WJC: 2016 — Canada Roster Talk (Part II)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mach85

Mar 14, 2013
Absolute joke to cut Dubois and Bring some of those OHL-WHL guys instead: Quenneville, Hawryluk, Merkley, Chartier

HC has something against the Francophones and it's been clear for a while.

Lauzon should be on this team as he's been better than the others around him for 6th or 7th d.

Not inviting Perron was a joke. He's perfect fit for HC.

Also why bring some WHL-OHL guy and not invite some QC guy like Aube Kudel who has more speed than any1 on thsi squad...

oh well...

C'mon man, don't be that guy. That's ridiculous.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Absolute joke to cut Dubois and Bring some of those OHL-WHL guys instead: Quenneville, Hawryluk, Merkley, Chartier

HC has something against the Francophones and it's been clear for a while.

Lauzon should be on this team as he's been better than the others around him for 6th or 7th d.

Not inviting Perron was a joke. He's perfect fit for HC.

Also why bring some WHL-OHL guy and not invite some QC guy like Aube Kudel who has more speed than any1 on thsi squad...

oh well...

Chabot, Lauzon, Beuvillier, Gauthier.

86Habs

May 4, 2009
Definitely happened to Couture.

Interesting cuts. Good for HC in cutting Dal Colle despite his draft ranking. Also good for them cutting Chychrun even though he can (and should) switch to the American team in the future. I'm surprised that Watson was cut, but that probably gives an indication that Canada wants a dedicated defensive fourth line.

Point/Crouse/Marner/Barzal/Beauvillier/Strome/Konecny/Gauthier aren't getting cut. Stephens is a Hockey Canada guy and I highly doubt he gets cut. Looks like it's between Quenneville, Hawryluk, Merkley, Chartier and Perlini with two getting cut (I am assuming based on all the smoke that Virtanen is loaned). I guess that Perlini makes it as he's a LW with size and speed, which is an element Canada is lacking. He has not impressed though. I think Hawryluk makes it as a typical Canadian fourth line energy player. I'm skeptical that Merkley gets picked since Canada is stronger on the right side. Nearly a toss up between Quenneville and Chartier... maybe Quenneville because he has played more this year.

Assuming that Hicketts/Sanheim/Fleury/Juulsen/Dermott are in. I think McKeown is in, as a RHD and a former Hockey Canada captain. Little chance for Lauzon. Between Hickey and Chabot, I think they go with the safer guy in Hickey. Depends on if they want a big more stability or a bit more explosiveness... most coaches tend to be conservative.

You're right about Couture...I had MDC's high draft selection on my mind and he is certainly the highest draft pick to have been cut twice after his draft. There have been others selected lower who have been passed over. He definitely doesn't deserve to be there though. Assuming Virtanen is loaned this is shaping up to be a solid edition of Team Canada

nelsojc

Nov 13, 2015
Looks like Virtanen is getting loaned..hockey Canada at Ricoh now talking to him after his game vs Marlies.

leafsfuture

Mar 30, 2008
I just hope Virtanen doesnt go head hunting and run some guy into the boards in a key game lol

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Crouse - Strome - Marner
Beauvillier - Point - Virtanen
Perlini - Barzal - Konecny
Quenneville - Stephens - Gauthier
Chartier

Sanheim - Hicketts
Fleury - Juulsen
Dermott - McKeown
Chabot

Status