Rumor: 2015 World Championships

Nithoniniel

Sep 7, 2012
Skövde, Sweden
Who's talking about carrying a team? Trust me I stopped expecting that from Reimer a long time ago.

I was sarcastic since you bring up Reimer when the difference in quality between those teams is to the point that the following is completely true:

Toskala, or Raycroft could have backstopped this team.

Team Canada utterly dominated all opposition to the point that goaltending was a non-factor, and you bring up Reimer?

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
If not the Leafs, I'm glad the Oilers got McDavid.

Can't think of another team that I'd want to see him on.

In the east he'd kill the Leafs, out here he'll be competing against the power teams.

Might as well keep some talent in Canada.

But for 24th. overall, really hope they get the most skilled big center available.

They have nothing to get excited about in the system at the moment, unless Nylander is shifted to that position.

Sundin, Sittler, Keon ... okay. ;)

Eberle and Hall looked good at the Worlds. We(Leafs) had zero players make Team Canada this year. It is rather sad. Just as well, when Leafs made the Worlds team, we usually flopped.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Eberle and Hall looked good at the Worlds. We(Leafs) had zero players make Team Canada this year. It is rather sad. Just as well, when Leafs made the Worlds team, we usually flopped.

Bernier and Rielly were invited.

Bernier was injury/him being RFA held him back

Reilly wasn't cleared medically I believe as he had said he needed to consult with team doctors before heading over.

I wish they had went as it would of been a good experience.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009

Reilly wasn't cleared medically I believe as he had said he needed to consult with team doctors before heading over.

yeah. Poor Morgan, especially, because he said he truly wanted to go.

Longshot

Jul 2, 2008
Ontario, Canada
What pure dominance by Team Canada.

66 goals in 10 games. Never trailed. 10 straight wins.

Reminds me of the early days of hockey video games including international play. I can remember loading up Canada and winning 9-0 each game.

Watching this tournament was like seeing video game fun become reality.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011

Had Bernier gone, Smith would probably not been the #1G. Considering how well he played, I would say that was a good thing. You can't argue with a perfect record. Team Canada's roster was perfect this year.

Stats01

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
by far the best team Canada has sent to this tournament IMO. Pure dominance from start to finish. Who would've thunk it...that French game was the closest game of the tournament lol.

We're now "officially' back on top as the best nation in the world according to the IIHF. With the gold win we move up from #4 to #1 in the IIHF rankings. Both the men and women are #1. We also capture the #1 seed heading into the 2018 Olympics. We're in Group A along with Czech Republic, Switzerland and South Korea.

Longshot

Jul 2, 2008
Ontario, Canada
by far the best team Canada has sent to this tournament IMO. Pure dominance from start to finish. Who would've thunk it...that French game was the closest game of the tournament lol

In terms of performance, no doubt.

But I think the best team Canada ever sent to the Worlds (on paper) was the year of the lock out. Everybody was available since there was no NHL that season.

Paradoc

John Tavares is a Leaf!
Mar 13, 2013
Toronto
Had Bernier gone, Smith would probably not been the #1G. Considering how well he played, I would say that was a good thing. You can't argue with a perfect record. Team Canada's roster was perfect this year.

Bernier is much better than Smith. You said it yourself. Team Canada was perfect. No matter who was in Net they would have won.

Last edited by a moderator:

MJ65

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
Smith played very well in this tournament, and based on this performance he has enhanced his value

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Bernier is much better than Smith. You said it yourself. Team Canada was perfect. No matter who was in Net they would have won.

Well they did with Smith. And he was very good. He did not let in one bad goal from my memory. We can only speculate what if with Bernier. But I am glad Smith played more like the Smith of old. He's the Gold medal winning goalie of 2015.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad