Hitchcock/Eansor - Donato - Bjork

Fortunato - Mcavoy
Krys

I think this is what you will see

whitetape

Jun 3, 2006
Originally posted by Castrophy
While there is no doubt the CHL has way more skill and talent then the NCAA,

In 2015, 23 players were drafted by the 12 Hockey East teams vs. 35 drafted by the 22 WHL teams (just picking the reputedly toughest conferences in the NCAA and CHL). That's a fairly big edge to the NCAA teams in skill and talent.

DoubleDouble*

Tkachuk-Matthews-DeBrincat

That has got to be the most exciting line I have seen for the US in a while.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
So no Connor, Roslovic and now Bellows and Keller..if this team fails to score look no further than these names. Seriously don't see the need of Hitchcock on this team, Bjork, Eansor, and Donato will do just fine..just not seeing why he is here when you can never have enough skill.

NTDP

Dec 20, 2010
Cleveland, OH
Agree Bonney, I deleted my comment, and I'm not to sure how effective Bellows would have been here. You have a point with Keller and Connor for sure. But I still think Bellows is a year away from being relied upon in the WJC. Just my thought.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
So no Connor, Roslovic and now Bellows and Keller..if this team fails to score look no further than these names. Seriously don't see the need of Hitchcock on this team, Bjork, Eansor, and Donato will do just fine..just not seeing why he is here when you can never have enough skill.

As good as Keller and Bellows are as prospects this is not their year. They weren't going to fit in on the top three lines and aren't going to cut it in a 4th line role either. I would have room for Connor and Roslovic, but again-the top three lines as is are awash with talent. I think we just need to recognize that at least this year's U.S. team had more than enough talent but a limited number of spots. It's a good problem to have.

Knies iT

Mar 6, 2015
Those top 9 forwards look absolutely scary. That group is going to bring hell to the tournament.

kk87

Feb 12, 2015
Waterloo, ON
Canada looked bad against Sweden. Should be an easy win for us.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: it's gonna be a great game. Canada's compete level and discipline will both inevitably increase once the tourney starts. If you think it'll be an easy win for you, you're in for a surprise.

On a different note, this US team looks pretty scary. Great group of forwards, albeit a few omissions I can't understand. I still think you could be in some trouble if your defence gets exposed though.

sean3250

Feb 7, 2015
This may be a little late to the party, but why did Keller not make the team? Was he bad in camp or something? Maybe his age? He's better than anyone on the 4th line and MacInnis, IMO. I think he'd be able to handle top 9 minutes.

Slightly OT, but does anyone think this team is going to medal? The top 6 is amazing, but after that it leaves a lot to be desired (minus Werenski), IMO. Certain players could have really helped this team.

NTDP

Dec 20, 2010
Cleveland, OH
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: it's gonna be a great game. Canada's compete level and discipline will both inevitably increase once the tourney starts. If you think it'll be an easy win for you, you're in for a surprise.

On a different note, this US team looks pretty scary. Great group of forwards, albeit a few omissions I can't understand. I still think you could be in some trouble if your defence gets exposed though.

It'll be a really good game, Canada is always tough to beat. Can't wait for opening puck drop.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
This may be a little late to the party, but why did Keller not make the team? Was he bad in camp or something? Maybe his age? He's better than anyone on the 4th line and MacInnis, IMO. I think he'd be able to handle top 9 minutes.

Slightly OT, but does anyone think this team is going to medal? The top 6 is amazing, but after that it leaves a lot to be desired (minus Werenski), IMO. Certain players could have really helped this team.

This team has a great top nine, not just six. It also has a very capable 4th line that clearly has a specific job. It's not Trouba/Jones on defense and Hanifin would have been a great add, but I think they will get the job done. Good skaters/puck movers and there is no Collins which is addition by subtraction. Goaltending looks solid as well. I think the U.S. is right there with the other favorites.

Machinehead

GoAwayKakko
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Padding your pockets with "bump material" is not the purpose of this thread. Cross-posting will not be tolerated. Saying it now before the games start.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->