Rumor: 2015 World Championships

Jerkini

May 31, 2003
Visit site
Komarov just got thrown out of the Russia-Finland game in an awful call.

IIHF refs...:help:

I saw a gif of the hit. It seems the Russian player's girly screams got him kicked out of the game. The fact that was an eject-able offence in the eyes of the ref is actually quite hilarious. :laugh:

Super Mega

Jun 29, 2013
If everyone thought the NHL was going soft .. The IIHF is outdoing them

Apparently this was kneeing

1355.gif

Rayzorexe

Meh..
Dec 29, 2009
Toronto, ON
So Leafs Lunch was discussing that Gardiner was scratched twice in favour of Mike Reilly and when he was in, he only played 8 minutes. So how bad has he really been?

Last edited:

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
So Leafs Lunch was discussing that Gardiner was scratched twice in favour of Mike Reilly and when he was in, he only played 8 minutes. So how bad has he really been?

USA does not have a veteran team so Jake being a healthy scratch in favour of an unsigned NCAA player is a bit surprising but we all know Gardiner is a risky player and Blue Jackets coach Todd Richards runs a tight ship structurally.

RobBrown4PM

Pringles?
Oct 12, 2009
Let's wait till next year to put the boots to Gardiner. I think we can safely say not one Leafer can be excused for the mess that was this season, not even Reilly if we're trying to build a team dynamic.

Bobs your uncle

Sep 18, 2003
Canada
Not exactly a ringing endorsement of Gardiner if NCAA university defenseman have pushed him to the press box as a healthy scratch. Discussion on Leafs Lunch suggested his play in Prague has been underwhelming and the USA coaching staff don't have confidence in his play or decision making.

The_Chosen_One

Jul 4, 2006
Melbourne, Australia
Not exactly a ringing endorsement of Gardiner if NCAA university defenseman have pushed him to the press box as a healthy scratch. Discussion on Leafs Lunch suggested his play in Prague has been underwhelming and the USA coaching staff don't have confidence in his play or decision making.
Gardiner is not the kind of defenceman you can have shackled in his zone. He's most effective jumping up into the rush. Seeing that he's still not considered a veteran, defensive-minded coaches won't be giving him the benefit of the doubt yet despite being stronger in suppressing shoots than Jay Bouwemeester.

Underrated, mid-pairing, defenceman who will look much better with someone who likes distributing from the back-end. Letang, Karlsson or even P.K. Subban tend to play this kind of game even though all three differ so heavily on the defensive end.

GoodNewfieBoy

We got a guy
Oct 17, 2007
Calgary
Looks like Jake was in the lineup and scored today.

Hopefully his dumb coach plays him again. Leafs Lunch made a good point: This guy has paid his dues for USA Hockey, he's not getting paid and is an established NHL defenceman giving up his time, and that he should just pack his bags and go home if they aren't going to play him. I hope that idiot in CBJ gets fired next year just for being an ass clown.

Terrible GM

Jul 10, 2013
Maritimes
Looks like Jake was in the lineup and scored today.

Hopefully his dumb coach plays him again. Leafs Lunch made a good point: This guy has paid his dues for USA Hockey, he's not getting paid and is an established NHL defenceman giving up his time, and that he should just pack his bags and go home if they aren't going to play him. I hope that idiot in CBJ gets fired next year just for being an ass clown.

Jake might of scored, but he got absolutely dummied by Josi, and that's why he has a reduced role. Against a better team can you trust him.. I don't, not yet at least.

Guy Boucher

Oct 22, 2008
Jake might of scored, but he got absolutely dummied by Josi, and that's why he has a reduced role. Against a better team can you trust him.. I don't, not yet at least.

I'm sure Todd Richards trying to entice Mike Reilly to sign with Columbus has nothing to do with it though.

Razz

Jan 23, 2011
Mississauga
I'm sure Todd Richards trying to entice Mike Reilly to sign with Columbus has nothing to do with it though.

Hah yeah. Scratching an NHL D man for an NCAA kid whom just happens to be drafted by the team you coach for in the NHL...no conflict of interest there, no none at all! :)

What a joke. Not that I care that much really because my interest in this tournament is virtually 0. Crap like this just proves it.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Beautiful tic-tac-toe play from Crosby to Eberle to Hall and goal for Canada today against the Czechs.

That is what is going to happen in Edmonton this year just swap McDavid for Crosby in that equation.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad