Ryan MacInnis - Christian Fischer
Nick Schmaltz

just missing cut - Brock Boesser , Alex DeBrincat and Dominc Turgeon

Defense

Noah Hanifin - Aaron Haydon
Zach Werenski - Brandon Carlo
Jack Dougherty - Keoni Texeria
Chad Krys

just missing cut - Blake Seibenaler , Louie Belpedio, and Josh Jacobs

Goaltending

Alex Nedeljkovic
Brandon Halverson
doesn't matter

my original notes didn't save...so lets try this again.

really like this offensive group. tons of skill on all lines. we don't need to bring plugers along for the sake of it...we have the talent to bring four lines of top players and a kid like Nick Schmaltz honestly could be our 13th forward which is crazy. Fischer can bring the grit and Larkin, White, and Dvorak can bring the A+ defense and penalty killing. All lines have skill and I cant remember possibly leaving this many first rounders at home if we don't bring Boesser, Greenway, and Novak (assuming they go first round which Boesser seems a lock at least)..

this defense is mobile and has a rock like Haydon on it for a reason. Werenski, Hanifin, and Carlo are going to be the horses we ride hard, but what a top 3 that is. In 2010 and 2013 we brought puck movers on the backend and we won Gold, we do the same this year with Krys and Texeria...simply can't have enough of them as there is no use for Collins or guys like that here. I think Dougherty has a great year next year and really adds to the depth of this defense. I like the look of this group as mobile and tough...

Last edited:

Mehar

Apr 28, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
I would swap out Greenway for Garland and move Garland into a top 6 role and drop Dvorak to that third line where he would be killer at. Greenway really needs to show a lot more before I start including him on my teams.

I would also start putting Larkin and Connor together as the Michigan teammates next year (hopefully Larkin stays 1 more year) will have chemistry and skill to burn..

Chychrun unfortunately isn't going to happen...that little punk went to the darkside :laugh: but Campoli was a nice consolation prize to get and we can still hope Logan Brown picks more wisely then Jake did.

my group right now:

Forwards

Conor Garland - Dylan Larkin - Kyle Connor
Sonny Milano - Austin Matthews - Alex Tuch
Paul Bittner - Colin White - Christian Dvorak
Jeremy Bracco - Ryan MacInnis - Christian Fischer
Nick Schmaltz

just missing cut - Brock Boesser , Alex DeBrincat and Dominc Turgeon

Defense

Noah Hanifin - Aaron Haydon
Zach Werenski - Brandon Carlo
Jack Dougherty - Keoni Texeria
Chad Krys

just missing cut - Blake Seibenaler , Louie Belpedio, and Jack Glover

Goaltending

Alex Nedeljkovic
Brandon Halverson
Brendan Burke

Burke is ineligible, since he is turning 20 next month, but your roster looks good from my end. Excuse my ignorance- which Jake are you talking about who did not pick wisely?

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Burke is ineligible, since he is turning 20 next month, but your roster looks good from my end. Excuse my ignorance- which Jake are you talking about who did not pick wisely?

yeah I added a ton of follow up notes and took 0ut Burke but it didn't save...oh well..

I was speaking of Chychrun in my reference to Jake..

Mehar

Apr 28, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
yeah I added a ton of follow up notes and took 0ut Burke but it didn't save...oh well..

I was speaking of Chychrun in my reference to Jake..

Okay thanks. I thought you were talking about someone else, but i guess Jake does sound better than Jakob. You did a good job putting together your roster.

dwanmaster*

I don't know about Texeria over Belpedio. I also think Tommy Novak sneaks into the forward core

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
I don't know about Texeria over Belpedio. I also think Tommy Novak sneaks into the forward core

yeah Texeria is a pure wild card....an unlikely one, but if he plays the way I think he can next year, I would much rather have him then Belpedio who I am not a big fan of...

as for Novak, you may be right, but who do you take out at forward to put Novak in?

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
Milano-Larkin-Tuch
Bittner-Matthews-Bracco
Schmaltz-Connor-Dvorak
Garland-Tkachuk-Boeser
Fischer

Hanifin-Werenski
Belpedio-Carlo
Krys-Collins
Dougherty

Nedeljkovic
Halverson
Schierhorn

dwanmaster*

Will Garland be back in the CHL next year? He already leads everyone in points

William H Bonney

Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
My current guess at the squad:

Forwards (x13):

Sonny Milano - Auston Matthews - Alex Tuch
Kyle Connor - Dylan Larkin - Brock Boeser
Matthew Tkachuk - Christian Dvorak - Conor Garland
Paul Bittner - Ryan MacInnis - Jeremy Bracco
Nick Schmaltz

Defense (x7):

Zach Werenski - Louie Belpedio
Blake Siebenaler - Brandon Carlo
Chad Krys - Ryan Collins
Aaron Haydon

Goalies (x3):

Brandon Halverson
Alex Nedeljkovic
Jake Oettinger

Note: My assumption is that both Eichel and Hanifin will be in the NHL.

BJD

May 26, 2011
Josh Jacobs was just named to the Big 10 all freshman team. Based on his stats his season looked pretty uninspiring but maybe his play is better than his numbers.

Any chance he can crack the squad?

bnoseworthy

Nov 29, 2009
Moncton, N.B.
Conor Garland should be in a top 6 role. The kid is a gamer and makes everyone around him better. Draws tones of penalties and his IQ is off the charts.

William H Bonney

Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
Jakob Chychrun won't be available due to injury for the IIHF U18s where he would have certainly been on Team Canada and thus locked into Canada going forward.

That certainly increases Team USA's chances of bringing him into the fold as they wouldn't have done so at the U18s. If I'm Team USA, I invite him to Lake Placid this summer and then to the WJC as an underager, especially if Hanifin and/or Werenski are unavailable. I'm not sure what Canada's defense is projected to look like at next year's tournament but he'd have a better chance at Team USA as an underager than Team Canada.

Mehar

Apr 28, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Jakob Chychrun won't be available due to injury for the IIHF U18s where he would have certainly been on Team Canada and thus locked into Canada going forward.

That certainly increases Team USA's chances of bringing him into the fold as they wouldn't have done so at the U18s. If I'm Team USA, I invite him to Lake Placid this summer and then to the WJC as an underager, especially if Hanifin and/or Werenski are unavailable. I'm not sure what Canada's defense is projected to look like at next year's tournament but he'd have a better chance at Team USA as an underager than Team Canada.

His own twitter page has a picture of him in a Team Canada jersey on top. Unless he does a total switch, he will be representing Canada in the future, and he said it again two months ago in an interview. Logan Brown and Chychrun made a great decision to represent Canada in the future, and hopefully other dual citizens in the future make this same wise decision that these two fine young men. The US had their fair share of duals go their way (including 5 duals in the NTDP right now), so it goes both ways.

William H Bonney

Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
His own twitter page has a picture of him in a Team Canada jersey on top. Unless he does a total switch, he will be representing Canada in the future, and he said it again two months ago in an interview. Logan Brown and Chychrun made a great decision to represent Canada in the future, and hopefully other dual citizens in the future make this same wise decision that these two fine young men. The US had their fair share of duals go their way (including 5 duals in the NTDP right now), so it goes both ways.

Sigh. I never said it's likely. I just said it potentially opens a door that would have been closed forever. I'm also not saying USAH will even try to take advantage either because I doubt they do. And the Twitter pictures should be taken with a grain of salt. Logan Brown had the USA Hockey logo as his Twitter background and picture until he started playing in Windsor. They're kids, they're not making calculated decisions.

orangeandblack

Nov 27, 2004
philadelphia

How can a decision be fine or great before it has been made? Also how can something be fine or great before there is an outcome to judge the decision by.

Would they still be fine young men if the repped the US?

They've made a total switch once, they may do it again. Both went to USA camps, and Brown was at NTDP tryout camp. Had Chychrun played USHL not Jr Canadiens he may have been wearing a USA flag in the picture.

Out of curiosity, have Jeff Chychrun or Jeff Brown ever been selected to represent Canada on a national level?

While I think both are top notch prospects, neither will determine the success of either country going forward.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
How can a decision be fine or great before it has been made? Also how can something be fine or great before there is an outcome to judge the decision by.

Would they still be fine young men if the repped the US?

They've made a total switch once, they may do it again. Both went to USA camps, and Brown was at NTDP tryout camp. Had Chychrun played USHL not Jr Canadiens he may have been wearing a USA flag in the picture.

Out of curiosity, have Jeff Chychrun or Jeff Brown ever been selected to represent Canada on a national level?

While I think both are top notch prospects, neither will determine the success of either country going forward.

I agree with this.

As with Logan Brown, I still doubt he plays for Canada, that is my opinion. Just because he wore a team Canada jersey and made some tweets means nothing to me as he is an American kid playing in Canada...just trying to fit in eh??

he comes from a Canadian father but was born and raised here...I think he is just going through the motions as he has said many positive things about USA Hockey in the past, been to camps and USNDP tryout, so not going to really say one way or the other which way he goes. Chychrun likely plays for Canada, but like Bonney said couldn't hurt for the US to throw him a roster spot out there at camp and see if he bites.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad