Rumor: 2015 World Championships

GoodNewfieBoy

We got a guy
Oct 17, 2007
Calgary
I didn't see a thread for this, is it appropriate to start one?

Dedicate this thread to all rumours of Leafs participating in the World Championships.

Reilly said he is going, he just has to check with doctors first. Also, Bernier was asked and said he's not going. Would be nice if any posters could provide links.

Cheers

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Gardiner will play for Team USA. Komarov likely to play for Finland. Panik playing for Slovakia.

carko32

May 14, 2014
Slovenia
Is Soshnikov on the Russian team?

I couldn't find any information on their page, not even on their official page in Russian. Maybe some other guys from Russia can tell us more. Plus I'll check in russian newspapers available online later today.

Soshnikov was included in their team for Eurochallenge, but I doubt he'll make it.

mikebel111*

Chris Johnston ‏@reporterchris · 4m4 minutes ago
Todd McLellan to coach Canada at the worlds; assistants Peter DeBoer, Bill Peters and Jay Woodcroft. Country has lost in five straight QFs.

expect a fast paced puck possession system

carko32

May 14, 2014
Slovenia
I found it. They are playing pre-tournament matches these days and Soshnikov is used on 4th line with Zubov and Slepishev. Maybe he'll stay on a team, but finals of Gagarin cup are still played, so I expect quite a few guys from both finalists will be included. It's going to be tough for him, to stay there, but I hope he does.

KGL

Auston 3:16
Sep 5, 2014
Going:
Jake Gardiner (Team USA)
Leo Komarov (Team Finland)
Richard Panik (Team Slovakia)

Maybe going:
James Van Riemsdyk (Team USA) (Injury)
Morgan Rielly (Team Canada) (Injury)

Not going:
Phil Kessel (Team USA)
Jonathan Bernier (Team Canada) (Injury)
Dion Phaneuf (Team Canada) (Injury)

Those are the ones I've heard of. Anyone know if Kadri was invited to Team Canada?

KGL

Sep 5, 2014
Any reason why Kessel isn't going?

Don't think so. Phaneuf and Bernier both mentioned injuries. Kessel actually said he didn't have any significant injuries. So it looks like he just doesn't want to go.

Gary Batman

Aug 4, 2014
Don't think so. Phaneuf and Bernier both mentioned injuries. Kessel actually said he didn't have any significant injuries. So it looks like he just doesn't want to go.

Looks like it.

If there is anything that is optional, you can almost always count Phil out. (like optional skates too).

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002

Probably for the best. Hard to blame him after the season he's had.

johnny_rudeboy

Mar 20, 2006
Karlstad
Probably for the best. Hard to blame him after the season he's had.

Normally players like to extend the season and play for their country and "redeem" them self after a poor showing in the NHL. But I guess they dont get paid enough for Phil to be interested. And he have a golf swing to improve as well. And golf is played at a walking pace without any one trying to hit you or steal your ball, perfect sport for The thrill.

Guy Boucher

Oct 22, 2008
Going:
Jake Gardiner (Team USA)
Leo Komarov (Team Finland)
Richard Panik (Team Slovakia)

Maybe going:
James Van Riemsdyk (Team USA) (Injury)
Morgan Rielly (Team Canada) (Injury)

Not going:
Phil Kessel (Team USA)
Jonathan Bernier (Team Canada) (Injury)
Dion Phaneuf (Team Canada) (Injury)

Those are the ones I've heard of. Anyone know if Kadri was invited to Team Canada?

Bernier isn't injured. He and Kadri are worried of going without a contract/insurance.

Bernier said he's out, Kadri said he's not sure.

Kurisu

mad scientist
Aug 13, 2012
In A Lonely Corner
Normally players like to extend the season and play for their country and "redeem" them self after a poor showing in the NHL. But I guess they dont get paid enough for Phil to be interested. And he have a golf swing to improve as well. And golf is played at a walking pace without any one trying to hit you or steal your ball, perfect sport for The thrill.

:facepalm: Oh please. If he doesn't want to go, he doesn't have to. No need to insult the guy but I guess that's the kind of guy you are.

KGL

Sep 5, 2014
bernier isn't injured. He and kadri are worried of going without a contract/insurance.

Bernier said he's out, kadri said he's not sure.

Bernier didn't say it, but LeBrun suspects it. He's pretty reliable.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad