Werenski-Glover
Collins-Dougherty-Seibenaler

Halverson - Ned - Minney

Last edited:

BillyShoe1721

Terriers
Mar 29, 2007
Philadelphia, PA
Anyone think Dakota Joshua or JJ Piccinich have a chance?

No. Piccinich is going to have to improve leaps and bounds compared to his current play to get consideration (he has just one point in 14 games this season). Joshua would have to really impress his freshman year to get a thought. This is a very deep forward corps.

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
That team doesn't seem very good

Well Hanifin, Werenski and Matthews should be mature enough to have a big impact , and I remember the 2013 team,I wasnt familiar with players like Jim Vesey , Jake McCabe etc and they won, so you never know.

UncleSam19

Jun 16, 2013
agree with alot thats been said here, but disagree with the thought that this will be a weaker team. the team this year was loaded with talent but very young, next years team will have alot of returners. i think larkin has to be the captain based on his personality and performance. its going to hurt losing fashing, compher, butcher, mccoshen, and demko. but thats the world juniors. i like alot of the line combos people have said but id switch larkin and matthews and have larkin between milano and tuch and have austin play with bracco and schmaltz, just think it suites the centers play better, or maybe load up with the top 6 which i wish they would have done this year, and play larkin at C with matthews on his wing. watching the tourny this year, the core of the D was young but they will be better next year, if eichel can come back, great. but if not w/e. but i think not shortening the bench this year killed us instead of rolling the balanced 4 lines. it works maybe vs weaker teams but id say use this squad and load up the top 6

nobuddy

Oct 13, 2010
Nowhere
Assuming Eichel and Hanifin are in the NHL... America may be like....?

Milano-Matthews-Tuch
Larkin-Connor-Schmaltz
Greenway-White-Iacopelli
Dvorak-MacInnis-Schoenborn

DeAngelo-Werenski
Carlo-Collins
Jacobs-Dougherty

Demko
Nedeljkovic
Halverson

jabes

Jul 3, 2013
Halifax, NS
Assuming Eichel and Hanifin are in the NHL... America may be like....?

Milano-Matthews-Tuch
Larkin-Connor-Schmaltz
Greenway-White-Iacopelli
Dvorak-MacInnis-Schoenborn

DeAngelo-Werenski
Carlo-Collins
Jacobs-Dougherty

Demko
Nedeljkovic
Halverson

You won't get Deangelo and Demko, they will be 20 before tourney starts.

Jaykay

Jul 5, 2012
Minneapolis, MN
This was my early guess in the USA thread-

Milano-Matthews-Tuch
Bracco-Larkin-Schmaltz
Dvorak-Connor-Garland
Bittner-Hitchcock-Boeser
Novak

Hanifin-Werenski
Dougherty-Carlo
Collins-Belpedio
Krys

Halverson
Nedeljkovic

SabresBillsBuffalo

May 4, 2010
Buffalo
DeBrincat, Dvorak, Yan, Askew, Bittner, Turgeon. Some CHL names there to keep a key eye on.

Don't forget cusp guys too. Bailey would be 20 when the tourny rolls along. A 20 year old bailey can propel team USA. He should be pretty darn good by then(for juniors level)

They have alot of names to dig through. Defense might be skeptical. But a returning Werenski, Hanafin is huge, even Carlo should be better.

1Gold Standard

Jun 13, 2012
DeBrincat, Dvorak, Yan, Askew, Bittner, Turgeon. Some CHL names there to keep a key eye on.

Don't forget cusp guys too. Bailey would be 20 when the tourny rolls along. A 20 year old bailey can propel team USA. He should be pretty darn good by then(for juniors level)

They have alot of names to dig through. Defense might be skeptical. But a returning Werenski, Hanafin is huge, even Carlo should be better.

Justin Bailey? 1995 birth year, thus ineligible for next year's tournament.

Is there another Bailey?

1Gold Standard

Jun 13, 2012
I thought you could be 20 and play

There's always some confusion about the age restrictions of this tournament.

You have to be under 20 years of age when the tournament begins. i.e. be 19 years of age up to Dec.31. A player who turns 20 while tournament is in progress (Jan 1 or later) is eligible to play.

This tournament just finished was for players born 1995 and later.

next year in Finland for players born 1996 and later and on it goes.

SabresBillsBuffalo

May 4, 2010
Buffalo
Apologies about Bailey boys. You see U20 and assume its 20 and under.

Alot of CHL talent to choose from next year. Milano-Matthews-Tuch should be a great line.

Dvorak is tearing it up the O this year. Same with DeBrincat. Yan is playing well in the Q as well.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Apologies about Bailey boys. You see U20 and assume its 20 and under.

Alot of CHL talent to choose from next year. Milano-Matthews-Tuch should be a great line.

Dvorak is tearing it up the O this year. Same with DeBrincat. Yan is playing well in the Q as well.

agreed, but doubt we see a lot of those kids named.

Dvorak at this point should be an absolute lock for this team with the style of game he plays.

Ryan MacInnis will be right there as well..

Denis Yan IMO has no shot because that top 6 looks filled already, and he isn't suited for a bottom 6 role. He certainly gets invited, but it is going to be hard for him to crack the top 6 here IMO...love the kid and his skill.

Alex DeBrincat likely won't get much of a look due to his age and lack of familiarity with USA Hockey..BUT I wouldnt be shocked to see a very young Kailer Yamamato get a sniff here since USA Hockey loves this kid out of Spokane WHL. Not saying this is a certain, but the way his rookie year has gone, the way he plays the game like Tyler Johnson and USA Hockey bringing him on board at an International level, he is a name to keep out for despite being a late-98.

And do not forget about Conor Garland who should have been here this year especially over Louis..Garland is a lock for the eval camp and team IMO as well...kid is too damn skilled to not make this team as this isn't the NHL where size is going to be a factor in a career..he can shine at this tourney..

a lot of smaller type of players in the CHL right now for the US, but they are all skilled and gritty.

DeBrincat
Garland
Yamamoto

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
I know we have been talking about possible coaches...so what about Ron Rolston? I never was his biggest fan back in the day but I think he would do well here though he is scouting right now...

If it isnt a big guy like Bylsma or my ultimate USA Hockey coach Ron Wilson (why the hell not)..then I wouldnt mind Rolston as all the college coaches seem to not excite me really...though York would be a great coach..

cagney

cdojdmccjajgejncjaba
Jun 17, 2002
I know we have been talking about possible coaches...so what about Ron Rolston? I never was his biggest fan back in the day but I think he would do well here though he is scouting right now...

If it isnt a big guy like Bylsma or my ultimate USA Hockey coach Ron Wilson (why the hell not)..then I wouldnt mind Rolston as all the college coaches seem to not excite me really...though York would be a great coach..

Have you forgiven Rolston for the debacle that was the '09 tournament? Everyone around here felt he did a bad job that year with a talented team that choked away a big lead against Canada and was upset by Slovakia in the quarterfinals.

I don't mind giving a coach a shot at redemption but they really need to look for a sure thing for next year.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
Have you forgiven Rolston for the debacle that was the '09 tournament? Everyone around here felt he did a bad job that year with a talented team that choked away a big lead against Canada and was upset by Slovakia in the quarterfinals.

I don't mind giving a coach a shot at redemption but they really need to look for a sure thing for next year.

Is there a sure thing in the U.S. coaching ranks? Even Dean Blais went from hero to zero.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $6,151.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino