Rumor: 2015 World Championships

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Ah it's a weak call/rule or whatever. He didn't do anything to the tender. I would hate it the other way around.

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
Ah it's a weak call/rule or whatever. He didn't do anything to the tender. I would hate it the other way around.
True enough. But I feel that way about the trapezoid and shootout. Sadly, we just have questionable rules in sports sometimes.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
True enough. But I feel that way about the trapezoid and shootout. Sadly, we just have questionable rules in sports sometimes.

exactly. it's a stupid rule - but it's a rule that is constant. (and the thing is - the play should have been called dead regardless because the guy was in the crease) so dead puck either way.

IIHF needs to get rid of this rule, for sure. (but I don't think they want to even contend with all the goalie interference that will happen because of it) :laugh:

Stats01

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
The rule is black and white, you cannot have your skate in the crease whether it's on a goal or during play...The ref whistles the play dead and the face-off comes outside the blue line. It's happened multiple times on non-goal situations, unfortunately for the Czech's this happened on a goal which obviously got immediately waved off. There is no grey area at all with this rule. I've seen this rule implemented as quickly as a player skating through the crease..thats how strict this rule is. The guy didn't stop and have his skate in the crease for more than a second he just happened to skate through the blue paint and the play got whistled down (this was a few years ago)

carko32

May 14, 2014
Slovenia
The rule is black and white, you cannot have your skate in the crease whether it's on a goal or during play...The ref whistles the play dead and the face-off comes outside the blue line. It's happened multiple times on non-goal situations, unfortunately for the Czech's this happened on a goal which obviously got immediately waved off. There is no grey area at all with this rule. I've seen this rule implemented as quickly as a player skating through the crease..thats how strict this rule is. The guy didn't stop and have his skate in the crease for more than a second he just happened to skate through the blue paint and the play got whistled down (this was a few years ago)

Yep, they were very strict with this rule, happened lots of times in games I've seen this WCH, some teams were really good at pushing opposing players into their crease, especially Norway against Slovenia, they had killed like 5 or 6 dangerous Slovenian attacks with such move.

Nooodles

May 7, 2010
Geszteréd
Congratulations Canada!
See you next year in St. Petersburg!

ml_150425_999_www.kepfeltoltes.hu_.jpg

Team Hungary
:)

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks