Rumor: 2015 World Championships

snizzbone*

Yeah I was looking at their roster and it says they have a bunch of spots still open? Why would they hold 5 spots for 1 guy?

edit: IIHF website lists them at 20 skaters.. can add 2 more.

Nithoniniel

Sep 7, 2012
Skövde, Sweden
Yeah I was looking at their roster and it says they have a bunch of spots still open? Why would they hold 5 spots for 1 guy?

edit: IIHF website lists them at 20 skaters.. can add 2 more.

http://www.aftonbladet.se/sportbladet/hockey/landslag/hockeyvm/article20730187.ab

Washington's Nicklas Backstrom is the only NHL player Pär Mårts keeps the door open for the moment .

- Yes, it is a center we need in the first place , he says.

Pär Mårts notified striker Nicklas Danielsson today and he has almost given up hope of more reinforcements from the NHL.

- Of course I follow what's happening and would "Bäckis" go out so he gets the question . But it is virtually the only player to date.

---

Just noticed that he specified it as NHL players.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
It's too bad Team Canada didn't leave a spot open. Tavares apparently was interested in playing for Canada. We already filled our fwd spots. JT to Crosby with Giroux and Duchene would have been something.

leafsgirl12

Apr 29, 2014
Canada
It's too bad Team Canada didn't leave a spot open. Tavares apparently was interested in playing for Canada. We already filled our fwd spots. JT to Crosby with Giroux and Duchene would have been something.

true team canada should of waited a bit to fill all the forwards spots then Tavares could of went.

cookie

Fresh From The Oven
Nov 24, 2009
Oven then stomach
Kind of funny how all of Team Canada has only 4 first overall players (Crosby, Hall, Ekblad, and MacKinnon) and are the tourney favourite. The Oilers on the other hand have just as many but are the polar opposite.

carko32

May 14, 2014
Slovenia
Our Leo Komarov was added to Finland's national team for this WHC, if I saw correctly on their roster on IIHF site.

leafsgirl12

Apr 29, 2014
Canada
Our Leo Komarov was added to Finland's national team for this WHC, if I saw correctly on their roster on IIHF site.

he was not just added now he was already on the roster it was confirmed he would be playing for Finland on April 30th and Gardiner on Team USA and Panik playing for Slovakia.

carko32

May 14, 2014
Slovenia
he was not just added now he was already on the roster it was confirmed he would be playing for Finland on April 30th and Gardiner on Team USA and Panik playing for Slovakia.

Whoa, I missed his name back then. But yeah, 3 our guys are playing, and at the moment, from the games I saw, Panik was the best of them. Jake isn't playing much, but he was playing ok, when he was on ice. I haven't seen Komarov in their game against USA, but I'll watch some more games in next games.

leafygoods

Defending Champs
Aug 12, 2009
Halifax
So after only playing 8 minutes the first game, Gardiner was a healthy scratch for the US yesterday? What's going on? I didn't see the first game, did he play that poorly? I didn't think he looked good in the exhibition game vs Austria.

The NCAA kids are playing very well and winning so can't argue that it's not working. Has Jake just continued to mail in in from the rest of the leafs season?

darrylsittler27

Oct 21, 2002
Gardiner will be given next season.

His value is low anyway, you won't get a first for him right now. The Leafs can afford to play him under a new coach and see if it is fixable, we aren't making the playoffs anyway.Right now I would rate his value at a high 2nd rounder.

Trigger96

Mar 3, 2006
So after only playing 8 minutes the first game, Gardiner was a healthy scratch for the US yesterday? What's going on? I didn't see the first game, did he play that poorly? I didn't think he looked good in the exhibition game vs Austria.

The NCAA kids are playing very well and winning so can't argue that it's not working. Has Jake just continued to mail in in from the rest of the leafs season?

He's just...not that good....at least not good enuff..lol

Nithoniniel

Sep 7, 2012
Skövde, Sweden

He got outworked in front of the net on a goal against in the first game, other than that he played a decent, quiet game in those 8 minutes.

The coach obviously prefer the D-pairings as it is, and considering the success they've had there's really no reason to make changes.

Should have been Loov...

Swedish management is big on players that have joined previously and done well. Hedman had a bad few games when he came over and would probably get passed by if he was available even this year, and Granberg was very good last time around.

His value is low anyway, you won't get a first for him right now. The Leafs can afford to play him under a new coach and see if it is fixable, we aren't making the playoffs anyway.Right now I would rate his value at a high 2nd rounder.

A team big on advanced stats would give a 2nd rounder for him, otherwise I think his value is actually lower than that now. I agree though, there's no reason to give him away when his value is so low.

egd27

Donec nunc annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA
Kind of funny how all of Team Canada has only 4 first overall players (Crosby, Hall, Ekblad, and MacKinnon) and are the tourney favourite. The Oilers on the other hand have just as many but are the polar opposite.

Funnier that all these 1st overalls are playing for the WC instead of the SC.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad